Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 09-13-2005, 09:25 PM   #1
germ

here's the mods....

3100 block, stock
3400 heads ("race" port, LS6 yellow springs)
3400 lower intake, ported and polished
3400 upper intake, stock
3400 TB, polished and knife edged
Level 3 turbo kit, tuned down to 9 psi
3" full exhaust
Custom PCM programing

here are the results.....

260 wheel horsepower
256 wheel torque

which equates to...

~312 crank horsepower
~307 crank torque

stock numbers are (if i remember them right, lol)

160 crank horsepower
175 crank torque

whats this mean????

150+ hp increase and 130+ tq increase!

im pretty stoked about the #'s. the goal is 300 wheel hp at 12psi, i think this is a good start.

during the dyno runs i did notice 3* of kr around 5500 rpms which is where the power leveled off. im sure there are a few more hidden ponies in the setup
Old 09-13-2005, 09:51 PM   #2
gxryan

lol wow I wish i coulda pulled that kinda power outta my old

thats awesome though
congrats
Old 09-13-2005, 09:54 PM   #3
-Alero-
GLS member

-Alero- is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to -Alero-
darn so close form doubling in hp

thats seriously awsome. is that with those log style headers too?
Old 09-13-2005, 10:01 PM   #4
Vtolds
H&B Shipping Agent

Vtolds is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Vtolds
Good numbers ^I doubt he has headers, a better bet would be asking what kind of turbo manifolds if he isnt just running the stock manifolds.
Vtolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 10:03 PM   #5
germ

yea, i am using my turbo log "headers" that i make.
Old 09-13-2005, 10:08 PM   #6
alerored04
GLS member

alerored04 is an unknown quantity at this point
hey jermey, was that matts car? that is some impressive stuff. great work man.
alerored04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 10:08 PM   #7
Travis99Alero

nice numbers...that car has to surprise a lot of people.
Old 09-13-2005, 10:10 PM   #8
germ

Quote:
Originally posted by alerored04@Sep 13 2005, 09:08 PM
hey jermey, was that matts car? that is some impressive stuff. great work man.

no man, this is my car, lol

matts car is about to go under the knife in the next few weeks.

you need to get back down here and hit the dyno too
Old 09-13-2005, 10:47 PM   #9
alerored04
GLS member

alerored04 is an unknown quantity at this point
i know i need to get down there but stuff is pretty busy up here, i thought you had a 3400 though, i must just not pay enough attention. im so jealous, and dont tell me that i should try to find the money cause then we get to worry about the tranny even if i can save enough for the turbo. nice work though
alerored04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 11:34 PM   #10
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
its okay, from all the poop you talk i was seriously expecting higher number than that......
Old 09-14-2005, 06:49 AM   #11
germ

Quote:
Originally posted by turbo-alero@Sep 13 2005, 10:34 PM
its okay, from all the poop you talk i was seriously expecting higher number than that......

:Noooo:

and from all the poop you talk, i would expect you to have a turbo on your car already.

you must have missed the fact that i dyno'd at 9 psi instead of the 12 i normally run.

im still working the freak bugs out of the current setup (i just switched turbo's a week or so ago) and trying to tune it during the 2 days of no rain we have had in the past 2 weeks.
Old 09-14-2005, 09:41 AM   #12
Alerosince99

Nice numbers Germ. What did you think of Elite. Last time I dynoed there I had a good experience. Very good service.

Those numbers should put you well in the 13s with some traction. At 12# you should be in or close to 12's
Old 09-14-2005, 09:48 AM   #13
germ

Elite Autosports is awesome

ive been there a few times with buddies and customers to dyno their cars and i have always had a good experience.

i wont be going anywhere else thats for sure. they are only 2 blocks from the garage, lol.
Old 09-14-2005, 10:02 AM   #14
Alerosince99

Oh...I didn't realize the garage was right there.

Thats very convenient for you!

I'll be switching cars real soon. More than likely gonna have to sell the camaro so I can buy a house. I'll be pming you soon once I start driving the Alero again.
Old 09-14-2005, 10:11 AM   #15
germ

sounds good man, just let me know.

and yes, its very nice to have a dyno 2 blocks away. they are reasonable on their pricing, so thats a plus.
Old 09-14-2005, 01:12 PM   #16
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by germ+Sep 14 2005, 04:49 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(germ @ Sep 14 2005, 04:49 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-turbo-alero@Sep 13 2005, 10:34 PM

:Noooo:

and from all the poop you talk, i would expect you to have a turbo on your car already.

you must have missed the fact that i dyno'd at 9 psi instead of the 12 i normally run.

im still working the freak bugs out of the current setup (i just switched turbo's a week or so ago) and trying to tune it during the 2 days of no rain we have had in the past 2 weeks.
[/b][/quote]

No, i didn't miss that

first off, i've never really argued with you it was mostly sc/alero and springs, but whatever........

secondly, i'm basing on the fact that the hp turbo kit, was 264hp and 284lb/ft of torque at the wheels at what?

9 psi

so as much as you talk up your car and business i was expecting more like in the 270-290 range........
Old 09-14-2005, 01:14 PM   #17
kwhauck
2Screwy

oh yeah and a good setup is gonna take time......

i'm a college student with limited funds,

i'm gonna take care of the tranny swap first, build the engine, and then turbo it, but who know that could take another 2-3 years........but it is worth it to build it right the first time........
Old 09-14-2005, 01:27 PM   #18
germ

first off turbo-alero, you must have missed another part....

they have the 3400 and i have the 3100 block, that right there is 20 more crank hp, so another 15-18 wheel hp and about the same for tq.

so that would put me at about 278whp, and 274 wtq. so thats right about where YOU thought i would be.

so hmmm, it appears that on 9 psi w/ a 3100 i am making damn near the same power as they did with 3400 setup at 8psi.

oh, did i mention its about $1,300 LESS than the HP kit?
Old 09-14-2005, 01:30 PM   #19
germ

oh, and one other thing...

when i get the 3400 block back in and the boost back to 12+ psi, you'll see MUCH higher #'s
Old 09-14-2005, 01:50 PM   #20
kwhauck
2Screwy

Quote:
Originally posted by germ@Sep 14 2005, 11:27 AM
so hmmm, it appears that on 9 psi w/ a 3100 i am making damn near the same power as they did with 3400 setup at 8psi.

uh i wouldn't call 260 whp damn near 264whp, close maybe, but not damn near, and i definately wouldn't call 256 lb/ft damn near 284lb/ft, it like not even the in same ballpark..........

so i don't see what you are trying to say, if you are saying that once you get the 3400 in you will get closer number well that is different then, because it will be 3400 vs. 3400,

and as far as the HP turbo kit, as far as i know they aren't even productin the kit any more, but i got some of their goodies.... :heehee:

oh and yeah i'm building the rest of the kit myself so it will be just as cheap or cheaper than your $2100