Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 05-16-2011, 07:23 PM   #1
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
URGENT: Suspension Question

Aleromod suspension gurus, what is wrong with my passenger strut assembly? This is the suspected clunker. What is wrong about the spring and upper mount orientation?

[edited to remove excessive amount of imagery]
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 07:26 PM   #2
robalero
GLS member

robalero is on a distinguished road
can I see the nut on top? it might not be all the way tightened
Old 05-16-2011, 07:26 PM   #3
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
it's all the way tightened
Old 05-16-2011, 07:29 PM   #4
robalero
GLS member

the spring doesn't seem to be seated 100% straight on it from your pictures. the top seems to be slanted a bit
Old 05-16-2011, 07:30 PM   #5
[ion] C2
636 whp

ya i'm gonna compress it and see what i can do

i aligned the spring with the position of the end of the coil at the bottom where the old stock spring was. i think i was supposed to align the top's position instead to make it sit right
Old 05-16-2011, 07:32 PM   #6
robalero
GLS member

that be your best bet, if it wasn't raining I would run outside turn my steering wheel and take a pic for you
Old 05-16-2011, 07:59 PM   #7
[ion] C2
636 whp

Top nut was loose
Old 05-16-2011, 08:08 PM   #8
robalero
GLS member

lol I told ya to double check.

I did the same thing on mine but figured it out my first bump, drove back into the shop grabbed my impact gun and tightened it
Old 05-16-2011, 08:54 PM   #9
[ion] C2
636 whp

VIDEO: Loose Strut Mount
No wonder it was clunking.

It's nice and quiet now..
Old 05-16-2011, 09:13 PM   #10
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
Old 05-19-2011, 07:19 PM   #11
[ion] C2
636 whp

Getting the rear stuff on tomorrow most likely.

Rear looks lower than usual because there's a lot of heavy shit in the trunk.
Old 05-19-2011, 07:58 PM   #12
robalero
GLS member

you should tint those tails
Old 05-19-2011, 08:08 PM   #13
[ion] C2
636 whp

No, they would look terrible on a red car. Right now they blend in and look clean. I tend to hate tinting items that are meant to be bright. Tinted headlights too look so silly and are typically on cheapo cars that can't afford other mods.