Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LD9 2.4L Twin Cam Specific

Old 05-21-2004, 05:30 PM   #1
matt_1697

I was reading in a post that someone put turbo on an alero but it said it messed up something.
I was wondering what kind of turbo it was and how much boost you were running?
and what happened. cause i wanted to put turbo on my alero. also was it stage 1,2,3,4 turbo.

also i have the 2.4 engine and i was wondering where to get all the stuff to put a manual tranny in it i would appreciate it if someone new they could tell me where to get the stuff thanks.
Old 05-21-2004, 05:32 PM   #2
Final-Reality

Have somebody do it for you, you're obviously a complete newbie and not to be rude but these forums won't be able to walk you through a process like that step by step.

Start with a junkyard and look for a grand am or alero with the engine/transmission you want and the simplest thing to do would be drop the entire front clip down underneath the car and take the whole thing. Then find a local mechanic or a friend or something who can help you or do it for you...
Old 05-21-2004, 05:42 PM   #3
matt_1697

I wasn't planing on putting it in myself i just wanted to no where to get the stuff thats all im not that mechcanicaly inclined to do it just wanted some help on where to find the stuff.
Old 06-02-2004, 10:34 AM   #4
nguyen187

i think you might be talking bout me, not sure but oh well! sorry guys i haven't been on here in a while, computer has a hardcore virus, can't even log on to the internet (useing school computer). I had a simple turbo setup on my car at first with no intercooler! Threw 3 rod bearings and what not. Rebuilt the motor with clutch and flywheel, so the tranny can handle it. The turbo is a T3/T4E running at the time 6psi. I don't really do the whole stage thing but i guess you could consider it a stage I. As for the auto tranny, it should be ok, just check out the jbody guys. If you want more details PM me!