Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 04-05-2004, 08:08 PM   #1
patrickdaigle

Here's my problem I can not unlock unless I either turn the key with quite a bit of force and then pull up on the handle at the same time, or pull on the unlock tab,again with quite a bit of force, then pull the handle at the same time. I can hear the power locks trying to unlock the door but the latch dosen't even move.

Anyone out there have the "How To" on changing door locks?

Anyone have any suggestions on what else it could be?

Thanks
Old 04-06-2004, 01:49 AM   #2
bdyman

first off remove the trim panel, check the latch and it`s rod`s goin to the handel and lock
sounds like the latch might be binding up it`s hard to say when i can`t see what`s goin on inside your door
try that first
Old 04-06-2004, 02:47 AM   #3
StealthAlero

I wrote a write up on this somewhere since i replace my whole door.

1. But to break it down for ya, remove the little red reflector on the bottom of the door.

2. Remove two bolts from behind handle of door.

3. Just pull the trim off, but don't pull out to far because their are wires still connected to the speakers, which you will see unhook very easy. Then you will see how your door locking system works, and hopefully find what the problem is.

This shouldn't take more then 5 minutes to do. Its very easy and fast.
Old 04-06-2004, 10:46 AM   #4
patrickdaigle

Thanks for the replies...I got the panel off and all the action rods look good. I think it may be the door lock. I tried to take it off last night but the window guide was in the way. I had to stop because it was snowing and getting dark. I'll try again. If anyone has any tips on removint the door lock let me know.

by the way I'm talking of the door lock not the key lock assembley.

Thansk again,
pat
Old 04-06-2004, 12:09 PM   #5
bdyman

ok,the latch sounds like it might be goin bad,and it`s snowing???? damn!!!,anyways......if the rods are not binding up that`s a godd thing, then it has to be the latch, don`t forget that it does have a couple of wires goin to it, could be a bigger prob, but check out the latch first