Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 04-06-2005, 04:06 PM   #21
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by aleroguy83@Apr 6 2005, 02:03 PM
i just want to go to the track one night during test and tune and just lay down a 13 in the alero and have people go wow!!!

dude that's what it is all about for me....i feel good when people do that about mike's (sc/alero) car, and it's not even mine, i'm just at the track with him :grin:
Old 04-06-2005, 04:26 PM   #22
aleroguy83

i need to find some time to get off and come and visit some of the alero members. as i have said in the past there are no aleromod members that are that close to me. there is one in clarksville tn i think but not sure. i need to hang out with some people who mod aleros. that would be great. what does scalero run in the 1/4s
Old 04-06-2005, 10:27 PM   #23
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
13s
Old 04-06-2005, 11:15 PM   #24
FutureEcotecOwnerAgain

He aleroguy, im from clarksville tn. and i am modding my alero. what engine do you have so maybe we can compare? ive got the ecotec with wai, header and cat back exhaust. i plan on supercharging sometime. hope to be in the 13's after supercharging.
Old 04-07-2005, 01:42 AM   #25
Fast Eddie
V.I.P. Member

Fast Eddie is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Fast Eddie Send a message via Yahoo to Fast Eddie
injectors from a bravada/envoy are a great replacment for the stockers, its what the SC guys are running. got em off ebay.

As for a tick in the engine, yeah, you should probably get that fixed before boosting or any other strain on the engine. The guys you work with may be dinks but they may be able to help you in that area at least. You may want to checkout this for more info on turbo/supercharging.

I'l throw my $.002 in for what its worth. A turbo is harder to tune properly than a super but will give you greater gains. Also the turbos USED to have a maintainance issues. I only mention this in case you are looking to source an older turbo.
Old 04-07-2005, 10:08 PM   #26
aleroguy83

13's. thats pretty quick for an alero. and about what engine i have, i have the 3.4. but that doesn't matter it would still be cool to hang out some time and talk with someone that doesn't disapprove of aleros. yeah i am definitely going to have to get it fixed. i was thinking about trying to buy another 3.4 motor and doing all the mods to it and then just "dropping" it in. is that even going to be possible? it looks like it would be but i'm just not sure where i should go to get my new engine. i found some on ebay and i have found some here in memphis but just not sure. but first i am going to have to get another car to drive while this happens so that i can keep my second job so that i can have the money to do this. but anyways, i am so ready to start working on this. thanks everyone for all their help.
Old 04-07-2005, 10:15 PM   #27
aleroguy83

what size engine is in the bravada/envoy?
Old 04-07-2005, 10:28 PM   #28
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
* CORRECTED
Envoys/Trailblazers/Suburbans/Tahoes from 99-03 range from 4.2L I6 to a 8.1L V8

Most common from what I've seen is the 4.2 I6 in the Envoys

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 10:33 PM   #29
aleroguy83

so will injectors from a 4.3 l motor work, yes or no? those are the ones i kept finding on ebay. not trying to get off subject since i am the one that started the post but i was just wondering.
Old 04-07-2005, 10:40 PM   #30
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
check this thread and it should have the info you are looking for

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote