Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 09-21-2009, 10:28 AM   #1
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
A/C Condenser

What holds it on? I want to remove mine but can't really tell how to disconnect it.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 12:16 PM   #2
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
two screws into the radiator, then it lifts up and out of the retaining hooks at the bottom.
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 10:54 PM   #3
A57
GL Member

A57 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to A57
yep cliff is right there are to bolts that hold the rad and a/c conds.

remove the lines and remove the cond, then reinstall the rad...
A57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 11:04 PM   #4
Atmosphere
GL Member

Atmosphere is on a distinguished road
Has anyone ever had an issue with the condenser dumping out right under the driver side dash?

I've been told that it's possible for something to get into the line and block it up, but so far I haven't been able to get it in to get checked out. My carpet is starting to get wet...
Old 09-23-2009, 11:09 PM   #5
bkathsalero
GL Member

bkathsalero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to bkathsalero
sounds like you a/c waste water line is plugged
Old 09-23-2009, 11:14 PM   #6
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
So I can take the condenser off without taking off the radiator right? I just want to disconnect or cut the lines and rip this damn thing out of the way of my radiator lol.
Old 09-24-2009, 02:14 AM   #7
jayson_waltz
GLS member

jayson_waltz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jayson_waltz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmosphere View Post
Has anyone ever had an issue with the condenser dumping out right under the driver side dash?

I've been told that it's possible for something to get into the line and block it up, but so far I haven't been able to get it in to get checked out. My carpet is starting to get wet...
the drain line is plugged. take an air hose and blow it out. a very common problem, well at least on fords it is. never heard about it on here before.

ion: if talking the condenser mounted to the rad, yea the rad is gonna have to come out to remove it.
jayson_waltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 12:56 PM   #8
A57
GL Member

A57 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to A57
a c cond.

hey ion, if u like come over to my house ur less than 1 min from my house stop in bring tool's if u like, and u can rip it off.. And get back on the road...
A57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 08:21 PM   #9
Vic28
GL Member

Vic28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Vic28
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
So I can take the condenser off without taking off the radiator right? I just want to disconnect or cut the lines and rip this damn thing out of the way of my radiator lol.
Just wanted to know if you actually had to take the radiator off? Thinking you already did it by the date lol.
Old 10-11-2009, 08:30 PM   #10
[ion] C2
636 whp

Didn't do it yet, been insanely busy, but I doubt I have to take the radiator off. Maybe if I cared about cutting the A/C lines I would, but I'm just going to cut this bitch off when I get a chance haha.
Old 04-17-2011, 07:48 PM   #11
[ion] C2
636 whp

Did it today, lol. A tad late.

Four 7mm screws hold the condenser to two brackets (one on each side) to the radiator. The brackets are held to the radiator by a 13mm bolt. The A/C lines are unbolted from each other via a 13mm bolt or nut. The upper A/C line is held in place to the radiator by a 7mm tie down strap on the passenger side top of the end tank.

I don't see any way you can remove or install the condenser with the radiator in-place without damaging a component on the a/c system. I didn't care so the radiator remained installed. For the top a/c line I cut the end of it off and then bent it all over to get around the radiator.

At first I didn't remove the bracketry to the condenser, I simply unscrewed the 4 screws that hold the condenser to the bracket. However, this implies the ability to slide the condenser straight down. You can't, because the top a/c line curves around and is blocked by the bracket on the passenger side, and the plastic stuff on the radiator. So what I did was find a way to jam the condenser as far as possible to the driver's side, and then pop it out of the bracket on the passenger side. But this still left the driver's side jammed, and the passenger side still had the metal a/c line caught on the bracket.

You can access the passenger side 13mm bracket bolt through the front very easily with a u-joint. I removed my bumper and took that bolt out, then I could reasonably wiggle the condenser out and yank it off.