Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > Aleromod.com Showcase

Old 03-29-2016, 06:33 PM   #1
IbnAlfreak
GX Member

IbnAlfreak is on a distinguished road
Bye Bye Glados

Well guys, I was in an accident today. I'm okay, but pretty sure my car won't be. I was sitting at a green light waiting to turn when a distracted driver went off center and drove straight into me. Pretty sure his insurance company is going to total the car because of the KBB value. I'd work on it myself, but being a broke college student, I don't have the money or space to keep her around, so, I might have to say goodbye. I really hope it doesn't come to that. I love my car so much, it is such a great car to drive.

Updates to follow.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dfgdfgdfgdfg.jpg (384.1 KB, 81 views)
Old 03-29-2016, 08:19 PM   #2
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry to hear that, keep us posted...
Old 03-29-2016, 08:47 PM   #3
1970cs
GX Member

1970cs is on a distinguished road
I am not sure how your insurance works down in Ohio. Ours is no fault so your own insurance company takes care of the bill. PLPD and you are right it's goner in Michigan.

Small claims court and sue for damages, rental and lost wages?

Pat
1970cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 09:19 PM   #4
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
11 posts into your stay here and that happened. Damn. :/
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 05:44 AM   #5
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
IDK, not that much damage IMHO.

Keep us posted and let us know what happens

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 06:59 AM   #6
falloutboy
GL Member

falloutboy is on a distinguished road
Dang that sux big time.
But as long as you are ok, everything else can be replaced.

Indeed, the damage for you as a DIY might not be as much. With the insurance money, u may be able to save her and have her till you find a mint Alero again
1979 350SB Chevrolet Camaro Project Thread
1995 Chrysler Stratus LX
1999 3.4L Oldsmobile Alero (resource page)
2002 Nissan Primera with CVT
falloutboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 01:07 PM   #7
Bahlzeron
GX Member

Bahlzeron is on a distinguished road
From a bit of quick reading, Ohio is a "fault" state (opposite of what I'm used to in Michigan). If you can, try to get a payout instead of totaling it.. then go to the junkyard and pull all the parts from there... or pay someone to if you don't have the time/place/skill to do so yourself. Of course that is if it doesn't have any major frame damage (which can usually be fixed also).. if the unibody is completely effed then get what ya can, then hit up CL for another Alero!
Bahlzeron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 03:31 PM   #8
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Papa Rad17 is on a distinguished road
That sucks! You didnt even to get to enjoy it very long. Hope they you squared away. I know a few years ago they assessed my first alero as full value 3,700 at the time. Granted, I chopped a telephone pole on half, but they totaled it.
Papa Rad17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 10:53 PM   #9
IbnAlfreak
GX Member

Well guys, they totaled her today.

Looking into possibly another Alero, they're such fun cars. If I had the time, I really would just rebuild her myself, but working 2 part time jobs and going to school full time leaves me with needing to buy a new car due to time constraints. On a side note, they tried offering me only $900! I told them absolutely not and they had to go "reassess." Will find out the full payout in the next couple days. Thankfully I wasn't hurt. I'm definitely gonna keep an eye on the salvage yards for new arrivals, who knows, maybe I'll be able to buy her back. Thank you guys for the support, you and my Alero have definitely made an imprint on my life. You only ever have your first car once and there's nothing quite like it. I'll check in every once and a while to see what's up. I'll keep everyone posted if more info arrises.
Old 04-01-2016, 03:48 AM   #10
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Papa Rad17 is on a distinguished road
You wanting a pre-modded alero? I'd sell mine for the right price to the right person
Papa Rad17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 04:11 AM   #11
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
$900? how many miles? are they smoking crack?

Around here, Aleros going for $900 don't run. I was thinking if they totaled it, it would have been in the $2400 range

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 12:09 AM   #12
IbnAlfreak
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Rad17 View Post
You wanting a pre-modded alero? I'd sell mine for the right price to the right person

How much?
Old 04-07-2016, 12:10 AM   #13
IbnAlfreak
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redog View Post
$900? how many miles? are they smoking crack?

Around here, Aleros going for $900 don't run. I was thinking if they totaled it, it would have been in the $2400 range

That's what I told them. They only bumped it up to $1,100. I'm so mad. I showed them a bunch of other Alero's going for way more and they still wouldn't budge.
Old 04-08-2016, 08:58 AM   #14
Bahlzeron
GX Member

Bahlzeron is on a distinguished road
I'd say contact a lawyer, or what ever other avenue is available to rectify the situation in Ohio. They're trying to stiff you out of what's rightly owed to you, the penny pinching bastards.
Bahlzeron is offline   Reply With Quote