Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 12-02-2004, 03:57 PM   #21
mike2002
GLS member

mike2002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to mike2002
Quote:
Originally posted by 1WhiteOSV@Dec 2 2004, 12:08 AM
XM Delphi SkyFi2 unit is awesome...you can pause the music...store up to 30mins of music in the unit..it has a built in FM modulator in the TUNER (not the cradle/carkit) and it looks awesome. It will also work with any older SkyFi1 units (i.e. home kit/boombox)
i love how they brainwash bestbuy employee's....ahahaha....i left that place because i refused to lie to customers and tell them stuff would do things it wouldn't and push those stupid service plans down peoples throats till they chooked
Old 12-02-2004, 06:41 PM   #22
1WhiteOSV

HAHA..seeing that my dad OWNS the unit and I installed it (along with about 25 others in customers' cars)....I think I know what it can/can't do....we're not commissioned, you know that..there's no need to lie. You had a choice to lie to the customer or not..obviously you did...I dont because I still get paid the same whether they buy it or not.

Just because you didn't like working at Best Buy doesn't mean you can go around calling me (or other workers) a liar...nothing I said WASN'T true....

P.S. You're welcome for getting you those alarm wire colors and notes...I'll be sure NOT to give you any more of my advice/knowledge on car audio/security anymore because obviously I am just "brainwashed" and i might tell you something that actually can't be done.
Old 12-02-2004, 08:34 PM   #23
mikegett
GL Member

Location: connersville, Indiana (don't ask, it's not worth it)
mikegett is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mikegett
When I bought the alero it came with a year subscription for free. I thought it was good for the monthly price. I just won't go out and pay for hardware to have it. It seemed like most of the radio stations I listened to (jazz, blue grass, rock, and alternative) were run on a rotation. You could literaly time a song at four oclock on friday to play at four oclock the following week. Granted, it did take about six months for me to realize the repetition. I did love the quality of the sound and great reception. If the radio lost a signal it was back in a matter of seconds. This would normaly happen if the car was next to a tall building. Otherwise is was perfect. I think that I would like xm more if they started to syndicate more local radio stations.
mikegett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 12:23 AM   #24
mike2002
GLS member

mike2002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to mike2002
Quote:
Originally posted by 1WhiteOSV@Dec 2 2004, 06:41 PM
HAHA..seeing that my dad OWNS the unit and I installed it (along with about 25 others in customers' cars)....I think I know what it can/can't do....we're not commissioned, you know that..there's no need to lie. You had a choice to lie to the customer or not..obviously you did...I dont because I still get paid the same whether they buy it or not.

Just because you didn't like working at Best Buy doesn't mean you can go around calling me (or other workers) a liar...nothing I said WASN'T true....

P.S. You're welcome for getting you those alarm wire colors and notes...I'll be sure NOT to give you any more of my advice/knowledge on car audio/security anymore because obviously I am just "brainwashed" and i might tell you something that actually can't be done.
dude, i wasn't calling you a liar, i was refering to how it sounds like your throwing the pre-written best buy sales pitch, i was making a joke.

im not sure, do you work on the sales floor, or in the install bay? either way, being in car audio, your kinda in your own corner were the managers dont really bother you TOO much (at least at the store i worked at) i worked in video, which pushed more big ticket item (revenue big ticket) than any other department. because of this we were constantly hounded by the store managers and department managers, and yes, i was told to lie. i listened in on the "head" senior (a guy who really knew his stuff) selling some fiber optic cable, were 1 of the reasons he gave to get the monster over AR is because of the superior shielding. after that customer left, i went up to him, and was like wow....how can you flat out lie to a customer to sell somthing, and i explained it, he's like i know, but you need to say what they need to hear to buy the product, it is a better product, so im not lieing in that aspect, and if id take a few notes i could boost my accesories sales. i was like i refuse to sell my integrity for bestbuy, this sparked a somewhat large arguement by this time, i had a full time job somewhere else, so i didn't care. things like this happened more than once.

i only worked 10 hours a week, because of my other job, and the managers hated this, but my operations manager approved my availablility. THEN the ass managers started somesort of scorecard sheet, GRADING us on our ability to sell. for the hours i worked i outsold everyone except the 2 managers and 1 full time. my accessories weren't quite as high, but i sold alot of monster junk. they gave me CRAPPY gradding, and threatened to move me to recieving if i didn't pick it up...well i argued with them, that i outsold other people who didn't get threatened a transfer....there response? i have more potential, more product knowledge, if id hope on the bandwagon (push monster/psp's/ lie more ) i could do better, i didn't show "team spirit". i had people that would come in and only buy from me, why? because i didn't give the typical sales pitch, i gave the facts, and i knew more facts than all the other part-timers, and all but 1 fulltimer. i sold over 50k to 1 guy alone, who was still comming in to buy things, but only from me. i had customers buying anywhere from 1-5k personally seeking out the store manager to tell them how knowledgable i was, and how i wasn't overly pushy like othersalesman (but they still left with ALOT of crap/accessories)

so i told him i dont need this job, and i left.

ever hear of bestbuysucks.com? bestbuy treats employee's like ass, thats common knowledge, and yes they do there hardest to brainwash employees with the typical, were not on commission, why would we lie? line. your not on commission because they want a bigger profit

i never said all bestbuy employees lie, no, i think a good deal of the managers/seniors do whatever it takes to push rev. but you know that your told to push stuff till they feel dumb for not getting it, or try to, THOSE words came from more than 1 of our GM's, sales managers and department managers (yea, we went through a few)

"P.S. You're welcome for getting you those alarm wire colors and notes...I'll be sure NOT to give you any more of my advice/knowledge on car audio/security anymore because obviously I am just "brainwashed" and i might tell you something that actually can't be done."

i said thanks......seriously, grow up....jeez
Old 12-07-2004, 01:05 AM   #25
1WhiteOSV

I work both sales floor and install bay....it sounded like you were claiming that what I said was a lie...that's y I said what I said...it's all cool now.