Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 03-24-2004, 05:02 PM   #1
2001alerogl

i have a 2001 alero gl i bought it about 2 weeks ago and have been having problems with the front brakes the place where i got the car replaced the front brakes and rotors they put on after market brakes and rotors.
the were rubbing and the front left wheel has been making noise so still trying to figure out what the problem is espically when the car dont even have 18.000 miles on it yet so if anyone else has had this problem could you let me know
Old 03-24-2004, 05:39 PM   #2
99blackalero

take it back to where you bought it...they should fix it for you if you just bought it
Old 03-26-2004, 08:24 PM   #3
3.4Alero

If you have the eagle RS-A's, then they might be making the noise. Sounds weird, but there was something about the bead that made them make a rubbing sound similar to brakes. Most dealers were replacing them for free.
Old 03-27-2004, 12:09 AM   #4
Naich
The Founder

Naich is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Naich
yeah... look at the tires to make sure they're not rotting. Some of the tires on the GL and GX were rotting too fast and that can make bad noise.

Naich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 10:13 AM   #5
cybermob2

if you have eagle LSs you will get a "grinding sound"

my money's on that... for about 6 months i tried EVERYTHING to get rid of it. strangest thing... only happens at LOW speeds (<5mph or so), sounds exactly like something on the brakes is scraping or rubbing.

there is a TSB on the rubbing... the dealership (if under warranty) is supposed to replace your front tires only. rotate them, complain again, and they should do the other 2 tires. just make sure they replace them w/tires w/o the "railroad" marks along the bead.

if you're out of warranty, like i was, you might get goodyear to give you 2 new tires. i did. then they got pissed when i went home and rotated them and came back. they gave me the second 2 1/2 off. not bad- 4 225/50/16 eagle ls for $116.
Old 03-29-2004, 04:17 PM   #6
bdunning

Might be a bad wheel bearing. I replaced my left front wheel bearing about 4 months ago and now it is making the same noises again. Thankfuly there is a 1 yr replacement warranty.
Old 03-29-2004, 05:37 PM   #7
2001alerogl

no it wasnt the wheel bearings got them checked right after i started to hear the rubbing noise .but when i got the alignment done this weekend it got a lot quieter so i do think it is the tires but going to rotate them this friaday after i pick up the new tires so see what happens then.

jim
Old 03-29-2004, 10:59 PM   #8
cybermob2

got 2 spare wheel/tires? maybe 2 spares? that'll weed out whether its tires or not... kinda a PITA, but whadda ya gonna do?