Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 06-05-2006, 08:18 AM   #1
Decka

I'm looking at getting duel exhaust in the future and while a lot of you guys have said that the single cutout is not noticeable with duels.. I'm looking for a look kinda similar to that of the Grand Prix GTP.

I've been thinking about two solutions:
-Have a guy I know who does body work cut a larger cutout to fit my exhaust tip in there on the driver's side and match it on the passenger's.

-Use a Razzi rear bumper while leaving the rest stock.

Now I did up a chop to see how a I'm planning the car (using the Razzi rear bumper) and while it my look good in the chop, I'm curious as to how it may look in person.
Does the actual bumper have lower ground effects that won't blend well with the stock body.

Comments/Suggestions?
Old 06-05-2006, 08:36 AM   #2
doubleN0alero
They call me 8 point!!

doubleN0alero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to doubleN0alero Send a message via Yahoo to doubleN0alero
i would personally just go with cutting the factory bumper, i think it will mess up the lines of the car by only putting on the rear bumper...something to me and this is only my own opinion, would just look out of place
Old 06-05-2006, 08:49 AM   #3
bnight04
GLS member

bnight04 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to bnight04
I cut mine out and I think it looks fine. Plus you save a couple bills for other stuff.
Old 06-05-2006, 09:37 AM   #4
AlbinoMonkeyRat
Let's Play Army!

AlbinoMonkeyRat is on a distinguished road
I got mine cut and it looks just fine.

and if I remember correctly, the Razzi makes a 2-inch "drop" in the back, so it would definitely look out of place without the entire kit.
RIP to my Alero @ 112000 miles. COD: thrown rod. TOD: 430pm, Dec19, 2011.
AlbinoMonkeyRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 11:27 AM   #5
Decka

Quote:
Originally posted by AlbinoMonkeyRat@Jun 5 2006, 08:37 AM
and if I remember correctly, the Razzi makes a 2-inch "drop" in the back, so it would definitely look out of place without the entire kit.
That's what I was wondering.. Thanks guys, I'l just have the existing bumper cut.

By the way.. I went down to my local exhaust shop.. had them look at it for the future install and while I was there had them remove the resonator. Unless floored, I can't tell the difference so.. I'm thinking by the summer's end I might get the custom exhaust done.
Old 06-05-2006, 12:29 PM   #6
Spilner521
Boost Guru

Spilner521 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Spilner521
Yeah just get the stock rear cut. And good call on removing the stock resonator. You ever seen the inside of that thing?? Restrictive as hell...

When you get the new exhaust done, obviously you'll get the best results by adding a header/headers (not sure which engine you have) but if that's out of your budget, get the exhaust made from the manifold back. The stock downpipe is pretty restrictive itself, and also add a high flow cat that's the same size as your piping.
Old 06-05-2006, 12:56 PM   #7
Decka

I have the 3400 V6 in my car.. for now I'm planning on doing a custom exahust routed form the cat (either flowmaster 80 series or Spintech Sportsman Split Case). I haven't decided on 2.5" or 2.25" piping, I had 2.25" on my achviea with duel super 40s and that was pretty loud. That exhaust shop won't replace the cat with a highflow cat unless the current one is damaged so I'll have to either look for another place or think of ideas how to damnage the thing :heehee: . As for headers, that the money issue.. so that's up in the air.. I'll probably get my suspension (strust/springs) done before that.
Old 06-05-2006, 12:58 PM   #8
doubleN0alero
They call me 8 point!!

doubleN0alero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to doubleN0alero Send a message via Yahoo to doubleN0alero
take a saw and cut the thing out yourself and say it was stolen...it sounds goofy, but its actually been happening alot lately down here....for some reason people are stealing cats and not the kid that say meow
Old 06-06-2006, 05:36 PM   #9
Coldfire
GL Member

Coldfire is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah definately go with a cutout, a lower rear bumper with stock sides/front would look odd IMO
Coldfire is offline   Reply With Quote