Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > Aleromod.com Showcase

Old 01-17-2009, 07:45 PM   #21
Beholder88
GL Member

Beholder88 is on a distinguished road
Steelers All The Way!!!! Time To Get The Six Pack!!!!!
Old 01-17-2009, 07:46 PM   #22
TheEdgeofSanity
GLS member

TheEdgeofSanity is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to TheEdgeofSanity
lolz, so how'd the 1/4runs turn out?

TheEdgeofSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 08:29 PM   #23
KenshinZero
GLS member

KenshinZero is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99alerogirl View Post
Wow that's awesome. Honestly never heard a supercharged engine full out like that... I need to get me one of those... haha.

there it goes, your hooked, there is no denying it now. lol
KenshinZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 10:57 PM   #24
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEdgeofSanity View Post
lolz, so how'd the 1/4runs turn out?
it's based off the HP, said i'd run a 15.7 I ran a 14.8 with less than half the boost and mods.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 03:34 AM   #25
Vinalero
GLS member

Vinalero is on a distinguished road
Hell I ran 15.7 with only the supercharger kit and no other engine mod, Ion, you are wasting cash
2 door 2000 Black GX With a stick: M45 eaton supercharger - Quad4's 57mm Throttle body - Custom WAI - KYB GR-2 struts - CM Lowering springs - Front and rear strut tower brace - R1 concept zinc plated drilled/slotted rotors with semi-metallic pads - short shifter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alerosaint View Post
the #6 bolt torque..its impossible to get...unless I use telekenesis
Vinalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 03:59 PM   #26
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
i ran a 15.7 with just a muffler and CAI.....
Old 01-20-2009, 10:41 AM   #27
speed industry
GX Member

speed industry is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
Ahahaha. Jan's dyno tends to read 80whp lower than another local Mustang dyno (and Mustang dynos read lower than Dynojets). It was comical. This is why it's notoriously known as the "heartbreaker" dyno. I was like "excuse me as I go shoot myself." Should be somewhere around 230-240whp.

Ok Chris..need to clarify.. my dyno does not 'read' 80 whp low. We had one car test down in Ohio on a newer model Mustang dyno @ 400awhp.. a week later on my dyno he tested @ 360awhp. So based on a sample of one..that's 10%.

Friday on the dyno you were only boosting at 7 Psig, heat soaked plenum.. IAT and ECT were high.. so it made what it made.

It does not at all surprise me that it was boosting higher on the street because ambient air temps outside on Friday evening were damn near zero F.

The only last unknown variable is actual engine RPM.. because of your auto trans, and lack of ignition pick up accessibility.. we had to roll-match the dyno with the torque converter supposedly locked via your tuning software.. if there was slippage in the trans.. the RPM the dyno was seeing could have been inaccurate.

Overall I'm not too surprised at 165 whp on a low compression 2.4L with the charger blowing hot air at 7Psig.. a typical 02 WRX puts down around 150awhp from a small stock turbo.. you're a bit up on one of those.. you could always find a stock WRX to race to see who wins?
speed industry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 10:42 AM   #28
speed industry
GX Member

speed industry is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
it's based off the HP, said i'd run a 15.7 I ran a 14.8 with less than half the boost and mods.

It's not based off the HP.. it's based off measured distance vs. time

I said 'based on the whp.. the 15.7 didn't surprise me'
speed industry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 11:13 AM   #29
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Fail. Maybe it was accurate.. when I was heatsoaked at the track a year and a half ago I ran a 16.0. When I went back and it was cold out, 14.8. But people with less done than me put down 200-210whp.. hell one guy put down 215whp with the stock s/c pulley

It definitely doesn't run 15.7 though, ha. By the time the tracks open I'll be on an intercooled MP62 setup though, just to make sure it's decently quick.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:32 AM   #30
rowdygls
V.I.P. Member

rowdygls is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to rowdygls Send a message via MSN to rowdygls Send a message via Yahoo to rowdygls
I think you'll pull a higher number with some good tuning, but it seems low for a starting point for the work you have done. I started at a similar boring base number but after tuning ended at about 200 but on a different motor and s/c.

