Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > Aleromod.com Showcase

Old 01-17-2009, 01:40 AM   #1
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
VIDEO: Dyno

http://www.fquick.com/videos/Dyno__S...ged_Alero/7902

I put down a whopping 165whp in 2nd gear.

Clearly, inaccurate. Got some good footage though. My tuner failed to show up. My fueling is still off (only made one pass of tuning on the street) and spark is stock. Still lots of power to be had.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 01:46 AM   #2
jrim
GL Member

jrim is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to jrim
Damn, never seen an engine shake like that

Cool Sucks that it wasn't right though, hope you didn;'t pay too much for that
jrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 02:24 AM   #3
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Ya, need to fill the trans mount with urethane. I bought the wrong stuff back when everything was apart, but I can get to it. Stock mounts allow for some movement.
Old 01-17-2009, 02:39 AM   #4
Midgear
on vacation

Midgear is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Midgear Send a message via Yahoo to Midgear
that supercharger sounds bad ass lol

that's 10.1 psi, and only 160 somethin horses? was the dyno broken? and what the hell is up with that 1st to 2nd shift?

Midgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 02:42 AM   #5
AbHeLlRaZoR
Canada's Ghost

AbHeLlRaZoR is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up, too bad your tuner didn't show up though.
Old 01-17-2009, 02:47 AM   #6
[ion] C2
636 whp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midgear View Post
that's 10.1 psi, and only 160 somethin horses? was the dyno broken? and what the hell is up with that 1st to 2nd shift?

Ahahaha. Jan's dyno tends to read 80whp lower than another local Mustang dyno (and Mustang dynos read lower than Dynojets). It was comical. This is why it's notoriously known as the "heartbreaker" dyno. I was like "excuse me as I go shoot myself." Should be somewhere around 230-240whp.

Jan was driving.. liability, wouldn't let me drive. I was in the passenger seat monitoring the laptop and enabling the torque converter clutch and trying to lock the car into a certain gear. We couldn't get it to lock into 3rd and the temps of everything said it was a bad idea to do a 78-105 pull (IAT 170, coolant 220, etc. it was hot) He let off or something between shifts. Only saw a peak of 7 PSI there.

Went out on the street with my friend and saw 10. Also shocked him how quick it was. I tried to do a 0-60, still, way too cold to do, zero traction. Lost traction on the 1-2 shift every time too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbHeLlRaZoR View Post
Thumbs up, too bad your tuner didn't show up though.
Ya, we'll be doing stuff on the street. I'll fuel tune tomorrow, and meet up with my tuner sometime next week. Next stop, the track. Or Monkey Wrench Racing's dyno (friend dyno'd at 380whp and lost to a stock SRT-4) LOL. So inconsistent...
Old 01-17-2009, 08:41 AM   #7
jrim
GL Member

jrim is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to jrim
Again, cool

Hope you get your shit figured out soon bro, it's a shame to have all that power but not bein able to use it properly :P
jrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 10:06 AM   #8
99alerogirl
Female.

99alerogirl will become famous soon enough
Wow that's awesome. Honestly never heard a supercharged engine full out like that... I need to get me one of those... haha.
99alerogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 10:12 AM   #9
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99alerogirl View Post
Wow that's awesome. Honestly never heard a supercharged engine full out like that... I need to get me one of those... haha.

you have the 3400... save yourself the hassles and get a turbo.

look up blackjack's threads and/or video. you'll love those more.
Old 01-17-2009, 10:25 AM   #10
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrington17 View Post
you have the 3400... save yourself the hassles and get a turbo.

look up blackjack's threads and/or video. you'll love those more.

3400 can be sc'ed only problem is the superchargers are hard as hell to come by, very expensive to get and then even more so to install, and wont put down the power like a turbo, chris is right, sc' is not the way to go on a 3400 but if you get a sc'ed 2.2 then you have potential, but i would go turbo, also more power/output than a sc...
Old 01-17-2009, 10:31 AM   #11
99alerogirl
Female.

99alerogirl will become famous soon enough
I was just saying that, I don't, nor am I going to anytime in the near future, have that kinda money haha. And I would go turbo anyways, but again... lack of funds

But ion's sounds mighty nice!
99alerogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 10:33 AM   #12
[ion] C2
636 whp

Lol ya. This can work out for me. I can tell people it only put down 165whp, and then blow them away and make some money!
Old 01-17-2009, 11:41 AM   #13
01OldsAleroGt
GLS member

01OldsAleroGt is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to 01OldsAleroGt Send a message via MSN to 01OldsAleroGt Send a message via Yahoo to 01OldsAleroGt
Old 01-17-2009, 01:50 PM   #14
[ion] C2
636 whp

If I use the conversion numbers from a guy on j-body's heartbreaker Mustang AWD dyno results, seems a bit better.

The dyno I was on reads like 14% lower than the local Mustang dyno which reads about 20% lower than a DynoJet, which would make my numbers 226whp. Assuming 18% drivetrain loss that's like 266bhp.

And then factoring in that it was done in 2nd gear instead of 3rd... that adds a bit more.
Old 01-17-2009, 02:18 PM   #15
Vinalero
GLS member

Vinalero is on a distinguished road
Damn that tuning must be WAY off lol

Will you finally tune it already? lol
2 door 2000 Black GX With a stick: M45 eaton supercharger - Quad4's 57mm Throttle body - Custom WAI - KYB GR-2 struts - CM Lowering springs - Front and rear strut tower brace - R1 concept zinc plated drilled/slotted rotors with semi-metallic pads - short shifter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alerosaint View Post
the #6 bolt torque..its impossible to get...unless I use telekenesis
Vinalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 02:21 PM   #16
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
screw dyno numbers, I want spring and summer to be here for track times!!!
Old 01-17-2009, 02:29 PM   #17
[ion] C2
636 whp

me too! i just wanted the video footage. lol
Old 01-17-2009, 05:17 PM   #18
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Sounds great. I though the engine was going to jump out of the bay

Get it tuned and have fun

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 05:48 PM   #19
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
Nice and ken.....thats a funny ass avatar. Cardinals ftw
Old 01-17-2009, 07:20 PM   #20
rustyballs_69
Its Beer Thirty

rustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to rustyballs_69
Quote:
Originally Posted by billytheman1188 View Post
Nice and ken.....thats a funny ass avatar. Cardinals ftw

Thats funny Billy, I was gonna wait till the Cardinals kicked the Eagles ass before I said anything about his avatar.
rustyballs_69 is offline   Reply With Quote