Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 06-07-2015, 10:29 PM   #1
Nman
GX Member

Nman is on a distinguished road
Massive tranny problems/fuel rail problems

So today I smelled gas when I was going down the road, popped open the hood and saw that the fuel injectors (With brand new o-rings) are spraying a bit of fuel, I shut off the car and started it back up and it seemed to stop. Has anyone ever had something like this happen?

Also When I swapped my tranny, the passenger side was female unlike my old tranny were both sides were male. I needed to pull the output shaft half of a cv shaft off a chevy lumina and swap it with the one on my cv shaft inorder to use it. I didn't realize the seals inner diameters where diffrent and my car ran low on tranny fluid. I bought the right seal for the cv shaft, however it doesn't fit into the tranny! In an effort to fix this I JB welded the seal in, but I think it is still leaking a bit. I think there may have been maybe a bit to much tranns fluid in there? Would that cause it to still leak, because it looks like it is leaking a lot less than it was before.

Nman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 12:38 AM   #2
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
What kind of car did the th=ranny come out of? Get the axle seals for that

I don't remember if I mentioned it in the other thread, but the tranny I swapped in had different axle seals than the one I took out. I swapped ina 2003 GAGT tranny into a 2000 Alero. the 01-03 axle seals where smaller than the 99-00 models. I bet the 04-06 seals are different too. IIRC your tranny is from a 2004 model car

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 12:44 AM   #3
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
As for the fuel injector O rings. Yeah it happened to me, the injectors were not fully seated in the rail and/or the lower manifold. When I replaced the injectors last year, I took a very small amount of motor oil and used my fingers to lube the O rings. You do this so they don't tare and are easier to install

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 10:29 AM   #4
01OhioAlero
GX Member

01OhioAlero is on a distinguished road
I had many problems with the injector orings. Few words of advice, first before you throw upper intake etc on hook battery on and prime the fuel system to check for leaks. Also the fuel rail can get scratched and get burrs in the seats for the injectors. That was my problem, took about 3 sets of injector orings to figure out.
01OhioAlero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 11:53 AM   #5
Nman
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redog View Post
As for the fuel injector O rings. Yeah it happened to me, the injectors were not fully seated in the rail and/or the lower manifold. When I replaced the injectors last year, I took a very small amount of motor oil and used my fingers to lube the O rings. You do this so they don't tare and are easier to install

That's exactly what I did when I put it back together the other day, I also noticed it was missing a clip that goes under the tube that connects the two halves of the fuel rail. I put a clip on it from another fuel rail and no more gas leak! And I don't think the tranny is leaking either anymore.
Old 06-16-2015, 12:10 AM   #6
Nman
GX Member

Still leaking, started slipping today after installing led's. I'm going to buy the right cv shaft off ebay and install it with the right seal.