Send a message via Yahoo to 14alero
Ok We will see
Old 05-21-2006, 11:10 PM   #42
FormulaNERD
GLS member

FormulaNERD is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by SweetNLow@May 21 2006, 12:12 AM
hey gimme respect to.............. if it wasnt for me buyin a set of coils and joel helpin me on we never wouldve gained as much knowledge on the subject as we have

Old 05-21-2006, 11:49 PM   #43
2fst4u
[boosted 2.4L]

2fst4u is an unknown quantity at this point
it's probably just better if you post real progress and don't lie to us, dude. you should have just asked about doing the fronts instead of saying it was done. things would be a lot smoother. and, i know you would have got more help than insults at that point.
as far as too low for a jack, everyone with springtech springs is too low. i have to drive up on my stock rotors too get the front end up high enough.
look for help, not try and show off. i know what i know because i ask, as well as everyone else.

good luck with the setup.
Old 05-21-2006, 11:53 PM   #44
14alero
V.I.P. Member

14alero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to 14alero
oh i know but when you ask someone always says it cant be done Can you post pics of your car being lowered if you dont mind
Old 05-22-2006, 12:59 AM   #45
mrmike
GL Member

mrmike is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah dude, be more careful in the future. Most people who reply on here either hate Aleros or feel that they invented them. They love to attack anyone who doesn't ask questions because giving vague answers is all they can do. Even if they feel they deserve respect for installing basic mechanicals that have been around for 5 decades, they lose any real respect by acting like douchebags.

ps. boo hoo you losers, never witnessed anyone typing poorly on the internet? Make sure you check spelling next time, you sandy-vagina librarians. Here is a sentence that you may enjoy. Hey u jurks if ur alerhos are so grate n finishd then why stik aroun here n f uk wit evry1? Damn bullies.
Old 05-22-2006, 01:20 AM   #46
racin4JC
GL Member

racin4JC is an unknown quantity at this point
Those coilovers should work fine, I had a pair very similar on mine before I put my air on, the only thing I have found was with mine (they were for a cavy) I had to put the rear adjustment sleeve on front and the the front on back. The reason for this was because the spring ratings weren't enough so when I hit a big bump/pothole it would/could bottom the springs out or at least push them down enough to hit that sleeve. They dropped my car about 3 inches so the top of my tires were about level with the fenders. In the long run though it gets old having to dodge potholes and dead animals because you will either be trashing on your suspension or smashin up your car!
Old 05-22-2006, 03:08 AM   #47
SweetNLow
GLS member

SweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond repute
ok first off mrmike...... until you actually do something to your car you should shut your mouth.

second........ 14alero we are sayin it cant be done the way your trying to do it becasue WE HAVE TRIED IT. unless you have different year cavy coils or something then the fronts WILL NOT BE LOWER THAN STOCK. maybe abit but nothing spectacular. the springs are to long and dont allow for much of a drop on the front. rears are a different story.

y is it that people always feel like they are being attacked. i hardly post in threads cuase the second i say something people feel like im picking on them. truth is is that if i cant speak from expericence on a topic/subject i dont say jack. look thru the threads....... i hardly give advice on stuff. i comment on people's rides everynow and then if someone asks for an opinion. jsut cause i dont put a cherry on top of it you guys take all kinds of offense.

only reason y i posted in this topic is cause only a hand full of people have messed with putting coilovers on an alero........ and 14alero isnt one of them..... and more than likely hes gonna run into problems. but instead of askin for help from people who have done it befor....... he goes and runs his mouth sayin that "they are on and give good drop ride aint bad" when he only has the rears on. so whatever. if u ever complete this and have the nutz to put pictures of the front end "tuckin" then please prove me wrong and show me. but id put money on it that we will never see pictures of this.

Old 05-22-2006, 04:29 AM   #48
mrmike
GL Member

The amount of which my car is modified is not related to my right to point out social injustice. My post had nothing to do with me anyways. If he lies, so what? You say that you don't care what people say about your car, but you care about what people say about their car? This is the only place anyone can go to discuss Aleros, so why make people feel hated just because you don't think they are doing something right? Go read the first page again, you openly state that you personally don't like him. Thats just wrong dude and I believe that kind of flaming is against the forum rules. It wouldn't matter if you were the Pope, owned an enzo ferrari and invented television, I would still be right. I guess the sandy-vagina was a little inappropriate, but the internet IS known for bad grammer, so let it go.
Old 05-22-2006, 04:45 AM   #49
SweetNLow
GLS member

SweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond repute
i said "not that i like 14alero" so im not aloud to not like someone on here? i wasnt mean in anyway. just said that i dont like him........ im sure he will get over that in time.

and i think your missing the point. if you read over this thread again... as soon as people started to read it they started to ask questions.... ie..... what kinda coils, how does it look, etc........ he had little information to respond with BECAUSE HE WANST FINISHED WITH IS PROJECT ALTHOUGH IN HIS ORIGINAL POST HE MADE IT LOOK LIKE HE INSTALLED A COMPLETE SET OF COILOVERS ON HIS CAR....... when this turned out to not be the case. i wasnt mean/rude/disrespectful in any way towards 14alero...... I SIMPLY CALLED IM OUT ON THE FACT THAT HIS ORIGINAL POST WAS NOT FACTUAL AND MAINLY UNTRUE

and if you wanna start in about openingly flaming on here...... remember this part of your previous post... "ps. boo hoo you losers, never witnessed anyone typing poorly on the internet? Make sure you check spelling next time, you sandy-vagina librarians. Here is a sentence that you may enjoy. Hey u jurks if ur alerhos are so grate n finishd then why stik aroun here n f uk wit evry1?"???? look like that was a flame directed towards me since i complained about 14alero not being able to type........ so i guess i should tell you this about flaming...."Thats just wrong dude and I believe that kind of flaming is against the forum rules. It wouldn't matter if you were the Pope, owned an enzo ferrari and invented television, I would still be right."

practice what you pretch dude....... atleast i dont contridict myself....and now im gonna openly state that i dont like you mrmike.

Old 05-22-2006, 04:51 AM   #50
mrmike
GL Member

if you walked up to 14alero and punched him in the head, and I punched you in the head for doing it, I would technically be doing the same thing as you, but I would be doing it for a noble purpose.
Old 05-22-2006, 04:54 AM   #51
SweetNLow
GLS member

uhhhhhh ya ok dude whatever you say

Old 05-22-2006, 08:15 AM   #52
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
enough is enough
Closed Thread