Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 08-30-2015, 02:16 PM   #1
Netuddki
GX Member

Netuddki is on a distinguished road
Strange things with transmission and stuff

Sorry for the title, but the problem is so complex, I couldn't decide what to write.

Anyway, to the problem:

I installed DRL LEDs today and I took power from the fuse box under the hood with a fuse splitter. I used #47 which is Air Vent, Lambda Probe and Exhaust System.

After about 60 kilometers (37 miles) My "TRAC OFF" lamp came on. After a while I sped up and it was gone for a few minutes, then it lit up again and stayed on.

I was driving on a high way.

After a few minutes I had to drive off the high way and when I came to stop at the red light. When it became green I gave gas, but my RPM went down and the motor stopped. I had to restart.

After that Every time I was in Neutral (I think) and had to speed up, the RPM went down instead of UP.

After a few times the motor lamp (the orange light with the symbol of a motor) lit up.

I had no problem with the falling RPM anymore, but now my car started to bump whenever it switched gear.

Like when you switch wrong gear or so.

Is it possible that it was caused with the fuse being used? Because I had a problem before with using the ABS and emergency brake fuse.

When I used it, the ABS and Brake light went on and wouldn't go away.
When I put back the original fuse and took out the splitter, it was everything fine.

Last edited by Netuddki : 08-30-2015 at 02:41 PM.
Netuddki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 04:41 PM   #2
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
I would suggest stop using the fuse, clear codes. And see if everything is normal, then go from there.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 05:07 PM   #3
Netuddki
GX Member

Thanks Sleepy!

So you think it's possible that it was caused by the fuse?
I of course changed everything back to original.
I took off the battery for the night. I hope that will reset everything and my car is not damaged.

I will report back tomorrow if it disappeared.
Old 08-31-2015, 11:26 AM   #4
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Yeah, there is plently of "hot with key" fuses to tap into. I would never mess with an ABS fuse

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 12:20 PM   #5
Netuddki
GX Member

Ok, everything is all right now! It was a small hose damaged under the air intake. Now my car runs as smooth as a cat again. Even the steering and switching gear became smoother.

It seems that it was an unlucky coincidence that it broke the same time as I installed the DRL.

None the less I will find another way (or a less dangerous fuse) to power my DRL.
Old 08-31-2015, 11:39 PM   #6
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Good to hear!
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote