Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 03-26-2015, 09:11 AM   #21
falloutboy
GL Member

falloutboy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nas Escobar View Post
I think FalloutBoy has an exported late 2nd gen Camaro in Germany and a RamVan as well.
The Camaro is an actual GM export with sole kph tach.
And no I do NOT own or know any Ram Vans

You always have to differentiate between official exports, like Alero or new Camaro and grey exports like an Impala or the new Mustang

On Topic:
I would be cautios with this double sided tape. Remember this foil is made to get hot. The tape u have in mind is not meant to get hot.
There is reason they do not really glue to the foam, the foil later on is mostly held in place by the cover it should heat.
1979 350SB Chevrolet Camaro Project Thread
1995 Chrysler Stratus LX
1999 3.4L Oldsmobile Alero (resource page)
2002 Nissan Primera with CVT
falloutboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 02:57 PM   #22
Nas Escobar
GLS member

Nas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by falloutboy View Post
The Camaro is an actual GM export with sole kph tach.
And no I do NOT own or know any Ram Vans

I didn't know GM exported 2nd gens to Europe. GM's not really a true global automaker in the sense that VW, Honda, and others are where they sell their cars in most countries in all continents, so it's confusing to know what's an official GM export (or import depending how you wanna see it) and what was a grey import.

I've seen some of the strangest cars sent to other countries. I've seen Grand Prix's in Russia and Cavaliers in Central America. Then of course there's that ISIS F150. Death to America, yet drives an American truck. SMH.

My bad on the Ram Van thing, I got mixed up with someone from another forum. On the W body forum, there's a guy that has an export 1990 Regal and a grey import Ram Van.

Quote:
You always have to differentiate between official exports, like Alero or new Camaro and grey exports like an Impala or the new Mustang

Ford still doesn't export the Mustang? I thought the new Mustang was supposed to be a world vehicle.
1996 Infiniti G20
1993 Chevrolet Lumina Z34
1989 Buick Regal Limited
Nas Escobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 06:50 AM   #23
falloutboy
GL Member

falloutboy is on a distinguished road
I'm not really up to date with the Ford things, or Dodge (yesterday saw a Munic dealer offering the new Hellcats).

Yeah its funny in the Camaro there is nothing different, just that the IP does not show any kind of imperial measurement, while the canadian models do.

But that is all way to OT.
1979 350SB Chevrolet Camaro Project Thread
1995 Chrysler Stratus LX
1999 3.4L Oldsmobile Alero (resource page)
2002 Nissan Primera with CVT
falloutboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 04:14 AM   #24
Netuddki
GX Member

Netuddki is on a distinguished road
Quote:
On Topic:
I would be cautios with this double sided tape. Remember this foil is made to get hot. The tape u have in mind is not meant to get hot.
There is reason they do not really glue to the foam, the foil later on is mostly held in place by the cover it should heat.

You have a valid point there, but I used the heat panels a few times and din't recognize anything that would be a sign of the tape melting, so I assume, it can handle that heat.

The panel gets 36 C° max as far as I remember and I think, the tape will handle that heat.

The panel has a temperature sensor, so overheating is not a problem.

I also use it at level 1-3 because at max level (5) it feels really hot with time.

I am so happy that I bought this.
Netuddki is offline   Reply With Quote