Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 12-04-2008, 10:48 PM   #1
umm_i_forget_14
GX Member

umm_i_forget_14 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to umm_i_forget_14
cd player help?

alright well i installed my first aftermarket cd player and i thought i did it all right but i dunno if it was sumthing i did or the deck itself, am/fm radio plays fine but i get no cd or aux playback, like it shows that sound is going to the deck but i get nothing from the speakers, b4 i go and pull my dash apart again i figured i would ask you guys to see wat it could be
umm_i_forget_14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 10:57 PM   #2
jayson_waltz
GLS member

jayson_waltz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jayson_waltz
what kind of deck?
jayson_waltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 11:05 PM   #3
umm_i_forget_14
GX Member

Sony Xplod CDX-GT510
Old 12-05-2008, 12:13 AM   #4
meadus101
Hot and Fluffy.

meadus101 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to meadus101
that's your problem. it's a sony.

No clue though.
meadus101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 12:19 AM   #5
jayson_waltz
GLS member

i truthfully don't know what features the shitty sony crap-oids have but if its anything like my pionieer check the att setting, sla setting, pause (i know but its happened to people) and a different cd. i know i also had to enable the aux setting on my deck fo it to work

btw i usually don't like painted interior trim, but that actually looks nice kinda like it matches your exterior color
Old 12-05-2008, 12:36 AM   #6
umm_i_forget_14
GX Member

yea off topic but i used body paint and did my best to colour match, im still i noob so i was just messin around with simple things, and i kno sony sucks but it has been layin around for over a year just collecting dust so i figured i would throw it in instead of spending money on a new one
Old 12-05-2008, 08:09 AM   #7
Ryan from Ohio
Master of my Domain

Ryan from Ohio will become famous soon enough
So the stereo plays out the speakers but not the cd player portion?

sounds faulty to me.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:18 AM   #8
CarGodz
GX Member

CarGodz is on a distinguished road
With it being a unit that's just been sitting around, are you sure it worked when you got it?
And ditto on the checking all the settings.
Old 12-05-2008, 12:10 PM   #9
umm_i_forget_14
GX Member

yea i had it running when i got it, and i have tryed the settings, like its not really a huge deal cuz i usualy just listen to the radio anyways, but wats the point of having a cd player that doesnt play cd's
Old 12-05-2008, 09:07 PM   #10
NickAlero2000
GLS member

NickAlero2000 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by umm_i_forget_14 View Post
yea i had it running when i got it, and i have tryed the settings, like its not really a huge deal cuz i usualy just listen to the radio anyways, but wats the point of having a cd player that doesnt play cd's

Agreed, check all of your connections again, go back in your Sony radio handbook and check which wires affect the CD player and such.
Then check how those wires look behind the dash and such.
Hope that helped.
And the paint looks nice man, well done
NickAlero2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 11:44 PM   #11
umm_i_forget_14
GX Member

yea whenever i get i day off im take it out and ceck the connections and stuff...and thx it turned out better then i was expecting
Old 12-05-2008, 11:50 PM   #12
darksobsession
GL Member

darksobsession is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to darksobsession
sony builds quality audio/electronics/playstations, so why do their car audio products bite? i've noticed everyone doesn't like em and they are really inexpensive/cheap. i even have a bias against them just from all the people who say they suck, lol.

sigs are annoying
darksobsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 12:33 AM   #13
dragon8807
GL Member

dragon8807 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to dragon8807
Quote:
Originally Posted by umm_i_forget_14 View Post
Sony Xplod CDX-GT510

same one i got, have had it for about a year with no problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan from Ohio View Post
sounds faulty to me.

x2
05 impreza 2.5rs 5spd - current car
dragon8807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 12:54 AM   #14
jayson_waltz
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksobsession View Post
sony builds quality audio/electronics/playstations, so why do their car audio products bite? i've noticed everyone doesn't like em and they are really inexpensive/cheap.
cause the audio quality of their car audio absolutely blows. if someone on here disagrees, they need to listen to a real system.
Old 12-06-2008, 10:47 AM   #15
CarGodz
GX Member

Sony used to make quality car audio stuff, but then started concentrating their efforts in other fields (such as the playstations, flat panel tvs, and computers)... Guess they figured they'd ride out the name they made for themselves.
Kenwood IMO has done about the same... While some of their high end HUs are decent, their amps are seriously lacking.
Myself personally I've seen more from companies that few have heard of that seem to make great products... Probably just cause nobody does know the name so they have to.
Old 12-07-2008, 06:27 AM   #16
darksobsession
GL Member

darksobsession is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to darksobsession
most of the shops i know of have rockford, kenwood, alpine, kicker, infinity, boston, eclipse, clarion, pioneer. these seem to be upper middle class equipment.

what brands are really high end for car audio? i know nakamichi. does denon make car audio? ryan mentioned soundstream.

what's the quality on stuff like lanzar, profile/california, phoenix? i know dual sucks ass.

sigs are annoying
darksobsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 07:33 AM   #17
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
uhm if it will play out of the speakers when you use the radio and not when you use the cd player then it is faulty. There isn't a setting on any radio to other then the memory of the radio when you go through different modes. If you all ready adjusted and it did nothing then it is crap. The only other thing I could think of is if the Cd player wasn't getting enough voltage to spin up, but then again it doesn't take that much for the little motor in there.
Old 12-07-2008, 09:02 AM   #18
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
Quote:
most of the shops i know of have rockford, kenwood, alpine, kicker, infinity, boston, eclipse, clarion, pioneer. these seem to be upper middle class equipment.

what brands are really high end for car audio? i know nakamichi. does denon make car audio? ryan mentioned soundstream.

what's the quality on stuff like lanzar, profile/california, phoenix? i know dual sucks ass.

I have a lanzar amp for my subs. Its been kicking well for several years and has had no problems. 1400W (max, which will also only put out like maybe 1000 WAY overrated) but i got it for like $140. certainly a budget brand, but i've never had any problems.

i wouldn't say soundstream is a "high end" but medium to high, yes. Decent price and excellent quality.

I've heard that there is a company named "rainbow" who makes really high end stuff (price wise) but i've yet to see specs that back up that statement. Everything i've seen is in the thousands for price, and the specs are no better then anything else. Maybe i'm missing something.

but back to the OP. Sounds broken. Maybe run a lens cleaner? when you put a disc in, does it sound like its spinning, then just not work, or does it just go in and do nothing?
Old 12-07-2008, 09:04 AM   #19
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
I got a cadence to replace my kenwood that went up and this thing is awesome. 129 new and shipped
Old 12-07-2008, 10:26 AM   #20
CarGodz
GX Member

Quote:

Well one of the best is McIntosh for true SQ, Nakamichi still makes very high end units, some of the Clarions and Eclipse are very high end as well... For a little lower down the scale you could look at Alpine, High end JVCs, higher level Pioneers, and Panasonics
Denon used to make H/Us, but they are hard to come by now.
Most of your lower level lines are just that, Lanzar, Pyle, Profile, Pyramid, and yeah I'd put most of the Duals in with those.
To go solid affordable units look at: Pioneer, JVC, Jensen, Soundstream.
We just picked up Almani a while back and while we haven't seen any long term results, they seem to have some really nice features and be pretty solid at a reasonable cost too.