Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 06-01-2005, 10:09 PM   #1
alerored04
GLS member

alerored04 is an unknown quantity at this point
i just thought i would post up, i just recently had germ do some performance work on my car, we did p&p heads with ls1 valve springs, p&p upper and lower intakes, and a ported throttle body. i did a pre mod dyno run and will be doing a post mod run as soon as i can to get real numbers up for you guys but let me say wow. the p&p work was top notch i cant even describe how smooth it was. i had germ install it with the help of one of his friends, great workmanship and turnaround time. we started at 6 pm and had the car running by 2 am and that was including down time for germ to p&p my intakes so if you are close enough to minneapolis and need install talk to him there is no one that would be close to competitive for the actual parts or for the install. the car runs awesome, havent had a single problem, and it pulls so much better in every gear, i was very impressed with the difference. overall germ's work exceeded my expectations and if anyone is looking to go the way i did or with more performance than i did either contact him by pm here or better yet check out his performance site, donkey puch performance

hopefully you guys check it out because his work really is second to none and i will be going back to him for anything else he can provide me. oh ya he is a great guy to work with too, he explains stuff if you have questions and is generally focused on getting your car faster for a reasonable price. Thanks Germ.
alerored04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 10:30 PM   #2
Oldsmopimp

awesome! Its people like that, that make things happen. Glad things went well.
Old 06-01-2005, 11:01 PM   #3
King Asoka
V.I.P. Member

King Asoka is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to King Asoka Send a message via MSN to King Asoka
Id come down for a holiday.......
Old 06-01-2005, 11:12 PM   #4
SouthDakotAlero
GL Member

SouthDakotAlero is an unknown quantity at this point
So according to that website its $400 for P&P on the heads and both manifolds? Minnesota is only a hop, skip, and a jump from here.
SouthDakotAlero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 12:55 AM   #5
funky3821

Quote:
Originally posted by SouthDakotAlero@Jun 1 2005, 10:12 PM
So according to that website its $400 for P&P on the heads and both manifolds? Minnesota is only a hop, skip, and a jump from here.

Its $399 for Heads+150 for core, $75 for each intake+75 core each, there is also an Upgraded TB for $75+ $50 core!
All cores charges are refundable when we get your cores!

There is also Install fees if you wish for us to put your engine together for you!

Install pricing is Here
Old 06-02-2005, 08:29 AM   #6
germ

Matt, thanks for the feedback, i cant wait to get your car back up here so we can get your car back on the dyno. and just think matt, this all started with just a simple underdrive pulley i installed for you, hehehe

and along with what funky said, yes there are core charges, but if you come down for the install, we do the work on items when they come off the car and we usually have a set of heads laying around that we will do up before you come for the install and the install prices are the cheapest i know of. and you dont leave until we have it done right.
Old 06-02-2005, 10:11 AM   #7
Fast Eddie
V.I.P. Member

Fast Eddie is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Fast Eddie Send a message via Yahoo to Fast Eddie
Sounds kinda like a jiffy lube for PnP heads lol, Not sure how I feel about "drive thru" head work
Old 06-02-2005, 11:03 AM   #8
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
Hey germ...you have a product logo in mind yet?

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 11:06 AM   #9
germ

the "drive thru" service is just an option for someone that does not want to pay a core and wants to get it installed for a very good price.

we do have cores on hand for the 3100 and 3400 (heads, intakes, tbs, blocks, etc...). so each set of heads are done before the customer would show up for installation. and if the customer doesnt show up, no biggie since we should be able to still sell them.

and as an FYI, its not a jiffy lube, and i do take a little offense to that statement along with the drive thru comment. im sorry i try to gear my products and services for the convienince of the customer rather than my wallet. if that makes me look bad, then i will take it, cause my customers seem to be happy with what and how i offer my products and services. given the opportunity to show you fast eddie, i would think you could change your tune a little.
Old 06-02-2005, 11:19 AM   #10
germ

Quote:
Originally posted by BlackJack@Jun 2 2005, 10:03 AM
Hey germ...you have a product logo in mind yet?

i have a logo in mind, but its from another site, so i am not going to just paste it on my site.....

i am looking for someone to design the forum header and do the logo.

if anyone is good with design and would work for some 3x00 performance parts on a discount, then we could work something out.
Old 06-02-2005, 11:41 AM   #11
jturkey69
V.I.P. Member

jturkey69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to jturkey69
hey germ...sounds like an awesome deal you guys are doing! i have an extra set of heads untouched at the moment, and an extra LIM also untouched, but the upper is cracked. late july early august i will be turboed so i could definatly use better breathing up top. let me know of any updates on prices of install, or price increases.
2005 Nissan Altima SE-R 6spd MODDED! (wifes pocket rocket)
1998 Ford Explorer AWD 5.0...modded, and fun DD

jturkey69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 11:59 AM   #12
germ

we've got some uppers around, so thats not a problem, actually i have a few.

let me guess where your upper is cracked, the closest hole by the water pump? (front passenger corner of the upper intake). if it is, for some reason its common from what i have found. ive had 2 crack right there on me for some reason.

