Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 08-20-2007, 02:52 PM   #1
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Lol $725

That's what I got quoted for a better tune than the one GM provides in it's amazing reflash for the supercharger.

Just thought I'd share that. Only engine/performance place around here and everything I've asked them about has an enormous price tag. (Detroit Speed Shops/Livernois Motorsports is the name)
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 03:18 PM   #2
SittinOnChrome
GL Member

SittinOnChrome is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to SittinOnChrome Send a message via Yahoo to SittinOnChrome
why try making a 4 cyl into some sort of race car waste of time and money
SittinOnChrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 03:28 PM   #3
number1alero
GL Member

number1alero is an unknown quantity at this point
$725 for a good tune is not that bad of a price, especially if they are gonna make multiple dyno runs with it to ensure its tuned right. i also agree its a waste to make a 4cyl a race car...then again i just purchased a built 4.6l v8 bored to 5.0l 1996 cobra thats putting down 525hp at the wheels on 12psi with a very conservative tune (the car asks for more when i go WOT, and ill soon give it more, since its built for nearly 1000hp) and nobody will believe the price i paid for this car
number1alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 04:59 PM   #4
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
you're right what a waste i should sell my car tomorrow and buy something with more combustion chambers

Guess even people on here don't believe in modding Aleros.

No one's heard of Spyhunter, or the many on j-body running 11-14s, or the few running 8-10s. No one's heard of AMS Performance, with their 8 second Evo. All four cylinder.

I posted this not because I plan to spend upwards of $700 on nothing or waste my money, I posted this because it seems unreal how expensive it would be for these guys to dyno-tune. I'd much rather spend money intelligently, and I am.

Last edited by [ion] C2 : 08-20-2007 at 05:01 PM.
Old 08-20-2007, 05:11 PM   #5
SittinOnChrome
GL Member

SittinOnChrome is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to SittinOnChrome Send a message via Yahoo to SittinOnChrome
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
you're right what a waste i should sell my car tomorrow and buy something with more combustion chambers

Guess even people on here don't believe in modding Aleros.

No one's heard of Spyhunter, or the many on j-body running 11-14s, or the few running 8-10s. No one's heard of AMS Performance, with their 8 second Evo. All four cylinder.

I posted this not because I plan to spend upwards of $700 on nothing or waste my money, I posted this because it seems unreal how expensive it would be for these guys to dyno-tune. I'd much rather spend money intelligently, and I am.

way to go
SittinOnChrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 05:12 PM   #6
alerocar01
V.I.P. Member

alerocar01 is an unknown quantity at this point
building up a 4cyl is something i want to do some day when i get an EVO or Sti but an alero is cool too after you smoke a guy who thinks he is going to kill you.

DO WORK
alerocar01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 05:20 PM   #7
Spilner521
Boost Guru

Spilner521 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Spilner521
Quote:
Originally Posted by SittinOnChrome View Post
Yeah I know, it's such a waste. I hate beating up on "faster" cars with twice the cylidners and half the gas mileage my car has...

A powerful 4 cylinder...psshhh, who does that anymore..
Old 08-20-2007, 05:43 PM   #8
Silentalero
Kitteh is back!!!!

Silentalero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Silentalero Send a message via AIM to Silentalero Send a message via MSN to Silentalero Send a message via Yahoo to Silentalero
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post

My friend took a video of that car dynoing at HIN nightshift a week ago and my lord that car is rediculous. The dyno couldnt even keep up. It said 845whp but its more at 950whp from what i hear. Eric and them over at ams are crazy with their cars.

And i gotta agree, whats with the 4 cylinder race car comment? I had the old ams shop car (2g dsm gsx) that ran 12's consistant and there wasnt much on it. Just because it isnt an 8 cylinder gas gussler doesnt mean it cant get to the same 1/4 mile time.

Last edited by Silentalero : 08-20-2007 at 05:48 PM.
Silentalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 06:26 PM   #9
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
Quote:

I dont even know how to respond to this comment.....THIS IS AN ALERO SITE DOUCHE, atleast hes putting money into his car and not selling it like 80% of the people on this site.

Keep us updated ION, its nice to see some people on here doing stuff to their aleros.
Old 08-21-2007, 02:14 AM   #10
_01Alero_
A.S.S. Translator

_01Alero_ is an unknown quantity at this point
^^Amen...
$750 isnt a crazy price for a good tune, but it is crazy to spend that kinda money on something when you can possibly do the tuning yourself. You may not get it top notch as they will, cause you don't have a dyno to fine tweak everything, but yea....

Great car as always Ion...Keep us updated on what you're up to!!
Old 08-21-2007, 02:40 AM   #11
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
Quote:

Yeah, you can't make 4-cylinders fast...

