Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LD9 2.4L Twin Cam Specific

Old 03-12-2004, 08:06 PM   #1
AleroGreatOne

when I am crusin on the high way at 2,000 rpms and I go to accelerate I get a bad hesitation and the car shakes alittle then it will jump up to like 3,000 or 3,500 rpms. It feels like it is having trouble changin gears do you think that it is an transmission problem???? :unsure:
Old 03-12-2004, 10:09 PM   #2
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
i don't think it's a tranny problem but something else.

i would start with fuel and ignition.
Old 03-31-2004, 03:29 PM   #3
Jetfix

Is it only at highway speeds? 2000 rpms could be sitting just a hair past the previous shift and when you hit the gas the car gets confused whether or not to shift down or stay in it's current gearand accelerate I purposfully play with my car like this sometimes, getting just at the shift point and hittin the gas then backing off right awaycausing it to try and downshift then not letting it, dosn't hurt it any. try easing up to about 2200-2250 the punching it.
Old 03-31-2004, 03:35 PM   #4
Jetfix

I was just still thinking about your prob just after my last post, and I am positive that is what it is, the sudden jump to 3000-3500 would be the car downshifting, and the hesitation is the computer trying to determine what gear it needs to be in since it is sitting right at the shift from the previous gear
Old 04-13-2004, 10:19 PM   #5
jeremythebear
GX Member

jeremythebear is an unknown quantity at this point
Does this happen when tranny is cold? If not tranny intercooler?
jeremythebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 10:45 AM   #6
unknownproto

I highly dought that it is the tranny intercooler, I agree with jetfix
Old 05-20-2004, 09:44 AM   #7
AleroGreatOne

Well sorry to say it but y'all were off on this one. I had a feelin that it was fuel and 350.00 later still had the same problem. They took it out and test drove it and said that they couldn't find anything wrong with it. I then took out the service manager and showed him what I was talking about. So the dealership looked into it further and found it to be electrical. They replaced the spark plug boots and some coil tower or some thing like that. Now no more hesitation and life is good!
Old 05-20-2004, 09:53 AM   #8
ptrudel
Designated Drunk

ptrudel is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to ptrudel
that blows dude..i had the exact same thing happen to me a while back...they thought it was fuel...changed everything they could...didn't do nothin...ended up bein the coil and boots and plugs and it fixed it...
Old 05-20-2004, 10:18 AM   #9
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
hey................i said ignition. so i was not way off. From what I have heard our coilpacks have a tendinance to go out.
Old 05-20-2004, 11:49 AM   #10
Jetfix

Damn shoulda thought about cracked boots, changed the wires on my car and got bad ones, had the same prob. Totally slipped my mind, as they were on my car for about 5 seconds. way better explanation than that crazy ass one I gave before
Old 05-21-2004, 10:54 PM   #11
AleroGreatOne

Well thanks for the help guys now you guys are only 99.89% right all the time right? :thumbsup:
Old 05-22-2004, 11:39 AM   #12
Oldsman
Owner

i am always 100% right..................because I AM THAT DAMN GOOD!!!!

LOL