who's doing the turbo setup for you?

there shouldnt be any price increases on the heads, intake, and tb prices. however the turbo stuff may change as things develop but they will stay very close to the advertised price right now.

and also keep an eye out on specials and sales.

once the store opens up, watch for special pricing on select items.
Old 06-02-2005, 12:05 PM   #13
jturkey69
V.I.P. Member

jturkey69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to jturkey69
ill prolly end up doing the turbo myself...its the HP set up, Tom has it waiting on the shelf with my name on it..lol...just have to wait untilmy house sells first.... the crack is actually on the pass side rear toward the firewall.
2005 Nissan Altima SE-R 6spd MODDED! (wifes pocket rocket)
1998 Ford Explorer AWD 5.0...modded, and fun DD

jturkey69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 01:06 PM   #14
germ

the crack on the pass rear by the firewall was a common one on the 3100's i noticed, but not a 3400 yet.

there could be something to this, i would have to look more in depth on it, but it could just be a casting flaw with a week spot.

and good luck with that HP kit, its looks nice and from the 1 person i have heard that has it one, it made decent power.

if you need any help, assistance, or just have general questions, dont hesitate to ask.
Old 06-02-2005, 03:55 PM   #15
Fast Eddie
V.I.P. Member

Fast Eddie is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Fast Eddie Send a message via Yahoo to Fast Eddie
Quote:
Originally posted by germ@Jun 2 2005, 09:06 AM
the "drive thru" service is just an option for someone that does not want to pay a core and wants to get it installed for a very good price.

we do have cores on hand for the 3100 and 3400 (heads, intakes, tbs, blocks, etc...). so each set of heads are done before the customer would show up for installation. and if the customer doesnt show up, no biggie since we should be able to still sell them.

and as an FYI, its not a jiffy lube, and i do take a little offense to that statement along with the drive thru comment. im sorry i try to gear my products and services for the convienince of the customer rather than my wallet. if that makes me look bad, then i will take it, cause my customers seem to be happy with what and how i offer my products and services. given the opportunity to show you fast eddie, i would think you could change your tune a little.

Sorry, It was not my intention to offend . I'm sure you do great work and Its great that you work with your customers, its done to little these days. I just have some concerns about doing some of the detailed, normally time consuming, machine work in a expediated fashion. However, I do realize that a PnP and opening up some manifolds (which would probably not fall into that category) are not nearly as detailed as say volume matching the CCs or a full valve job, which for some reason is what was on my mind.
Old 06-02-2005, 04:31 PM   #16
germ

i would be concerned to if someone was saying they are going to work on the CC and valve seats and what not the same day as pulling them off. its really not possible.

the one thing we like to have ready before the customer shows up for installation is the heads. the intake manifolds and TB takes little time to work on with the correct tools and bits.

we have all heads resurfaced if needed and checked for cracks. we also have them hot bathed and the valve seats checked during the inspection for cracks.

we prefer to keep the stock seats due to the fact they are already seated and wont move 99.9% of the time. when you have new seats installed, you have a 50/50 shot of having a vavle leak at the seat due to the seat settling into the head. if a seat is in good condition, there is no point to remove it and removing it with out it being a bad seat just adds to the cost of the heads. again, we are here to SAVE YOU MONEY, not take all your money.

*on a side note, im sure you didnt mean to offend and i didnt get upset, it was just a little unnerving to have what me and my buddy are doing downgraded to be compared to a drive thru and a jiffy lube. we take the up most pride in what we do and do it to the best of our ability. we are here to make this community faster, stronger, and more reliable and helping everyone save money while we do it. which makes happy customers, and happy customers are what we strive for.
Old 06-02-2005, 09:04 PM   #17
alerored04
GLS member

alerored04 is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah jeremy i cant wait to get the final dyno done either and once again i must say to everyone the more i drive my car now the more i enjoy it jeremy (germ) is a miracle worker and his fast turnaround times in no way affect his workmanship and he stands by his stuff 100% what shop would work from 6 pm til 4 am for you just so they could trouble shoot if need be. im prolly gonna keep posting my praises of his work til i get in trouble for repeating myself i am that happy with it, now i just wish i could afford one of his turbo kits. :P
alerored04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 09:31 AM   #18
germ

turbo turbo turbo....

you should come over soon, i just got her back up and running at 10 psi.....

this sh*ts bananas, B-A-N-A-N-A-S

LOL

soon to be 12
Old 06-04-2005, 10:38 AM   #19
mike2002
GLS member

mike2002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to mike2002
those are some pretty good prices, unfortanatly all my money's going towards moving out right now...

one word of advice, i think the older crowd may frown upon the name "donkey punch performance" which my hurt the buisness. since it is named after my perffered way of beating up my nephew, just some constructive critisism
Old 06-04-2005, 02:48 PM   #20
germ

i surely hope you dont beat up your cousin with a donkey punch. you can go to jail for that, lol.

there are many different meanings of donkey punch. and for ease its already being refered to as DPP.

you will see what i mean with the name when the site is complete and the logo and moto are up and going.