Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 11-23-2004, 10:38 PM   #21
bigd6983

so formula is there a motor that you think is capable of say between 25-35 horsepower gain (give or take) that aint going to draw the power like that eaton does.......

thats what i think will benefit our cars.......no one wants to modify our cars that much, a nitrous install would be easier, and cheaper but would eventually catch up........although the ugliness of having those extra batteries in ur trunk would suck......
Old 11-23-2004, 10:41 PM   #22
FormulaNERD
GLS member

FormulaNERD is an unknown quantity at this point
battery sizes...

FormulaNERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 10:45 PM   #23
FormulaNERD
GLS member

the eaton is the supercharger, the motors are completely seperate

i'm sure when he checks his websites logs and sees refferals, he'll be here to answer any other questions, i'm just as curious as you are on this concept, and i see it as a possibility, but what do i know really?

and as for batteries, you could have a custom enclosure, or have two stacked on each side, and not take up very much usable trunk space.
Old 11-23-2004, 10:45 PM   #24
bigd6983

yea im not diggin those batteries........
Old 11-23-2004, 10:47 PM   #25
FormulaNERD
GLS member

Quote:
Originally posted by VTOLDS@Nov 23 2004, 09:38 PM
Back when I researched Electric Superchargers I saw one with, I think it was 3 fans and they turned on the minute you went full throttle and didnt shut off till you let off the gas they even had a cool video to go with it of them blowing crap around with the fans.
i'd like to see the video if you could find it... for poops and giggles, but simply put, fans do not, and will not ever work.
Old 11-23-2004, 10:48 PM   #26
bigd6983

i get what ur saying formula......we just need some lower amperage motors or the ability to adjust them for everyday driving capabilities and i think it would work out and be a bigger success compared to the nitrous style charger......
Old 11-23-2004, 10:51 PM   #27
FormulaNERD
GLS member

i agree.

engine bay

trunk

i think the cables could be easily hidden, and the battery boxes dont look too horrible closed.
Old 11-23-2004, 10:53 PM   #28
Vtolds
H&B Shipping Agent

Vtolds is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Vtolds
Quote:
Originally posted by FormulaNERD+Nov 23 2004, 10:47 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (FormulaNERD @ Nov 23 2004, 10:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-VTOLDS@Nov 23 2004, 09:38 PM
Back when I researched Electric Superchargers I saw one with, I think it was 3 fans and they turned on the minute you went full throttle and didnt shut off till you let off the gas they even had a cool video to go with it of them blowing crap around with the fans.
i'd like to see the video if you could find it... for poops and giggles, but simply put, fans do not, and will not ever work. [/b][/quote]
What was funny is with 3 of the fans stacked the thing was so long I dont think you could fit it under any hood especially when you put a filter on it. I'll try my best to find the Site bu they are probably long out of business.
Vtolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 10:55 PM   #29
FormulaNERD
GLS member

i cant wait to see geoff's 10 second 1st gen neon, electricharged.
Old 11-23-2004, 11:00 PM   #30
FormulaNERD
GLS member

and another thing i thought about....

everyone is complaining that you only get 15 seconds, at first i was complaining as well.

but with a projected HP of 313 (cai, headers, 6psi). you'll hit your 108 govenor before the 15 seconds is up, and it'll be recharged by the time you slow down/stop/etc.

i havent checked battery prices and such, but i think that the ESC, S&S headers, and CAI would still have you checking in at under 4000, possibly under 3500. take that RSM.
Old 11-23-2004, 11:02 PM   #31
bigd6983

let me know what he thinks he can do........i like the eaton style though......a lot of design needs to be figured out under the hood though, having the filter that close 2 the engine i dont like

just let him know my ideas formula and see what he can come up with.....
Old 11-23-2004, 11:05 PM   #32
bigd6983

Quote:
Originally posted by FormulaNERD@Nov 23 2004, 09:00 PM

everyone is complaining that you only get 15 seconds, at first i was complaining as well.

but with a projected HP of 313 (cai, headers, 6psi). you'll hit your 108 govenor before the 15 seconds is up, and it'll be recharged by the time you slow down/stop/etc.
yea and that would work for the track, but im talkin about everyday driving, some more passing power, things like that, if im stuck behind a car and see an opening but need 2 get on it a little i dont wanna hafta push a button for it to be there, i want it to just be there......
Old 11-23-2004, 11:05 PM   #33
FormulaNERD
GLS member

i'm almost positive that the filter you see is just regular WAI when the s/c is bypassed.
Old 11-23-2004, 11:05 PM   #34
Vtolds
H&B Shipping Agent

Vtolds is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Vtolds
That is defintely alot different than what you get if you just google it.
Vtolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 11:07 PM   #35
FormulaNERD
GLS member

