Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 08-09-2006, 12:54 AM   #1
ditchpickle

Caliper Slide Pins

Looking for new pins for the front calipers on my '01 Alero. Also need the boots for them, one is ripped and the others don't look far behind. Parts store said I had to get them from the dealer. Anybody have a GM part number, or know where I can get them?
Thanks,
-Steve
Old 08-09-2006, 08:18 AM   #2
SeaHoCaptain

I just went through this on the 99. Guess they are the same. I was able to get the pins from one of the local parts stores but the boot is another story. I wound up at the dealer... $15 each!!!! Let me check the reciept when I get home for the part number that was on mine. Not sure if they are the same however, as 99 seems to be out on its own a lot....

David
Old 08-09-2006, 06:39 PM   #3
brsexton
V.I.P. Member

brsexton is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to brsexton
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaHoCaptain View Post
I just went through this on the 99. Guess they are the same. I was able to get the pins from one of the local parts stores but the boot is another story. I wound up at the dealer... $15 each!!!! Let me check the reciept when I get home for the part number that was on mine. Not sure if they are the same however, as 99 seems to be out on its own a lot....

David

Nhh! I am sure its the same being GM used the same crappy braking system from the 1st 97 Malibu until the last 05 GrandAm on the n-body cars. They never changed a thing with the calipers, mounts, bolts, rotors, pads, ect. Most of the time you can get the caliper mounting bracket with the boots already in them for a good price. You will just to check local auto parts stores.
Old 08-09-2006, 07:11 PM   #4
SeaHoCaptain

Quote:
Originally Posted by brsexton View Post
Nhh! I am sure its the same being GM used the same crappy braking system from the 1st 97 Malibu until the last 05 GrandAm on the n-body cars. They never changed a thing with the calipers, mounts, bolts, rotors, pads, ect. Most of the time you can get the caliper mounting bracket with the boots already in them for a good price. You will just to check local auto parts stores.
Well if thats the case ... I have my receipt.
Part # = 18026151
Description = Guide 4670 A230

They gouged me $14.85 for the dang thing.

David
Old 08-10-2006, 12:04 AM   #5
ditchpickle

Thanks for the help guys.
What's all included with that p/n you listed?
Thanks,
-Steve
Old 08-10-2006, 08:00 AM   #6
SeaHoCaptain

Only the rubber dust cover that attaches to the pin and the capiler bracket to keep the pin greased

David