Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > Aleromod.com Showcase

Old 12-29-2012, 05:14 PM   #21
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhubbz View Post
Nice! I want the same set up except h&r springs. Got a part number for the moog mounts?

I thought about h&r but eh...

Part numbers.

Front: K6520
Rear: K6519

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw0123 View Post
Lol good choice!! It's what I'm hoping to have on by spring... only thing missing is the mounts which Nate is helping me with! Then my eibach's go to mike the canadian for his bu

Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:29 PM   #22
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiwnath View Post
Damn thats lookin good. You need bigger brakes though.. They look so tiny and insignificant with those wheels lol.

I think these will compliment nicely in the front with a little light blue/black repaint... couple weeks...

Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
Old 12-29-2012, 10:04 PM   #23
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
Matts setup! Your crazy
Old 12-29-2012, 10:43 PM   #24
sleepyalero
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXManwhoreXx View Post
Matts setup! Your crazy

Far from it.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-30-2012, 10:03 AM   #25
JLw7123
i speed up for corners

JLw7123 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to JLw7123 Send a message via Yahoo to JLw7123 Send a message via Skype™ to JLw7123
Damn sleepy car looks great. Man makes me miss my black alero. I think the black alero looks the best but that is just me.
1999 auburn mist metallic gls sedan R.I.P
2005 Subaru legacy 2.5i 190k. New rims and tires for summer.
JLw7123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:10 AM   #26
04PONTIACGA
GL Member

04PONTIACGA is on a distinguished road
Not one thing I dislike about this car. The new brakes would look great once you get them.

Are you just getting the fronts, or rear too? If your getting tears also, what would you want for the calipers, and brackets? I'm still sporting drums on the back of mine.
04PONTIACGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:48 AM   #27
sleepyalero
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLw7123 View Post
Damn sleepy car looks great. Man makes me miss my black alero. I think the black alero looks the best but that is just me.

I'd have to agree black is my favorite color alero.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04PONTIACGA View Post
Not one thing I dislike about this car. The new brakes would look great once you get them.

Are you just getting the fronts, or rear too? If your getting tears also, what would you want for the calipers, and brackets? I'm still sporting drums on the back of mine.

Baer did not make a rear kit, so it's just fronts. As for my stock setup, they are painted light blue.. And idk if I will let them go because these new rotors are 2" bigger then stock, and if I ever need to put my 16" winter wheels on ill have to swap my brakes out because the 16s won't clear the new brakes. but I might.... Let me think about it...

New calipers are fairly cheap at an auto store though, I've replaced both fronts at one time because the slides were shot.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-30-2012, 11:37 AM   #28
04PONTIACGA
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyalero View Post
I'd have to agree black is my favorite color alero.

Baer did not make a rear kit, so it's just fronts. As for my stock setup, they are painted light blue.. And idk if I will let them go because these new rotors are 2" bigger then stock, and if I ever need to put my 16" winter wheels on ill have to swap my brakes out because the 16s won't clear the new brakes. but I might.... Let me think about it...

New calipers are fairly cheap at an auto store though, I've replaced both fronts at one time because the slides were shot.

I thought about raiding a camaro at the local j/y to get the setup off of there, and just rebuilding the calipers. It's like $4 for the piston seals. Then I'll take them to work and get them powdercoated, but I dunno still haven't decided yet. I just need discs on the rear. My spring retainer broke of my backing plate, so I had to weld it on. I didn't wanna waste money on a new one when I would be getting discs anyway.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:38 PM   #29
sleepyalero
GLS member

Quote:
I thought about raiding a camaro at the local j/y to get the setup off of there, and just rebuilding the calipers. It's like $4 for the piston seals. Then I'll take them to work and get them powdercoated, but I dunno still haven't decided yet. I just need discs on the rear. My spring retainer broke of my backing plate, so I had to weld it on. I didn't wanna waste money on a new one when I would be getting discs anyway.

Yeah I'll either leave the back stock or replace with camaro or Gxp rear, probably leave them stock.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-30-2012, 01:59 PM   #30
jawa
Powered by LX9

jawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to jawa
Quote:

i have the camaro set up on my alero so much better over stock much better stopping power with dual pistons on each caliper and you wont go through wapred roters as fast lol, you do have to have 16 inch wheels though

jawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 02:21 PM   #31
04PONTIACGA
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawa View Post
i have the camaro set up on my alero so much better over stock much better stopping power with dual pistons on each caliper and you wont go through wapred roters as fast lol, you do have to have 16 inch wheels though

Ya, I'll be fine my stockers a 16". I also have to get spindles off a GA/Alero, and a few other things to convert.
Old 12-30-2012, 03:42 PM   #32
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

XanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to XanderWiFi
That looks perfect man...absolutely spectacular. And they put everything in correctly? lol. Where did you have it done at where they have that nice open space.

I have the AGX and H&R Springs with KYB mounts, but I don't think mine is dropped as far as yours.
Old 12-30-2012, 04:18 PM   #33
sleepyalero
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderWiFi View Post
That looks perfect man...absolutely spectacular. And they put everything in correctly? lol. Where did you have it done at where they have that nice open space.

I have the AGX and H&R Springs with KYB mounts, but I don't think mine is dropped as far as yours.

I had a dealership assemble the springs/struts/mounts. I installed them myself. I do 95% of the work on my car myself.., well more like 98%

Thank you for the compliment.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-30-2012, 04:18 PM   #34
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
Nice. Looks MUCH better now. As far as the brakes though....how is the availability on parts for the baer kit? Why not just go with the camaro set up....parts are readily available and it works just as good. LOVE my brake upgrade...one of my fav mods. Hate the stock front brakes....can't believe you still have them!
Old 12-30-2012, 05:44 PM   #35
sleepyalero
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billytheman1188 View Post
Nice. Looks MUCH better now. As far as the brakes though....how is the availability on parts for the baer kit? Why not just go with the camaro set up....parts are readily available and it works just as good. LOVE my brake upgrade...one of my fav mods. Hate the stock front brakes....can't believe you still have them!

cause its not common on these cars. i like rare parts

the baer kit has 5k miles on em so they will last im sure rotors will not be a problem.. i found a kit for 970$ so im sure new calipers wont be hard to find and pads are corvette pads so thats also easy.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-02-2013, 05:59 PM   #36
sleepyalero
GLS member

Some randoms I took today,

Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-03-2013, 12:36 AM   #37
jawa