Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Paint and Body Work

Old 04-30-2012, 04:19 AM   #21
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
Im still waiting for a story from bdyman
xXManwhoreXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:46 PM   #22
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
i gave my response its his choice
bdyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:51 PM   #23
fisdad
I do what I want to Sheep & Goats

fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdyman View Post
no experience in body work please dont attempt it, if you are clueless about installing a body kit and molding a kit the correct way so it does crack and it will bond, DONT DO IT!!

if ya do and dont heed my advice guys like me will take a look at it, and you will be charged double and or triple to redo and fix what you call "body work"

now i will offer my services my woman lives in nw indiana schererville to be exact and ill be more then happy to install this kit, of course for a fee

so its your choice

PM'd
fisdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:01 PM   #24
fisdad

Well I thought I'd PM, but someone doesn't like to be contacted so here it is...

BDYMAN, this one's for you

I am clueless about this. I'm a perfectionist when it comes to my car and I know damn well when to let a professional do the work. This is one of those times unfortunately. Yeah, I'm sure I could get the kit on there, but it would never look like it should and that would be a waste of money and time.

That said...

This is a Razzi kit Plus the GAGT door stick on moldings as well as the GAGT fender moldings that will need to be molded smoothly onto the Razzi skirts somehow. I'm sure you know how. Also, I'd like the lips bolted on from behind if possible. I met with a body guy that specializes in full restoration today that suggested using "toilet bolts" on the back side of the top of each lip kit spaced every 4 inches and drilling into the original bumper and bolting on from behind. He called this "body welding". Is that something you have done or would recommend? I just don't want to get bumped in a parking lot and have the kit shift or have the seam come unseated because of some idiot.

Also, what price range are we looking at? I'd love to have a member of the community do the work if possible. You know, keep all the cash "in the family" so to speak.

I got quotes today and one was $1500 to install and fit the kit plus paint the kit, front and rear bumpers, hood and up to the bottom of the window trim for $1500. No, it wasn't Maaco. It was a legit shop that does a lot of this kind of thing.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:20 PM   #25
fisdad

so I have been stressing out trying to figure out how to afford dual exhaust look on my car after I get the Razzi kit on... Turns out, for $20 at my local pic and pull I can get the muffler and tips from a GAGT and bolt it right on! That's much better than the $350 I was quoted for a flowmaster! I can almost afford to get it done!
Old 05-01-2012, 06:39 PM   #26
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Papa Rad17 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisdad View Post
so I have been stressing out trying to figure out how to afford dual exhaust look on my car after I get the Razzi kit on... Turns out, for $20 at my local pic and pull I can get the muffler and tips from a GAGT and bolt it right on! That's much better than the $350 I was quoted for a flowmaster! I can almost afford to get it done!

shits so damn expensive these days. oh well, just a few more months before the zombie apocalypse then everything will be free!!
Papa Rad17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:11 PM   #27
JLw7123
i speed up for corners

JLw7123 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to JLw7123 Send a message via Yahoo to JLw7123 Send a message via Skype™ to JLw7123
350 for an catback exhaust installed is not bad at all.
1999 auburn mist metallic gls sedan R.I.P
2005 Subaru legacy 2.5i 190k. New rims and tires for summer.
JLw7123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:45 PM   #28
fisdad

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLw7123 View Post
350 for an catback exhaust installed is not bad at all.

It's not a catback it was just a flowmaster muffler with the tips "custom made" they said

I can buy a catback pacesetter for 350 and install it myself, but I just want the muffler for now to complete my razzi kit until I can afford better.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:50 PM   #29
JLw7123
i speed up for corners

Send a message via AIM to JLw7123 Send a message via Yahoo to JLw7123 Send a message via Skype™ to JLw7123
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisdad View Post
It's not a catback it was just a flowmaster muffler with the tips "custom made" they said

I can buy a catback pacesetter for 350 and install it myself, but I just want the muffler for now to complete my razzi kit until I can afford better.

oh 350 sounds kinda steep for just to install a muffler.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:51 PM   #30
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Papa Rad17 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLw7123 View Post
oh 350 sounds kinda steep for just to install a muffler.

my flowmaster was only $30 to get put on. the most beautiful welds iv ever seen. 350 crazy.
Papa Rad17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:01 PM   #31
JLw7123
i speed up for corners

on my alero it cost me 80 bucks for the muffler and installed everything else. The welds are not the best but the are still holding together. i had some help bending the 2.5 inch piping.
Old 05-02-2012, 01:46 AM   #32
fisdad

Yeah, I felt like it was pretty steep. I looked online and just the flowmaster muffler was more than 80. I'd still need to get the pipes and tips and install it too which I figure would run another 50 or so. The factory GAGT with some new tips will work for now and I'm sure that I can install it myself since it should just bolt right up.