2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 11:21 AM   #12
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Quote:

He probably spent less than you did on those goofy rims that will brake tie rods, suspension, control arms, etc

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 11:36 AM   #13
[ion] C2
636 whp

it's okay, at least he's lookin fly

forgot about the kickass Cobalt SS they made amazing, RWD still 4-cylinder running 6-7s. Saw it on TV a while ago, and on the CobaltSS forums somewhere
Old 08-22-2007, 03:30 PM   #14
number1alero
GL Member

tuning is something you should never do except with professional equipment and a certified tuner. if you dont get the fuel settings right, your gonna burn gas and lose performance. also very easy to get the a/f wrong and damage the engine. you obviously dont have the knowledge to understand how important getting the A/F ratio correct really is, or how hard it can be to get right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _01Alero_ View Post
^^Amen...
$750 isnt a crazy price for a good tune, but it is crazy to spend that kinda money on something when you can possibly do the tuning yourself. You may not get it top notch as they will, cause you don't have a dyno to fine tweak everything, but yea....

Great car as always Ion...Keep us updated on what you're up to!!
Old 08-22-2007, 04:00 PM   #15
[ion] C2
636 whp

Quote:
Originally Posted by number1alero View Post
you obviously dont have the knowledge to understand how important getting the A/F ratio correct really is

And where the **** did you see anything that remotely signified that? I must be an idiot since I thought paying $725 for a tune that would unlock at the MOST 10-15 more horsepower (noted from others' experiences) was ridiculous. I could just as well put less money into other choices of upgrades and make more HP than that. Of course a good tune is necessary for mileage/performance as you slap more and more items on, eventually; I know what tuning entails, I know why/how it works. You're the one saying our four cylinder variant Aleros are a waste to make fast. But since you know so much about this kind of shit with your nice pre-modded Mustang, you must be right.
Old 08-22-2007, 05:07 PM   #16
number1alero
GL Member

^if you read the post its not directed toward you, ya dink. its directed toward 01alero with his post, which i quoted in the same post.

ive made my point in the wrong way. not that i dont have respect for the 4 cylinder cars, such as the evo, wrx sti, but saying you can compare an alero to those cars is rediculous, because those 4 cylinder engines are built completely different from an alero 4 cylinder. and yes i know about the grand ams and whatnot running their times

again as ive said before, i have respect for spilner and the other couple cars that are making serious power for aleros. kudos to them. i personally dont see the alero as a race car, but as an efficient daily driving car.

at the end of the day, i dont have respect for 95% of this site because of all the ricing that people do to the alero with the body kits and neon lights that make it look like its a civic. personally IMO its got a nice stock body style.

but go ahead and rip on me all you want....guarantee i have WAY less in the mustang than anyone on this site has into their alero. and IMO the alero isnt that unique anymore, as ive seen so many kitted aleros in my city alone over the summer. ill go ahead and think about which pulley i gotta add to my procharger to kick the horsepower and torque over 600 at the wheels

Last edited by number1alero : 08-22-2007 at 05:26 PM.
Old 08-22-2007, 05:51 PM   #17
[ion] C2
636 whp

my bad
Old 08-22-2007, 08:44 PM   #18
Spilner521
Boost Guru

Spilner521 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Spilner521
Quote:
Originally Posted by number1alero
guarantee i have WAY less in the mustang than anyone on this site has into their alero
I doubt it...but last time I checked this wasn't a pissing contest to see who can spend the least amount of money to go the fastest...
Quote:
Originally Posted by number1alero
and IMO the alero isnt that unique anymore, as ive seen so many kitted aleros in my city alone over the summer
And a modded Mustang is what you call unique?

Also I'm wondering, how come the last few posts from you that I've read you think you need to brag about this amazing Mustang that you bought and didn't build?
Old 08-22-2007, 10:06 PM   #19
rustyballs_69
Its Beer Thirty

rustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to rustyballs_69
Seeing a modded mustang is about as unique as seeing titties at a tittie bar.

Build it how you want it, it don't matter what other people think.
rustyballs_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 01:25 AM   #20
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
Quote:
Originally Posted by number1alero View Post
ive made my point in the wrong way. not that i dont have respect for the 4 cylinder cars, such as the evo, wrx sti, but saying you can compare an alero to those cars is rediculous, because those 4 cylinder engines are built completely different from an alero 4 cylinder. and yes i know about the grand ams and whatnot running their times

But can you compare the Alero to a Lancer, or Impreza? last i checked those 4-cylinder engines aren't all that different between their standard and high performance versions. Kind of like comparing the difference between the Ecotec in the Alero, and that of a Solstice GXP, which is the highest hp/L engine GM has ever made.
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote