Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 04-09-2005, 08:17 PM   #1
aleroguy83

well my motor has been giving me problems ever since it overheated and i changed the gasket on lower intake manifold so i have decided to buy a new engine to replace mine with. so what i have decided is that when i get the new motor checked out and put in my car i am going to tear my old engine apart and rebuild it for a turbo(maybe two?). but i just wanted to thank everyone for all their support and help and i will try and post some pics off this install while it is in progress but i'm not sure. if anyone has any advice it will be greatly accepted.
Old 04-09-2005, 11:08 PM   #2
freakout
V.I.P. Member

freakout is an unknown quantity at this point
I would take lots of pics of wire routing, connections and at different stages of disassembley. Did this on a caddy with an northstar v8 . It makes the jigsaw puzzle easier to put back together. Couldn't believe how many times I used them.

What a great damn day, I can walk!
freakout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 02:00 PM   #3
aleroguy83

yeah i remember when i changed my lower intake gasket, remembering how the wires ran was hard.
Old 04-13-2005, 02:04 AM   #4
bigd6983

yea all the normal stuff.......take pictures....lil labled plastic baggies for all the bolts.....and u should be good
Old 04-13-2005, 03:55 PM   #5
aleroguy83

all of a sudden now i have another motor coming from phoenix that i won on ebay for $50 and i have a guy wanting to sell me a 94 camaro with the 3.4 v6 in it and he only wants 500 for the whole car. it's slightly wrecked but it still drives. so if everything goes as planned i will have two cars, both with 3.4s and an extra 3.4 to play with. How does this happen?
Old 04-13-2005, 04:14 PM   #6
jamcllw
GLS member

jamcllw is an unknown quantity at this point
The 3.4 in the Camaro is different than the one in the N-Bodys.

Scratch that I thought you were going to use the Camaro engine in your car.
jamcllw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 11:48 PM   #7
aleroguy83

well it turns oout that the camaro is way to wrecked but i may go ahead and buy the drivetrain frm it so when i switch my alero to rear wheel drive i will have some of what it takes
Old 04-18-2005, 07:48 PM   #8
RAVAGE214

Quote:
Originally posted by aleroguy83@Apr 14 2005, 10:48 PM
well it turns oout that the camaro is way to wrecked but i may go ahead and buy the drivetrain frm it so when i switch my alero to rear wheel drive i will have some of what it takes

wow...
Old 04-18-2005, 11:53 PM   #9
99ALERO

Quote:
Originally posted by aleroguy83@Apr 14 2005, 10:48 PM

good luck finding room for everything. It would be cool if it would work
Old 04-20-2005, 12:44 PM   #10
aleroguy83

well it is going to be a while before that happens so dont look for it anytime soon. right now i am just concentrating on getting the new motor in and old motor out and getting old motor rebuilt for the turbo. does anyone know if it would be possible to put twins on an alero. me and a guy at work were talking about it and have been wondering ever since?