Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > New Member Introductions

Old 08-22-2010, 10:02 PM   #21
whiterider00
GLS member

whiterider00 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuse31 View Post
The pinstripe was on it when I got it. I'm afarid to remove it in case of sun damage.

The interior doesn't match the outside though. The paint is a very hard color to match. It involves mixing pearl, pink, green, blue and white. And I couldnt find vinyl dye or any krylon fusion in the correct colors needed. The paint and dye do match the seat covers and steering wheel cover I also got for my birthday in so I think it works alright in my opinion...

Btw whiterider, I really like what you did with your tails. I was considering that idea for my tails, but the paint is really tough to do to get it right. (At least for me anyways.)

duplicolor makes just about every factory color in spray and touch up paint. check auto parts stores or even walmart. if not try the duplicolor website.
whiterider00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 10:29 PM   #22
wrestlingandrunning
GL Member

wrestlingandrunning is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhubbz View Post
Carbon fiber or not, if they aren't functional, they just add weight, which is the whole point of CF if I'm not mistaken. But as long as you like it, that's all that matters! You did a good job on the tails, but I would do the third brake light as well.

Yep those vents will slow you down about .001 on the drag strip since they weigh not even a pound. If you like them keep it, most people generally choose not to go to autozone to mod there car but if it makes you happy go for it.
Old 08-22-2010, 10:35 PM   #23
jhubbz
⌘ Irish Pride

jhubbz is on a distinguished road
I know, I was thinking that, but he was making a point that they're not crappy plastic and real carbon fiber. Just the fact that something carbon fiber that isn't functional or replacing a part on the car seemed contradictory to me. But yea, if you like em, keep em and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
jhubbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 01:09 AM   #24
Tuse31
GX Member

Tuse31 is on a distinguished road
Well I guess they were like $50 for the 6 of them. They came from somewhere online. That's what my buddy who gave them to me said. Haha. But I have no engine mods so I'm not going to be puttin it to test anytime soon. I'll try to get a picture of them up tomorrow because they are a lot better quality than walmart. I just like them because I'm a carbon fiber fan and I'm too poor to afford a hood or anything major that's real carbon fiber other than those accents. Lol
Tuse31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 04:14 AM   #25
dragon8807
GL Member

dragon8807 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to dragon8807
welcome tom, your alero is the same color as my old one, it's opal blue metallic if you didn't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterider00 View Post
duplicolor makes just about every factory color in spray and touch up paint. check auto parts stores or even walmart. if not try the duplicolor website.

duplicolor doesn't have this color in rattle can, they only have it in the little touch-up bottles, if he wants spray paint so he can match the factory color he has to order it from the dealer like i had to for my old alero. i bought 2 cans but never got to do what i wanted to with it because i totaled the car.
05 impreza 2.5rs 5spd - current car
dragon8807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 11:59 AM   #26
wrestlingandrunning
GL Member

wrestlingandrunning is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuse31 View Post
Well I guess they were like $50 for the 6 of them. They came from somewhere online. That's what my buddy who gave them to me said. Haha. But I have no engine mods so I'm not going to be puttin it to test anytime soon. I'll try to get a picture of them up tomorrow because they are a lot better quality than walmart. I just like them because I'm a carbon fiber fan and I'm too poor to afford a hood or anything major that's real carbon fiber other than those accents. Lol

:O there like $12 at autozone damn.
Old 08-23-2010, 02:29 PM   #27
Tuse31
GX Member

Tuse31 is on a distinguished road
Ok thanks dragon for clearing that up! I didn't really know how to describe it. Haha. But no they're the real ones. The ones at walmart and autozonre are the carbon fiber LOOK ones. Mine are real. And look a lot higher quality than the cheapo ones.
Tuse31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 01:18 AM   #28
whiterider00
GLS member

whiterider00 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon8807 View Post

duplicolor doesn't have this color in rattle can, they only have it in the little touch-up bottles, if he wants spray paint so he can match the factory color he has to order it from the dealer like i had to for my old alero. i bought 2 cans but never got to do what i wanted to with it because i totaled the car.

didnt know that. my bad.
whiterider00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 06:44 AM   #29
Daytona
ALEROMOD RAPIST

Daytona is on a distinguished road
Welcome aboard!
Daytona is offline   Reply With Quote