Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LD9 2.4L Twin Cam Specific

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2004, 10:54 PM   #1
duesergirl

Ok, before anyone asks, I did a search and it didn't come up with anything very helpful. Nick touched on this in that silly thread about the kid with the stock 2.2 running 14 secs, but that was about it and didn't really answer my question.

So, my question is, what difference does it make what octane you put in the car? The reason I ask: I've been hearing lately that you should put in whatever it says in the manual, and not anything higher. Jimmy has always heard that it's good for the car to put in the higher stuff once in awhile, that it sort of cleans the engine out or something. He also says you're supposed to put in one of those bottles of cleaner in once in awhile too, and I said that's not necessary because most gas has engine cleaners in it now, but that's a different story. If it's bad for the car, though, I'd like to know for sure because I want to give him a definate answer before he kills our only means of personal transportation! :rolleyes:

Oh, I put this here because that's what type of engine I have, and it is sort of an engine question, I guess. But if this is the wrong place, moderators, please feel free to move this thread wherever it should go!

Old 04-27-2004, 11:31 PM   #2
wy3134

You are absolutely correct there in the sense that the manual is correct about the gas...unleaded will be perfect for the 2.2 and its perfectly fine to run premium maybe once a month during the winter and maybe a couple times during the summer, I buy the fuel cleaners at Autozone that match the mileage on my car, usually spending the $8 for the bottle that cleans most of the fuel system, rather than 3 diff. bottles that clean only specific parts of the fuel system. Hope this helps.....

Old 04-28-2004, 03:46 AM   #3
Grouch

Copied yalls post over to this thread here:
http://invision.aleromod.com/index.php?showtopic=3529

Closed Thread