Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 06-11-2008, 10:43 PM   #1
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Rear Brakes

Anything I should know about before attempting to replace my rear rotors with my new drilled/slotted rotors? The e-brake is somehow involved back there, how? Anything different than the fronts?

I just put on my drilled/slotted front rotors along with some nice new pads. Took forever to get the first one done, had the wrong size tools and methods, ha. Second one was a breeze.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 10:51 PM   #2
-Alero-
GLS member

-Alero- is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to -Alero-
same process just watch out for the e-brake pin spring....it popped out when i took the rotor off, i simply put it back in place......

and i too have R1 concepts front rotors, and they are warped.....and now i need new pads and rotors........looks like ill do it right this time with the F-body front swap.....but i need the bigger wheels so.....basically
Old 06-11-2008, 11:03 PM   #3
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
interesting how long have you used the R1's?
Old 06-11-2008, 11:35 PM   #4
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
Putting rotors on isnt hard at all. Just make sure when you have the caliper off the rotor that you dont let the caliper hang by the hose.....
Old 06-11-2008, 11:37 PM   #5
Alerosaint
Gone but not forgotten

Alerosaint is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Alerosaint Send a message via Yahoo to Alerosaint
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Alero- View Post
same process just watch out for the e-brake pin spring....it popped out when i took the rotor off, i simply put it back in place......

and i too have R1 concepts front rotors, and they are warped.....and now i need new pads and rotors........looks like ill do it right this time with the F-body front swap.....but i need the bigger wheels so.....basically

how theey got warped?? Normal wear and tear? I was thinking about getting a set soon...
Old 06-12-2008, 12:00 AM   #6
01silveralero
Aleromod's most pointless thread starter

01silveralero is on a distinguished road
be sure to check your parking shoes while u have the rear rotors off. its pretty much the same deal all over for the rear.
New project 1992 460 big block ford notchback mustang
Goal - Mid 11s all motor.
01silveralero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 09:12 AM   #7
[ion] C2
636 whp

mmk I've just heard some crazy things from a guy who took his truck down to get his brakes done, they said the e-brake spring/assembly whatever's back there sometimes blows apart haha wanted to make sure I don't get any surprises

my stock front pads looked TERRIBLE i'll have to take a picture of the worst one and show you guys
Old 06-12-2008, 05:43 PM   #8
-Alero-
GLS member

yeah thats what i meant it pops out at you, also rotors are warped from 40k miles of normal wear and tear i always try not to break hard because my breaks suck and the r1 rotors a middle grade...... and i wont buy again......basically sad face
Old 06-12-2008, 06:33 PM   #9
[ion] C2
636 whp

my r1's perform and sound perfect. the stock rotors are dead every year. as far as i know everyone else with the R1s have had great experiences with them
Old 06-12-2008, 06:35 PM   #10
Vinalero
GLS member

Vinalero is on a distinguished road
40k miles on rotors is not bad.
2 door 2000 Black GX With a stick: M45 eaton supercharger - Quad4's 57mm Throttle body - Custom WAI - KYB GR-2 struts - CM Lowering springs - Front and rear strut tower brace - R1 concept zinc plated drilled/slotted rotors with semi-metallic pads - short shifter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alerosaint View Post
the #6 bolt torque..its impossible to get...unless I use telekenesis
Vinalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 06:41 PM   #11
[ion] C2
636 whp

yeah 40k miles rotor warping is not bad
Old 06-12-2008, 07:04 PM   #12
-Alero-
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
yeah 40k miles rotor warping is not bad

im sure its not but, im sure if i had 2 piece rotors by a company such as ssbc baer or brembo i wouldnt be whinning right now
Old 06-12-2008, 07:37 PM   #13
[ion] C2
636 whp

and you'd be paying 8 times as much lol
Old 06-12-2008, 08:51 PM   #14
-Alero-
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
and you'd be paying 8 times as much lol

you get what you pay for i guess i like to do things right the first time, so illl do it right this second time
Old 06-12-2008, 08:56 PM   #15
Rexter9x
V.I.P. Member

Rexter9x is on a distinguished road
I've been happy with mine so far... although I do get abit of noise with them
Rexter9x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 09:44 PM   #16
cliffordwoeller
You got beat by an Alero!

cliffordwoeller is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to cliffordwoeller Send a message via MSN to cliffordwoeller Send a message via Yahoo to cliffordwoeller
i have the power stob rotars from summit racing and those have treated me pretty well
cliffordwoeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 10:02 PM   #17
TheEdgeofSanity
GLS member

TheEdgeofSanity is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to TheEdgeofSanity
i went 100K miles on my original rear rotors

TheEdgeofSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 10:05 PM   #18
[ion] C2
636 whp

ya but the rears hardly get used
Old 06-12-2008, 10:40 PM   #19
-Alero-
GLS member

i wonder if theres a way to adjust the rears to grip more because sometimes it feels like the fronts do 100% braking and the rears just slightly graze/drag the rotor.....heh sad face again
Old 06-12-2008, 10:45 PM   #20
TheEdgeofSanity
GLS member

TheEdgeofSanity is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to TheEdgeofSanity
there's no weight on the rears so they wouldn't really stop anymore anyway. just try pulling ur e-brake and see how they are about useless.

TheEdgeofSanity is offline   Reply With Quote