Quote:
Originally posted by bigd6983+Nov 23 2004, 10:05 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bigd6983 @ Nov 23 2004, 10:05 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-FormulaNERD@Nov 23 2004, 09:00 PM

yea and that would work for the track, but im talkin about everyday driving, some more passing power, things like that, if im stuck behind a car and see an opening but need 2 get on it a little i dont wanna hafta push a button for it to be there, i want it to just be there...... [/b][/quote]
no no no, you dont understand, it's not just pushbutton power... it has been done for WOT as well.

and i'm surprised nobody has brought up fuel issues. a simple FMU can be used to inject more fuel at WOT... no real worries for a/f and stuff like that for turbo / s/c

and as for passing... i'm guessing with 313 hp, 60-100 speeds are far quicker than anyone would need.
Old 11-23-2004, 11:08 PM   #36
bigd6983

Quote:
Originally posted by FormulaNERD@Nov 23 2004, 09:00 PM
i havent checked battery prices and such, but i think that the ESC, S&S headers, and CAI would still have you checking in at under 4000, possibly under 3500. take that RSM.
nooo it doesnt compare to on hand power, theres a difference.......
the fact its on hand whenever i need it is enough to sway me and a lot of people into buying another product over his.....

i myself would love to go supercharged when funds permit, i want something ready 2 go, no switches, no batterys to worry about being charged......

just slam on my foot and listen to the whinning lol.......
Old 11-23-2004, 11:11 PM   #37
FormulaNERD
GLS member

i agree... in some ways.

i dont mind the batteries if the overall cost is cheaper than RSM and i'm looking at 313 HP at 6psi, without worrying about upgrading internals.

and an automatic engagement at WOT, or even 75% (normal superchargers are the same way)

also IN THEORY, the same supercharger, running on a belt, at the same specs with the same mods and psi will only get you 275hp
Old 11-23-2004, 11:18 PM   #38
bigd6983

Quote:
Originally posted by FormulaNERD+Nov 23 2004, 09:07 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (FormulaNERD @ Nov 23 2004, 09:07 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:
Originally posted by bigd6983@Nov 23 2004, 10:05 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-FormulaNERD
Quote:
@Nov 23 2004, 09:00 PM

yea and that would work for the track, but im talkin about everyday driving, some more passing power, things like that, if im stuck behind a car and see an opening but need 2 get on it a little i dont wanna hafta push a button for it to be there, i want it to just be there......
no no no, you dont understand, it's not just pushbutton power... it has been done for WOT as well.

and i'm surprised nobody has brought up fuel issues. a simple FMU can be used to inject more fuel at WOT... no real worries for a/f and stuff like that for turbo / s/c

and as for passing... i'm guessing with 313 hp, 60-100 speeds are far quicker than anyone would need. [/b][/quote]
so what ur saying is i can slam on the throttle for 10 seconds or whatever it need be, let off and let it automatically be recharged while i do some more normal driving?

i dont need 70 horses or whatever this thing adds, i think id be happy with about 30-35 that was readily available with no heavy mods to the electrical system......
Old 11-23-2004, 11:19 PM   #39
FormulaNERD
GLS member

Quote:
Originally posted by bigd6983+Nov 23 2004, 10:08 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bigd6983 @ Nov 23 2004, 10:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-FormulaNERD@Nov 23 2004, 09:00 PM
nooo it doesnt compare to on hand power, theres a difference.......
the fact its on hand whenever i need it is enough to sway me and a lot of people into buying another product over his.....

i myself would love to go supercharged when funds permit, i want something ready 2 go, no switches, no batterys to worry about being charged......

just slam on my foot and listen to the whinning lol....... [/b][/quote]
and i dont understand what you mean, no on hand power????

my buddy has an 01 regal gs, supercharged. the boost gauge stays at ZERO unless it's around 80%+ throttle.

this system can mimick that completely. i just dont understand what you're saying.
Old 11-23-2004, 11:22 PM   #40
bigd6983

Quote:
Originally posted by FormulaNERD@Nov 23 2004, 09:11 PM
i agree... in some ways.

i dont mind the batteries if the overall cost is cheaper than RSM and i'm looking at 313 HP at 6psi, without worrying about upgrading internals.

and an automatic engagement at WOT, or even 75% (normal superchargers are the same way)

also IN THEORY, the same supercharger, running on a belt, at the same specs with the same mods and psi will only get you 275hp
and like ive said earlier 313 horses is way too much to be pulling out of those stock internals and tranny.......remember my idea is keeping this daily driver material.......given im a 1/4-1/2 throttle type of guy on a normal day, but sometimes ill go 3/4 just when i feel like feeling the accelleration........that much hp is eventually going to cause problems somewhere........maybe not 2 months, maybe not 6 months, maybe not a year.........but eventually and i plan on having my car for as long as it will hold out......