Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 03-02-2015, 10:42 PM   #1
marty920
GX Member

marty920 is on a distinguished road
no interior lights

recently replaced window regulator, since then my interior and dash speedometer lights no longer turn on. The dimmer switch only turns on the dome light when switched on. I also replaced stock radio with aftermarket. before with stock radio, radio would work but lights would go on and off intermittently. i am looking for solutions or workarounds to light my dash for at night driving.
marty920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 12:38 AM   #2
Nas Escobar
GLS member

Nas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
Hmm, if I recall, the switches for the alero light up. Are there any shorts in that wiring?
1996 Infiniti G20
1993 Chevrolet Lumina Z34
1989 Buick Regal Limited
Nas Escobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 07:53 AM   #3
marty920
GX Member

not sure. do you mean the turn signal switch. or ?? I am not too knowledgable with wiring but am very eager to learn.
I have also noticed that my turn signal sometimes dont work. I removed the switch and cleaned it , seemed to have helped.
Old 03-03-2015, 07:58 AM   #4
03Alerosil
GL Member

03Alerosil is on a distinguished road
Sounds like you got a broken wire situation. I would suspect something around the radio before I would the regulator wiring. You may also check the fuse that controls all that. Maybe it's partially blown, I have seen that before. Where they don't appear to be blown but when tested they are no good. It's more than likely a broken wire that contacts the other half every once in a while.
03Alerosil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 08:14 AM   #5
marty920
GX Member

thanks, i did check all fuses in all three boxes. they seemed to be okay, but like you said they just appear to be fine. I will make sure to test them asap.
Old 03-03-2015, 08:37 AM   #6
marty920
GX Member

is there a way to temporarily hook up some external l.e.d's light up the dash for at night to. i have been looking at the ones at the auto parts stores, but was not sure if i can easily turn them on or off
Old 03-03-2015, 05:54 PM   #7
Nas Escobar
GLS member

Nas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by marty920 View Post
not sure. do you mean the turn signal switch. or ?? I am not too knowledgable with wiring but am very eager to learn.
I have also noticed that my turn signal sometimes dont work. I removed the switch and cleaned it , seemed to have helped.

I meant in the door panel. You need a multimeter so you can test your leads for voltage. This would be done with the car on (but not running) and the lights on. Then the line would be open for you to test for current.

The turn signal may be different but the radio may have something to do with it. Inspect all wiring in the areas you have touched, making sure nothing is making contact or exposed.
1996 Infiniti G20
1993 Chevrolet Lumina Z34
1989 Buick Regal Limited
Nas Escobar is offline   Reply With Quote