Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 05-02-2012, 08:59 PM   #81
03glgold
GLS member

03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute
I checked part number and it didn't check out for the alero but it did check out for 06' Lancer...He bought them for a Lancer Ralliart... Maybe tried to do it themself and didn't know what they were doing or searched wrong year, who knows
03glgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:41 AM   #82
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

XanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to XanderWiFi
The job is done! KYB AGX, H&R Springs, KYB Mounts.

Performance: the car doesn't even rock when turning now, I will be selling my tower brace bars because I do not even see the need for them. However, the springs are extremely stiff-if you want a smooth floating ride this is not the setup for you. I feel every divvit and pothole and imperfection in the road.

For pics, see the "canvas is complete" thread.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:55 AM   #83
mfuller

I would say H&Rs are firm, but certainly not stiff.
They are IMHO the best compromise between comfort and performance.
My old coilovers with Eibach Race Springs (basically what Scott has on his car) were stiff.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:05 PM   #84
happyisthealero
GL Member

happyisthealero is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderWiFi View Post
The job is done! KYB AGX, H&R Springs, KYB Mounts.

Performance: the car doesn't even rock when turning now, I will be selling my tower brace bars because I do not even see the need for them. However, the springs are extremely stiff-if you want a smooth floating ride this is not the setup for you. I feel every divvit and pothole and imperfection in the road.

For pics, see the "canvas is complete" thread.

So what might be the best setup for me then? I want a smooth ride for my 4dr alero and when I get a 2dr I want performance up the wazoo!

On a side note I wonder if I could do air ride+sway bars+strut tower braces?

Do I still need coils if I have air ride?
happyisthealero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:43 AM   #85
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
No. you have bags on the struts.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:21 AM   #86
falloutboy
GL Member

falloutboy is on a distinguished road
for an overall mix of performance and comfort I suggest the FE3 suspension with aluminum control arms (bushing designated as "blue" by GM).
depending on your comfort in roll movement I'd select a suiting swaybar, don't ignore the rear (these two have to match).

for the more performance ride, see the aftermarket suggestions with an appropriate alignment
1979 350SB Chevrolet Camaro Project Thread
1995 Chrysler Stratus LX
1999 3.4L Oldsmobile Alero (resource page)
2002 Nissan Primera with CVT
falloutboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 04:08 PM   #87
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

XanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyisthealero View Post
So what might be the best setup for me then? I want a smooth ride for my 4dr alero and when I get a 2dr I want performance up the wazoo!

On a side note I wonder if I could do air ride+sway bars+strut tower braces?

Do I still need coils if I have air ride?

This would probably be it. When I asked for guidance I said no expense spared with the best performance.

I think the only thing better would probably be a custom build.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:01 PM   #88
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

The H&R Springs, KYB AGXs and KYB Mounts have been installed. The look is great and I recently took a long distance trip through the pennsylvania turnpike and never had to go slower than 70 on all the hilly curves that run through there. In that situation, you can understand how good suspension can save you gas by not having to brake, speed up.

I have not been able to tinker fully because i am still healing from a wrist surgery but my one beef with the suspension is it is extremely stiff. Yeah-I get it-it's supposed to be. But at low speeds I bounce with every imperfection on the road-the texture of the road, not even bumps or potholes (if that makes sense). I plan to adjust them to a softer setting but wondered what other's experience has been. On the front suspension, I also have a silver bolt over the adjustor on the passenger side, but just the open adjustor on the driver side-not really sure what to think about this.

I have a bubble in my tire, most likely from hitting some road construction bumps. Need to do something before I destroy the rest of them.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:16 PM   #89
mfuller

Quote:
But at low speeds I bounce with every imperfection on the road-the texture of the road, not even bumps or potholes (if that makes sense).
I know exactly what you mean.
Wait until you're stopped on a bridge and can feel the entire roadway oscillate when other cars and trucks roll by.....
Old 12-02-2012, 01:02 PM   #90
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

Do you have yours adjusted to the softest setting Matt? Or middle to stiffest? How does it appear under the hood? This bolt on one side and not on the other is making me nervous. Hopefully it is just to cover it.

Should they squeak through a break in period too?
Old 12-02-2012, 01:30 PM   #91
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
Quote:
Do you have yours adjusted to the softest setting Matt? Or middle to stiffest? How does it appear under the hood? This bolt on one side and not on the other is making me nervous. Hopefully it is just to cover it.

Should they squeak through a break in period too?

What do you mean by a bolt on one side and not the other? I have AGX's and have them set to 2. Def a nice stiff ride.
Old 12-02-2012, 02:05 PM   #92
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

I'm going to post a different thread with some pics to keep this one more on topic...I'm pretty upset.