Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LD9 2.4L Twin Cam Specific

Old 06-06-2004, 08:10 PM   #21
ShortysTRM

The filter is exactly like a K&N, but it says AEM instead and has a velocity stack style rubber base on it. It's an AEM short ram intake made for a Z24 Cavalier of the same year as the Alero. I got some new video, but I haven't uploaded it...I also re-captured the same footage as above, but with much higher resolution and much better audio, but all of the video is still in mostly uncompressed form. If you wanna see what the new stuff can do, here is a video that I converted to slightly less resolution just to test wmv compression. WRX video
Old 06-07-2004, 07:03 PM   #22
Final-Reality

that WRX video is priceless...

It's even better because you know that handi-tard will wreck his shiny WRX within a few months, like every other flaming ahoe who buys one and think "OMG AWD I'M INVINCIBLE!!"
Old 06-07-2004, 07:38 PM   #23
Sundayalero
GL Member

Sundayalero is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow, and I thought I was cool... :rolleyes:
<span style=\'font-size:8pt;line-height:100%\'>Every now and then when your life gets complicated and the weasels start closing in, the only real cure is to load up on heinous chemicals and then drive like a bastard from Hollywood to Las Vegas. Just roll the roof back and screw it on, grease the face with white tanning butter and move out with the music at top volume, and at least a pint of ether.
-From the book Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas by Hunter S. Thompson </span>
Sundayalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 12:35 AM   #24
ShortysTRM

That kid never even left first gear, and that car has almost anything you can think of swapped out for something bigger and better, so he can stop quickly, too. I don't think that he was trying to be cool necessarily, but he knew what I was after in holding a video camera out the window. He even stops early and lets a gap develop between him and the car in front of him. He could smoke any Alero, and I say that with one possible known exception, which is the RWD V8 conversion I saw pics of. I think it's a hell of a car, and I sure wish I owned it. And yeah, in that situation, AWD helped, as he was accelerating in the rain. I can't wait until I get some halfway decent videos of that car...you guys can just skip downloading those so you don't waste your time. :rolleyes: <_<