Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > L61 2.2L Ecotec Specific

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-15-2014, 12:47 AM   #1
MiLo
GX Member

MiLo is on a distinguished road
wanna hear a story? Flood Water Sucks!!

So it was raining like crazy 2 days ago we even had flash flood warnings. Lots of places got flooded on my way home from work. Like about 2 miles from my house my dumb ass was following other idiots through flood water and this guy gets stuck right in front of me. So as I try to go around him and this truck is coming my way and splashes even more water my way then I get stuck in the damn flood water. There's maybe 10-12" I'm stuck in. Car shuts down, so I wait maybe 10 minutes tops as this guy in a pickup truck helps push my car out of the water. I wait till it stops raining but by that time there is a little seepage on the front carpet and the car wont start (I'm talking 3 f#@k!n hours Heavy Rain). So I get it towed to my house, let it sit over night. In the morning i knew the car wouldn't start cuz the water got in everything, so I went and got new oil new air filter and oil filter. Did the oil change and there was literally so much water in the engine it took 2 full oil pans to drain. the 1st pan was all water. the 2nd was a lil more water then the oil started coming out. Mind you, it took at least 3 seconds to dump the pan and put it back to catch the rest of the shit coming out the engine (didn't expect it to be sooo much water). After the oil change I checked the air filter and sure enough, that sh!t was water logged. Got that drained and dried then checked the tubing to the throttle body. That sh!t had water. The box on top of the throttle body had water so I drained and dried that. From the lever of the throttle body to the top had water all on there so I can imagine what's inside there. I didn't even mess with the car after that. So I let the car sit today and tried starting it when I got out of work. Lights work, No Crank, No Start, but I hear the clicking when I turn the key. What else should I do before I consider replacing the starter? Is it possible the spark plugs need to be replaced? Someone please give me good news before they tell me to junk my car.. lbvs.
JVC kw-hdr720 Double Din Head Unit
Polk Audio DXi691 Coaxial & DXi461 Plate Speakers
White/Glossified Plasti-Dipped OEM 15" Rims
Red Painted Brake Calipers & Drums
CarDomain home page is pretty much before pix.
The after pix haven't been taken yet... Still under construction

Last edited by MiLo : 05-15-2014 at 12:51 AM.
MiLo is offline   Reply With Quote