ImSoBored
GL Member

ImSoBored is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to ImSoBored
don't buy from crutchfield, they're way over priced
Old 02-19-2005, 07:42 PM   #22
mikegett
GL Member

Location: connersville, Indiana (don't ask, it's not worth it)
mikegett is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mikegett
Quote:
Originally posted by mike2002@Feb 19 2005, 05:24 PM
with the prices of stuff on ebay, dealer price isn't a whole lot better...lol

my bro's going to start carrying clarion pretty soon i think, the rep's comming out this week or next, cant remember. even better, he just starting getting distributor pricing on soundstream, since there's no distributors in mn, he is now.

hope he gets good deals on clarion, i really want a new deck, but im sure working for eclipse gets you better prices than what a dealer would pay for it.
I think that dealers and employees get the same discount. I have never asked a dealer, but I would imagine that it would be the same. It varies slightly from year to year. Normaly it is 60 percent on HU's and amps, and 65 on speakers. When they change models, we tend to get 70 and eighty on close outs. The part that stinks is that we can only purchase one system a year. The realy good deals are on refurbished units. My supervisor bought a 1200 hundred dollar flip out dvd unit for 100.
I try to stay away from ebay. There are some good prices but you have to add in shipping fees as well. Not to mention that the sellers are always going to be a gamble. Never expect to buy a item like eclipse or JL on ebay and have a brand new item with waranty. Last year, ebay had a dozen navigation units posted a month befor they were on the market. You have to wander where these units were coming from when they haven't even left our distribution.
mikegett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 11:46 AM   #23
stealthlero
V.I.P. Member

stealthlero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to stealthlero
ebay is the way to go on quite a bit of stuff, really cheap and most of the time you dont get screwed if your careful! :thumbsup:

what do you all think about kicker stuff, I got 2 Comp Vr 12's, and am gonna eventually have 2 KX450.2 amps, runnin one to each sub... let me know
stealthlero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 03:07 PM   #24
mike2002
GLS member

mike2002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to mike2002
i had a kicker amp, an older zx or zr or somthing. the kind with the "chip" crossovers. there power whores, they suck alot of power for how much they put out, its been a while since i had that amp though. i also had some kicker comp 12's in a pre-fab box that were a joke, i think the vr's are alot better though. id get just 1 bigger amp personally, and you cant beat the closeout prices on soundstream amps right now, ive got a vangogh and its a very high quality amp, not to mention its $900 and can be found aparantly for 270 brand new