Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 10-17-2009, 12:34 AM   #21
Oldsnut
Aleromod Old Fart & Owner

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by AftermathAlero View Post
its gonna crack. Weld in metal in place of the plastic piece.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley olds View Post
I agree on the cracking. I think I remember bdyman saying that fiberglass does not adhere to plastic.

I would agree. Glass and plastic do not mix.

Final 500 #448-OCA Preservation Class Winner, Final 500 Alero #219, '02 Bravada
I am officially addicted to Olds

Oldsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 01:06 AM   #22
hok666
GLS member

hok666 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoopidAlero View Post
I was thinking of doing something similiar. But I would have the plate angled and frenched in, then above the plate have a small opening the width of the plate. Then I was going to put in a little LED strip for the plate light. Maybe a lil thought for ya

show me an illustrated pic im dumb
hok666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 01:25 AM   #23
adam337
GLS member

adam337 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to adam337
also remember that aftermath is a fiberglass/customz car god.
Lonnie: How would she feel if I took the booty one of the ladies has offered up.. What am I going to say... It's not my fault some gifts are better then others.
adam337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 01:43 AM   #24
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

Gr1m is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Gr1m
ya it will crack especially if your really pumpin your subs and rattling the shit out of it

I shaved my balls for this?
Gr1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 02:44 AM   #25
pimpalero2003
GLS member

pimpalero2003 is an unknown quantity at this point
If u do it good it will still eventually crack.
Old 10-17-2009, 08:58 AM   #26
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
yup both me and richie are correct fiberglass will crack right off from plastic, so will bondo, plus that is a piece of "abs"plastic, holy cracking batman is that going to crack off "abs" is like one of the plastics we never ever customize or repair

i would make it from metal stop what your doing right now, save your self the time and the embrassment from this cracking off

lets refresh our memory shall we..................."bondo" and or fiberglass or duraglass any of that product does not and will not stick to plastic, evercoat make a flexable putty that when the plastic is either flame treated or a adheshion promoter is applied the stuff will last the life time of the car

fusor products are used on gm.dodge, and ford, oh ya its true, in the factory used, we use at work, now they make some of the best plastic repair product in the field today hands down, and they make a product that will stick to abs plastic, so when you do research or have a question there are people like my self and richie that can help guide you in a small way to use the correct products

so please stop it right now and do this the correct way
bdyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 09:45 AM   #27
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian 2000GL LA1 View Post
too late now. i might put an ass load if Infared lights pointing straight back to block the new cameras on our local po-po cars, just to see if i get pulled over becouse the camera won't read my plate.

doesn't work. you can't EVER get those to emit enough light for it to block out the plate.
Old 10-17-2009, 02:18 PM   #28
Ian 2000GL LA1
GL Member

Ian 2000GL LA1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Ian 2000GL LA1
im still going to try to fisnish it, i wrapped the fiberglas around the edges, plus im going to lay fiber over the major bondo areas, i tested to see if it cam off and i couldn't get it to budge i scuffed the shit out of the ABS with 30 grit, so the fiber isn't going anywhere soon, i then filled the old void with expanding foam for added support, still have to add a couple layers of glass before sanding and bondo, ill make it work, and yes it will eventually crack, but idc, ill take it off and put my old one on for temporary use.
Old 10-17-2009, 02:22 PM   #29
pimpalero2003
GLS member

pimpalero2003 is an unknown quantity at this point
Should of drilled some holes to just a little extra to grab on.
Old 10-17-2009, 02:35 PM   #30
Ian 2000GL LA1
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpalero2003 View Post
Should of drilled some holes to just a little extra to grab on.

i forgot to do that i thought about it right up until i got out the fiberglass supplies.
Old 10-17-2009, 06:31 PM   #31
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdyman View Post
yup both me and richie are correct fiberglass will crack right off from plastic, so will bondo, plus that is a piece of "abs"plastic, holy cracking batman is that going to crack off "abs" is like one of the plastics we never ever customize or repair

i would make it from metal stop what your doing right now, save your self the time and the embrassment from this cracking off

lets refresh our memory shall we..................."bondo" and or fiberglass or duraglass any of that product does not and will not stick to plastic, evercoat make a flexable putty that when the plastic is either flame treated or a adheshion promoter is applied the stuff will last the life time of the car

fusor products are used on gm.dodge, and ford, oh ya its true, in the factory used, we use at work, now they make some of the best plastic repair product in the field today hands down, and they make a product that will stick to abs plastic, so when you do research or have a question there are people like my self and richie that can help guide you in a small way to use the correct products

so please stop it right now and do this the correct way

speaking of the right way, done any work on mine yet?
Old 10-17-2009, 06:48 PM   #32
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
nope havent even touched it, like i told you my stuff will come first, and then we will discuss the cost, and then your deck lid plus with my custody case going on its kinda hard for me to do anything right now

2nd you said no rush, so i will get to it over the winter
Old 10-17-2009, 06:50 PM   #33
bdyman
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian 2000GL LA1 View Post
im still going to try to fisnish it, i wrapped the fiberglas around the edges, plus im going to lay fiber over the major bondo areas, i tested to see if it cam off and i couldn't get it to budge i scuffed the shit out of the ABS with 30 grit, so the fiber isn't going anywhere soon, i then filled the old void with expanding foam for added support, still have to add a couple layers of glass before sanding and bondo, ill make it work, and yes it will eventually crack, but idc, ill take it off and put my old one on for temporary use.

wow i guess you like working 2-3 times harder, and must have allot of money to spend on supplies, now me i would do it the right way the first time, spend the money and time the first time, but hey what do i know right??
Old 10-17-2009, 09:04 PM   #34
Ian 2000GL LA1
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdyman View Post
wow i guess you like working 2-3 times harder, and must have allot of money to spend on supplies, now me i would do it the right way the first time, spend the money and time the first time, but hey what do i know right??

nope i don't have that much $$ but i already have plenty of supplies. im not try to bash what ur saying, but i can tell u what i have going right now is working fine the glass is sticking really well, it needs 2-4 more layers to stop the flex but i'll make it work. and if i listened to everything everyone told me on here my car would be just the same as alot of peoples on here. and if its effed up well i learned. sorry to come off as a ashole but its the way i do stuff.