Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 08-28-2010, 06:23 PM   #1
alerored04
GLS member

alerored04 is an unknown quantity at this point
Need help trouble shooting

Three days ago on my way to work I had to stop for gas at a station I rarely use. The tank was almost dry so it was almost 11 gallons that went in. The car ran fine the rest of the 20 miles to work. When I started it to go home at the end of the day I had to tap the gas a little to get it going, this happens from time to time, I don't know why, but this one was bad enough that I noticed the difference. Immediately leaving the parking lot the car had severe hesitation and was bogging significantly below 3k rpm and or 1/2 to 3/4 throttle. After straining to get to 55 it was having minor rpm fluctuations while driving. These were enough to get me to go to 65-70 where it ran better because of the higher rpm range. At the same time it was running a little warmer than usual. But it had not yet shown any CEL codes. Friday before I left the town I work in to drive home I bought and poured in a bottle of isoheet thinking I had got bad gas because the station I filled at didn't seem like they sold alot of 91 octane which I require because of the cam, no fix from that.

That was thursday, it behaved the same to and from work on friday, except when I was a mile or two from home on friday afternoon it finally threw a CEL. I scanned it when I got home and came up with P0404, EGR Flow ckt perf, and P0306 cyl 6 misfire. This morning I bought a new EGR and installed thinking that was the issue. It did not fix it. I got fed up and took it to a shop to get diagnosed thinking it might be a plugged cat, shop immediately ruled that out. He called and said the MAF values looked pretty strange. He said normal was anywhere from 3-5 grams/sec I believe thats the measurement it was in, mine was reading 10-12 g/s. He suggested I needed a new MAF. I borrowed the MAF from my sisters GAGT and went to pick it up. Slapped the working MAF on and drove it home, no change. I am back to thinking it was bad gas and am contemplating doing the fuel filter tomorrow just to see if that is the issue.

Anyone have any clues? I am out of ideas here.
alerored04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 07:41 PM   #2
colonel6632
Premier V.I.P. Member

colonel6632 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to colonel6632
i was thinking bad gas the whole time. just try to drain whats in there, change the filter and fill up with good stuff

2005 Silverado 2500HD w/ 6.0l Vortec 4L80E
Tuned 6.0l, exhaust, intake, with 450000km on the odometer. Tow Rig

1985 Pontiac Trans Am GTA w/ 5.7 Vortec 700r4
mild vortec 350 with 4 speed auto. performance suspension. factory gold color. project car
colonel6632 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 08:08 PM   #3
Ttop191
GLS member

Ttop191 will become famous soon enoughTtop191 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Ttop191 Send a message via MSN to Ttop191
yeah I agree, just had the same problem last week, all cylinder misfire lol...thanks a lot Cumberland Farms...