Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 11-22-2004, 05:50 PM   #21
loudalero

How much did it cost ya to get this done?
Old 11-22-2004, 06:42 PM   #22
Alerosince99

quite a bit, but I was willing to pay it to be sure I was getting quality.

I paid over a grand but not by much. I'm sure most would balk at those prices but I think it was very fair for what I got. I did have to wait quite a while to have these custom done but it should be worth it.
Old 11-22-2004, 07:31 PM   #23
2000NavyAleroGLS

I'm still not sure whether to do up the 3.4 or to drop a 3.5 shortstar in and do that one up. Those heads look really nice. If you gave me all of the specs for what you are getting I could figure out how much power you will be making.
Old 11-22-2004, 07:42 PM   #24
shortstar

Hey Navy, I too am looking into the shorstar project but it daunting you have to figure a minumum 5 grand on the swap and builind them up is going to cost quite a bit since they have NO after market. Its an awsome engine with tons of potential though so If you got the change go for it. Im still trying to price shop but this is going to be huge and very costly project if I go through with it.
Old 11-22-2004, 08:25 PM   #25
Alerosince99

I really think a cam is a necessity for these heads to see their potential. I'm kinda standing by to see if any of the peeps running large cam projects actually get them to production. Otherwise ill have to crunch some numbers and send in for a regrind.

The goal when I had these heads made were to be altimately for a boosted car. It will be fun to see where they are at for just a big cam. I should have the flow numbers to post pretty soon.