Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 09-05-2013, 07:25 PM   #1
Revhappy
GX Member

Revhappy is on a distinguished road
FE2 to FE3

Hey guys,

I'm going to have to noob it up for the next few sentences, so bare with me.

It's come to my attention my sway bar bushings are shot and the sway bar itself is cracked on one end. How do I know this? Clunks that travel into the front floor boards and into the a-pillar when there is slight uneven obstacles in the road. Anyways, my RPO code for my GL1? is FE2 as per my trunk liner spare tire cover, thing.

1st question: I'm going to buy an FE3 sway bar from a local junk yard.
2nd question: I'm going to find poly bushings that will fit the new solid 24" sway bar using the existing bushing brackets on the car.
3rd question: Due to the various outdated threads, or my lack of comprehension, I don't know which site to get these bushings. I'm also looking for poly end links as well.

Did I miss anything or state any wrong information? Any input helps, cheers!

Bronze Mist 01', 2.4L w/WAI, F+R strut tower bar, 20% Tint, Upgraded 16" factory aluminum rims, Crossed drilled rotors on all 4 corners, chrome muffler tips and 3000K HID fogs.
Revhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 07:45 PM   #2
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Would you want a set of 180k mile fe3 struts/springs as well?
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 07:55 PM   #3
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Rock Auto. Click on their logo on the front page of this site and help out Aleromod as well as getting your bushings

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 08:23 PM   #4
Revhappy
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyalero View Post
Would you want a set of 180k mile fe3 struts/springs as well?

Haha, thanks but i'm good. I slapped on 4 corner struts last October from Monroe using their Sensa-trac line. It was a complete night and day transition, especially with the RF coil being broken at the bottom and the rear strut mounts making excessive noise.

I did a quick search through Nappa and tried to see if there were any different lines of struts available for my car. I searched every trim available and every part number came back the same - even for the V6. Im led to believe the sensa-trac struts are FE3-like. Its a stiff ride and not as forgiving as I thought theyd be. They hold well when cornering too (before my sway bar bushings poo'ed out on me).

Anyone come across that?

Bronze Mist 01', 2.4L w/WAI, F+R strut tower bar, 20% Tint, Upgraded 16" factory aluminum rims, Crossed drilled rotors on all 4 corners, chrome muffler tips and 3000K HID fogs.
Old 09-05-2013, 08:23 PM   #5
Revhappy
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redog View Post
Rock Auto. Click on their logo on the front page of this site and help out Aleromod as well as getting your bushings

Thanks! Now I gotta pay shipping fees... (booo)

Old 09-05-2013, 08:46 PM   #6
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revhappy View Post
Haha, thanks but i'm good. I slapped on 4 corner struts last October from Monroe using their Sensa-trac line. It was a complete night and day transition, especially with the RF coil being broken at the bottom and the rear strut mounts making excessive noise.

I did a quick search through Nappa and tried to see if there were any different lines of struts available for my car. I searched every trim available and every part number came back the same - even for the V6. Im led to believe the sensa-trac struts are FE3-like. Its a stiff ride and not as forgiving as I thought theyd be. They hold well when cornering too (before my sway bar bushings poo'ed out on me).

Anyone come across that?

All aleros are the same suspension wise, you arent going to find different brands by searching different year aleros/grand ams. Or trims or v6/4 cyl. You got auto stores supply then there is KYB GR2 or AGX.

Fisdad has the monroe struts, they are okay. I like my kyb struts though.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 08:47 PM   #7
Revhappy
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyalero View Post
All aleros are the same suspension wise, you arent going to find different brands by searching different year aleros/grand ams. Or trims or v6/4 cyl. You got auto stores supply then there is KYB GR2 or AGX.

Fisdad has the monroe struts, they are okay. I like my kyb struts though.

True that. Found that out eventually haha

Old 09-05-2013, 08:48 PM   #8
Revhappy
GX Member

Just checked out Rockauto parts. The Mevotech looking poly bushings (They are polyurethane, yes?) are non-existent for the 24MM bar

Anywhere else I can get these?

Old 09-05-2013, 09:14 PM   #9
Revhappy
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revhappy View Post
Just checked out Rockauto parts. The Mevotech looking poly bushings (They are polyurethane, yes?) are non-existent for the 24MM bar

Anywhere else I can get these?

I'm looking at Mevotech's online catalogue. They only make bushings for 18,19, and 22MM bars!

Old 09-05-2013, 09:18 PM   #10
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to a.graham52
i got lowering springs ill sell ya. and spare brand new front struts.