Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 04-15-2015, 10:13 PM   #1
Connorja11
GX Member

Connorja11 is on a distinguished road
Stereo replacement interface problems

Hello everyone. I have a Pioneer DEH-X4700BT head unit and I had a regular wiring harness installed and everything works perfectly except for I had to wire into a fuse for the power and I didn't have any of my chimes so I bought a Scosche GM 2000 FA stereo replacement interface harness. This gave me all my chimes back and a switched 12 volt acc for power but now my speakers are staticy at medium-low to high volumes. What could be the problem? Does the new harness give enough power to the head unit? Or could it be a bad ground is anybody else in a similar situation? Please help!!
Connorja11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 01:40 AM   #2
Nas Escobar
GLS member

Nas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
Bad ground or a bad splice can cause that. You're basically getting interference. You need to recheck every wire that was touched (even where you wired in the fuse for power) to make sure all wiring is insulated where it needs to be and all spices don't have false contacts.
1996 Infiniti G20
1993 Chevrolet Lumina Z34
1989 Buick Regal Limited
Nas Escobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 10:05 AM   #3
zzyzzx
GLS member

zzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond repute
First off the 1999-2000 stock head units are not compatible with the 2001- head units (something like that), so knowing what year your Alero is might help, since the wiring is different.

Anyway, if this extra Scosche piece is plug and play, what happens if you switch it back?

Link to actual product please!
Is it this one:
http://www.amazon.com/Scosche-GM2000...dp/B001CXCJC6/
Or maybe this one:
http://www.scosche.com/car-audio/ins...tors-interface

The reviews say to get the Metra adapter!
http://www.amazon.com/GMRC-01-Axxess...dp/B00032AIGG/

Last edited by zzyzzx : 04-16-2015 at 10:15 AM.
zzyzzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 11:13 AM   #4
Connorja11
GX Member

My alero is an 04. I am not wired into a fuse anymore as the new harness provides a switched 12v acc for power. I will try fixing up the ground a bit and if that doesn't work ill desolder and resolder all the wires.Thanks for the help guys. Oh and both your links are the correct product. I would have gotten the metro but this was all that was available in walmart

Last edited by Connorja11 : 04-16-2015 at 11:16 AM.
Old 04-16-2015, 11:53 AM   #5
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Papa Rad17 is on a distinguished road
A fuse is a good idea. In the event something shorts in the system, you try to draw to much power, anything, that will blow instead of cooking wires and your system, as well everything your power is tied to. Not that it's very likely but should that happen fire is likely and you'd be replacing a lot of wire and components.
Papa Rad17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 02:10 PM   #6
zzyzzx
GLS member

zzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connorja11 View Post
I would have gotten the metro but this was all that was available in walmart

Reason enough to get the Metra...
zzyzzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 10:09 PM   #7
Connorja11
GX Member

I have since fixed the problem. I shortened up the the ground wire and added insulation to the wires. It now works better than before. Thanks for the help guys!