Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 07-14-2004, 05:20 AM   #1
columbusaleroman87
GX Member

columbusaleroman87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to columbusaleroman87
Does anyone have any information on how much a new paintjob would be? I have a 2000 and although I love the car the blue color just doesn't seem to agree with me. I liked it at first but the more I seem to see it the less I think it fits lol. All I would be looking for is a different color, no crazy designs or real custom work, probably just a new color like black. If anyone would be able to give me a ballpark idea of what this would take before I start calling around for estimates, just so I know what is a reasonable price, I would really appreciate the info. Thanks guys and gals!

columbusaleroman87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 06:14 AM   #2
sound_xtreme
GLS member

sound_xtreme is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to sound_xtreme Send a message via MSN to sound_xtreme Send a message via Yahoo to sound_xtreme
way too much. since you're gonna do a diff color it needs to be done right and the whole bay area, trunk, jams etc would need to be painted. expect 3k
Old 07-14-2004, 07:45 AM   #3
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
^^^ya maybe more 3,000 is a starting price around here
and to do it right the whole car needs to be disassembled and door jambs and engine bay all the jambs i dunno if it would be worth it to you
that`s allot of money to just change it to black lol
bdyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 10:33 AM   #4
Steve03TropicTeal

yeah, sometims ud be better off just selling yours, and looking for a black used alero.

used aleros are cheap... they lose thier value quickly.

i bought a 2003, it was a year old, and about 8000 off sticker price....

almost 50% value lost in one year.
Old 07-14-2004, 01:37 PM   #5
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
well it depends on how good of a quality of paint job you want.

If you want just a plain old paint job (meaning a lot of orange peel, no depth to shine, etc) then you probably could get it for $2000.

If you want a paint job that shines like a mirror and smooth as glass then I would say more around $4000. Now this is show quality paint job.

Getting a car painted is a very heated topic around several boards. People think you can get a show quality for $2000 and under, well only if you paint it.

You get what you pay for. Period.
Old 07-14-2004, 02:20 PM   #6
streetg1202

man.. i wanted to get mine painted too.. white is just.... blah.. i would love the blue though maybe we can just trade the color columbus :P
Old 07-14-2004, 04:52 PM   #7
OpalaAlero

I don't see why you would want to paint it, theres only two blues (opal and midnight) and both are absolutely gorgeous.
Old 07-14-2004, 08:24 PM   #8
johny_boy32
V.I.P. Member

johny_boy32 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to johny_boy32
and dont paint it black..one scratch or one ding from a dumbass in the mall parking lot and your f***ed for life
Old 07-14-2004, 08:39 PM   #9
jamcllw
GLS member

jamcllw is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah black car suck. Every little nick stands out like a soar thumb. I wish on a daily basis that mine was not black.
jamcllw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 09:08 PM   #10
shox

black looks sooooooo good when its clean and waxed. However, every scratch I have I can see, and its annoying if your aim is perfection
Old 07-15-2004, 03:24 PM   #11
AlbinoMonkeyRat
Let's Play Army!

AlbinoMonkeyRat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by OpalaAlero@Jul 14 2004, 04:52 PM
I don't see why you would want to paint it, theres only two blues (opal and midnight) and both are absolutely gorgeous.
don' forget about Electric blue! it's pretty rare and is very sexy
RIP to my Alero @ 112000 miles. COD: thrown rod. TOD: 430pm, Dec19, 2011.
AlbinoMonkeyRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 03:40 PM   #12
OpalaAlero

Ya know, there is 3 blues. I think mine is opal, and electric blue is kind of a royal blue...right?
Old 07-15-2004, 03:57 PM   #13
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
yeah black sucks that is why after all my bodywork it is getty a different paint job, so far what everybody said is about right, around $3000 for a good quality paint job, you get what you pay for though, that is why am saving up about $5000 for my new paint job...
Old 07-15-2004, 07:21 PM   #14
IndyAlero

Well when my dam kit gets here i am getting a 4 layer job Jet black for just 500....

Its kinda cheap for me lol....
Old 07-15-2004, 07:45 PM   #15
AlbinoMonkeyRat
Let's Play Army!

AlbinoMonkeyRat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by OpalaAlero@Jul 15 2004, 03:40 PM
Ya know, there is 3 blues. I think mine is opal, and electric blue is kind of a royal blue...right?
Electric blue is similar to the blue in my signature. (in fact, the GA in the RSM Racing ad at the top of the boards is the blue I'm talking about)
RIP to my Alero @ 112000 miles. COD: thrown rod. TOD: 430pm, Dec19, 2011.
AlbinoMonkeyRat is offline   Reply With Quote