Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Paint and Body Work

Old 07-14-2012, 12:55 AM   #1
ronnysbray
GX Member

ronnysbray is on a distinguished road
Painting her :D

Ill be painting my alero a bright blue here in the next month or so depends on how long it takes us to construct the paintbooth I just wanted to see what yall think of it if yall would think it would look good or not im thinking of doing white racing strips but im not completly sure yet ill be getting the 5 spoke rims for her and powdercoating my calipers and brackets blue possibly or something else thatll fit with it im not sure on what tone of blue i am going to be using. The rims depending on if I like them polished or not will probally end up getting powdercoated in a smoke chrome like my rangers rims, any thoughts?

Last edited by ronnysbray : 07-14-2012 at 01:04 AM.
ronnysbray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 11:11 AM   #2
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Before doing anything serious, photoshop it! Makes things much easier to prototype so you don't spend money on something you find out doesn't really look the way you imagined.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 11:30 AM   #3
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

cavaliers60 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to cavaliers60 Send a message via MSN to cavaliers60 Send a message via Yahoo to cavaliers60
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
Before doing anything serious, photoshop it! Makes things much easier to prototype so you don't spend money on something you find out doesn't really look the way you imagined.

THIS
cavaliers60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 01:18 PM   #4
jhubbz
⌘ Irish Pride

jhubbz is on a distinguished road
Yeah there was a was named bluelego or something like that. It was a bright blue color that didn't look that great to me anyway

Done lost my mind
jhubbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 02:42 PM   #6
03Sleepr
Premier V.I.P. Member

03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhubbz View Post
Yeah there was a was named bluelego or something like that. It was a bright blue color that didn't look that great to me anyway

exactly what I was thinking, or maybe it was just his bright green wheels..

anyways IMO darker colors look better on an Alero.
03Sleepr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 02:53 PM   #7
ronnysbray
GX Member

Not quite that bright of a blue
Old 07-14-2012, 02:59 PM   #8
ronnysbray
GX Member

pimped-up-cars-iii-blue.jpg

this is about the color I would like to do.
Old 07-14-2012, 04:12 PM   #9
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnysbray View Post
Attachment 11234

this is about the color I would like to do.

That's a good, deep glossy blue. Metallic?
Old 07-14-2012, 04:15 PM   #10
ronnysbray
GX Member

Thats what it looks like, wow alerob888 you live in fort knox? thats like right down the road lol.
Old 07-14-2012, 04:59 PM   #11
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnysbray View Post
Thats what it looks like, wow alerob888 you live in fort knox? thats like right down the road lol.

yeah, Radcliff, but Fort Knox area. I go to E-town quite a bit, though. Know a lot of the older North Hardin people. I was at Brangers the other day, they cleared out a lot of their stock. Said they can dyno FWD
Old 07-14-2012, 05:09 PM   #12
ronnysbray
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AleroB888 View Post
yeah, Radcliff, but Fort Knox area. I go to E-town quite a bit, though. Know a lot of the older North Hardin people. I was at Brangers the other day, they cleared out a lot of their stock. Said they can dyno FWD

Im not a big fan of brangers but yea
Old 07-14-2012, 07:30 PM   #13
spc2125
GLS member

spc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond repute
metallic i find is the easiest to hide swirl marks paint defects
Check out my alero!
Aleromod Showcase Video
spc2125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 07:46 PM   #14
ronnysbray
GX Member

Yea not to mention it always looks good lol but I do have to replace a few parts before I paint thats the only downside but ill be goin up to pull-a-part to get the parts
Old 07-15-2012, 09:03 AM   #15
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by spc2125 View Post
metallic i find is the easiest to hide swirl marks paint defects

incorrect answer!! mettalics are the worst you see everyting if the mettalic is laid out wrong do ya not think your gonna see a tiger stripe?? or mottling?? eff yes you will. pearls, candy`s, the worse colors to do if ya dont know what your doing inexperience can ruin paint work

to the original poster.........if you have zero experience in paint and body, no words i type out will help i have to be there in the flesh to help you but i can type this, be patient, take your time, and preping is the key poor preping you will have problems to the high heavens!!!

if you have questions i can try to help the best i can but it wont do any good since im not there helping you but i can try
bdyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 09:19 AM   #16
AleroB888
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdyman View Post
incorrect answer!! mettalics are the worst you see everyting if the mettalic is laid out wrong do ya not think your gonna see a tiger stripe?? or mottling?? eff yes you will. pearls, candy`s, the worse colors to do if ya dont know what your doing inexperience can ruin paint work

to the original poster.........if you have zero experience in paint and body, no words i type out will help i have to be there in the flesh to help you but i can type this, be patient, take your time, and preping is the key poor preping you will have problems to the high heavens!!!

if you have questions i can try to help the best i can but it wont do any good since im not there helping you but i can try

x2, plus metallics harder to match for repairs, right?

I used metallic once, careful as I could be but still got tiger stripes.

Also, I used the same 2.0 sprayer for primer, final coat, everything. Got severe orange peel. Took days of 1500 grit water sanding to get it looking decent, but the stripes still showed.
Old 07-15-2012, 10:00 AM   #17
MMGT1
GLS member

MMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond repute
Production shop like a carstar would be my choice to have the paint laid on it. In a shop like that you, get a painter that that is all he does, PAINT!.. lol Don't know what its like in the states, but the two best painters in the area here work for production shops like that
Old 07-15-2012, 03:02 PM   #18
ronnysbray
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMGT1 View Post
Production shop like a carstar would be my choice to have the paint laid on it. In a shop like that you, get a painter that that is all he does, PAINT!.. lol Don't know what its like in the states, but the two best painters in the area here work for production shops like that

The painters around here kinda suck lol but like I said we are in the process of building a paintbooth
Old 07-15-2012, 03:17 PM   #19
jhubbz
⌘ Irish Pride

jhubbz is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03Sleepr View Post
exactly what I was thinking, or maybe it was just his bright green wheels..

anyways IMO darker colors look better on an Alero.

LOL!

Done lost my mind
jhubbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 03:22 PM   #20
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

Gr1m is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Gr1m
this kid nick...i forget the forum name on here, had a 4dr bagged and turboed alero. i sold him some parts....he had a nice blue on his alero, if someone remembers his name maybe they can post it up for you to see.

I shaved my balls for this?
Gr1m is offline   Reply With Quote