Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-22-2010, 02:33 AM   #11
radomirthegreat
GX Member

radomirthegreat is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to radomirthegreat Send a message via Yahoo to radomirthegreat Send a message via Skype™ to radomirthegreat
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhauck View Post
I like the way this guy thinks......lol

Also, torque: 155 versus 210 ft-lb. The LD9 has far less torque than the LA1, so you're missing out there as well. My thoughts on the DOHC and 16 valves versus a pushrod engine with 12 valves is that the 4-cylinder needs all that just to keep up. A pushrod 4-banger is just hideous, and yet the V6 pushrods beat the 4-cyl DOHC engines right out of the gate.

By the way, has anyone done an L67 (Series 2 3800) swap into an Alero? With 240 hp and 280 ft-lb of torque with a stock air box, stock supercharger pulley, stock everything, it's king! Plus, it's easy to mod and work on in general, has a huge supply of aftermarket parts, and it's readily available. I'm working on my 99 Bonneville's L36 right now. It has headers, about to get a cam and heads, almost there with a Gen V M90 (Series III 3800's more efficient supercharger), and lots of tuning. I'm expecting about 400 hp at the crank before intercooling. These light Aleros are so much easier to build transmissions for than Bonnevilles. If I keep the Alero around, I may try it.

Dodge Neon ignition coil, S-10 plug wires, modified intake, K&N drop-in air filter, and a Magnaflow cat
radomirthegreat is offline   Reply With Quote