Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > Aleromod.com Showcase

Old 10-14-2008, 09:56 AM   #61
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
it's there, little red subtext

These superchargers live on methanol. To physically intercool, you'd have to hack up the intake manifold and put one built into it, like how the MP62 one is. For all that effort it'd be better to use a bigger supercharger while you're at it. A couple on j-body are working on things like that. I'm supposed to be.. someone has remote mounted an M90 supercharger and FMIC'd it.

why? the 45 has an intake tube right? you just run an intercooler before that, just like the 62 setup that i used to run.....i really don't see it being that hard.......
Old 10-14-2008, 10:00 AM   #62
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
edit, i just looked at some pics of your setup, HOLY SHIT!!! it would be so easy to intercool your setup vs the 62, just because of where the intake tube is, MAN!!! so easy, seriously, i guarantee, i could do it for less than $500.......
Old 10-14-2008, 10:03 AM   #63
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
The MP45 is built right into the manifold... the piping you see there is my air intake piping, which is before the supercharger, not an outlet.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 10:08 AM   #64
kwhauck
2Screwy

oh shit, NM.....damn.......hmmmm so a build in is your only option, that sucks for you.....
Old 10-14-2008, 10:10 AM   #65
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
I planned on making an FMIC capable one.. I have an MP62, an intake manifold flange, as well as an "MP45 hacked off" manifold where I could weld up an intake plenum that piping from an intercooler could strap to.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:07 PM   #66
kwhauck
2Screwy

screw air to air, you need to concentrate on air-to-water, they are much more effecient.....
Old 11-14-2008, 02:22 AM   #67
darksobsession
GL Member

darksobsession is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to darksobsession
your car is DOPE!

sigs are annoying
darksobsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 08:21 AM   #68
black00gt1
GX Member

black00gt1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to black00gt1
need some motor shots meng
black00gt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 08:46 AM   #69
[ion] C2
636 whp

http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showp...4&postcount=45
I've got a carbon fiber coolant reservoir now though, and the new engine goes in next week, so it'll be a lot cleaner, will get some real shots when it's all detailed. I'm more interested in the track times next week.
Old 11-14-2008, 09:51 AM   #70
Justin081
V.I.P. Member

Justin081 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Justin081
woohoo finally getting the new engine put in. can't wait to see what your times at the track are.

Justin081 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 10:15 AM   #71
[ion] C2
636 whp

Yep I'll be making a sweet video of the runs along with the burnouts.

This year, mid 13s, 250HP.
Next year, 12s, 350HP. Possibly before ASS if all goes well...

Old 11-14-2008, 06:38 PM   #72
kwhauck
2Screwy

i'll think you will find it a lot harder to get into the 12s than you think, meth injection really doesn't help that much, and you better be looking into some DRs and some kind of stiffer suspension for lauching, or some spring pucks just for the track........
Old 11-14-2008, 06:44 PM   #73
[ion] C2
636 whp

I figured you'd say something like that. I heard about your experiences with it meth on GAGT. It does a lot on this setup, even though it didn't work out well for you. Meth is just to chill things out and allow for a lot more expandability with tuning. Remember, I don't have a physical intercooler.

My tires are fine. BFGoodrich KDWs are nice.

Meth is not, whatsoever, what will "get me into the 12s" as you for some reason think. You'll see what happens.
Old 11-15-2008, 02:37 AM   #74
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
KDWs may be nice, but a set of 15s with wrinkle-wall M/Ts are where it's at for the track.
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 10:22 AM   #75
[ion] C2
636 whp

bye trans
Old 11-17-2008, 10:15 PM   #76
kwhauck
2Screwy

i thought it worked pretty well, just that an actual liquid to air intercooler was a better option after while.....and you better beef the trans up anyways....
Old 11-17-2008, 10:37 PM   #77
mfuller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff8928 View Post
KDWs may be nice, but a set of 15s with wrinkle-wall M/Ts are where it's at for the track.
KDW's are alright, but they're still street tires. You'll want drag radials (at least) to get decent traction.
In the same vain, I know I'll never run as fast as my setup is capable of, since I will be doing it on street tires. Very sticky street tires (Dunlop Dirrezza Sport Z1 Star Specs) - but still street tires.

The pictures are very nice though, Chris.
Old 11-18-2008, 09:28 AM   #78
kwhauck
2Screwy

what kind of width you gonna run matt?