Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-01-2012, 02:33 AM   #1
DADDYMACK
GX Member

DADDYMACK is on a distinguished road
Alero Stereo More Power

Hey all just looking for some good info on car audio.
I just finished installing a good size stereo in my 2000 Alero Gls, now to my problem.
I need more power, not from my stereo but to my stereo. I am in the middle of a couple of problems one thing i need is a bigger alt and a good battery. So far here is what i can tell ya about my system. I am running a Alpine head with two 1600 watt sub amps at one ohm, and one 1000 watt four channel amp at 4 ohms, 2 12 subs and 6x9 rears and 4x6 fronts. I think i am pulling about 180 to 200 amps peak, and i have done the big three and pulled a 0 gauge for sub amps and a four gauge for the four channel. I also pulled a 4 gauge ground front to rear for all amps grounded to a custom grounding block in the back. All this with a factory alt and a Walmart battery.

Ok as i see it, yes i need to get a better battery, i checked into a yellow or a blue top battery and they said there where no application for a 2000 alero, but i am sure someone out there has made one fit. Please tell me which ones fit with a little alteration.

Next is the alt, i am really confused here buy one build one ???? and some say a Alero's alt can't handle 200 plus amps because of over heating so what to do ?????.

I just added the second sub amp and the 4 channel amp, with that i also got a loud boom when i shut off the system and a great wine that comes and goes.

I am not sure about all the grounds going to one lug in the rear and should i ground the rear lug to the body or ground it up front or to the battery. i bypassed the factory harness and ran a power wire to the head unit direct from the battery so did i pass any noise filters. i also grounded the hu direct to the body and i am thinking i have to many separate grounds or what.

Ok so now to hard part i'm also am on a budget build so don't get me wrong when i say that i will buy good products but i need to be real about things besides i like to build instead of buy but that's not always real.

Thank you for any input and just ask any questions that you may have
Mack
DADDYMACK is offline   Reply With Quote