Chapter Member
rowdygls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 12:22 PM   #31
Vinalero
GLS member

Anyone can Explain to me why in the kit they place the IAT INSIDE THE DAMN SUPERCHARGER??!

Could they have placed it on the air intake tube? Does it really matter that much?
2 door 2000 Black GX With a stick: M45 eaton supercharger - Quad4's 57mm Throttle body - Custom WAI - KYB GR-2 struts - CM Lowering springs - Front and rear strut tower brace - R1 concept zinc plated drilled/slotted rotors with semi-metallic pads - short shifter.

Quote:
Old 01-20-2009, 12:26 PM   #32
[ion] C2
636 whp

Um you want the IAT sensor to read the actual air temperature that's entering the engine. Relocating the sensor doesn't change the temperature of the air that goes in, and with an inaccurate reading things will be unsafe.
Old 01-20-2009, 12:40 PM   #33
Beholder88
GL Member

As I recall, the IAT is supposed to be as close the the TB as possible, right?
Old 01-20-2009, 12:41 PM   #34
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
IAT sensor mounted in the intake manifold works best, in my opinion ( for the 3400 V6). With a remote mount intercooler, and scoop directing air to the IM, especially, it is better to track IAT close to what actually goes into the LIM.
Old 01-20-2009, 12:43 PM   #35
Beholder88
GL Member

I've seen IAT's directly mounted to the Plenum, right after the TB, does that make sense?
Old 01-20-2009, 01:24 PM   #36
Vinalero
GLS member

Well, IMO the IAT could be really closer to the TB.

The way this kit is made, of course the Intake manifold is hot as hell. Hes right behind the rad, and the way the Alero Front end is made, not much air can enter directly near it.

I guess later I should make some hood scoop on the very beginning of the hood.

Quote:
Old 01-20-2009, 05:13 PM   #37
Spilner521
Boost Guru

Spilner521 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Spilner521
^^I know what you're thinking, but it doesn't work that way. It's an Intake Air Temperature sensor, not a Manifold Surface Temperature sensor. Does the hot surface of the manifold affect the sensor? Maybe a little, but I don't think it would be a measureable amount since the actual sensor itself protrudes into the manifold into the air.

Ideally you want that sensor as close to the intake ports as you can get so that it gives the most accurate reading of the air entering the cylinders.
Old 01-20-2009, 05:19 PM   #38
[ion] C2
636 whp

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed industry View Post
We had one car test down in Ohio on a newer model Mustang dyno @ 400awhp.. a week later on my dyno he tested @ 360awhp. So based on a sample of one..that's 10%.

So if we add 10% to match that Mustang dyno, and then 14% to get it up to what a DynoJet would say, it'd be 206whp. lol
Old 01-20-2009, 05:24 PM   #39
Vinalero
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spilner521 View Post
I know what you're thinking, but it doesn't work that way. It's an Intake Air Temperature sensor, not a Manifold Surface Temperature sensor. Does the hot surface of the manifold affect the sensor? Maybe a little, but I don't think it would be a measureable amount since the actual sensor itself protrudes into the manifold into the air.

Ideally you want that sensor as close to the intake ports as you can get so that it gives the most accurate reading of the air entering the cylinders.

Yeah I understand your point Spliner.

I was just telling that a hot manifold probly warms the air inside of it.

And since alero's doesnt have a top front opening below the hood, the intake isnt cooled down by outside air.

That would also answer the fact that since winter started, it seems like my supercharger is boosting a lot more than before.

Quote:
Old 01-20-2009, 05:30 PM   #40
Spilner521
Boost Guru

Spilner521 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Spilner521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinalero View Post
I was just telling that a hot manifold probly warms the air inside of it.
Again, it might affect the air temperature a little, but the air is moving so fast through the manifold, especially with boost, that it would have little to no measureable difference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinalero View Post
That would also answer the fact that since winter started, it seems like my supercharger is boosting a lot more than before.
The cold outside air would cause that, not just a colder manifold.