Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > Aleromod.com Showcase

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-26-2012, 10:58 PM   #15
zman246
GX Member

zman246 has a reputation beyond reputezman246 has a reputation beyond reputezman246 has a reputation beyond reputezman246 has a reputation beyond reputezman246 has a reputation beyond reputezman246 has a reputation beyond reputezman246 has a reputation beyond reputezman246 has a reputation beyond reputezman246 has a reputation beyond reputezman246 has a reputation beyond reputezman246 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisdad View Post
I may try that, but I'm skeptical.. Few problems...

- I need to paint the body kit and grand am gt side moldings anyway.

- There are huge rock chips on my hood down to the metal which are deep.

- Long, deep scratches on my roof (2 feet long) and trunk lid (1 foot long) and a deep scratch on my drivers side quarter panel just above my rear bumper cover that is about 4 inches long and 3/16 wide down to the metal.

The rock chips and scratches will still be there after the repaint. If you really want them gone you'll have to pay the shop extra to sand them out or glaze them. Either way they should prime them afterwards. Same goes for the scratches- they have to be sanded out and primed and sanded again and sealed before paint. If you can't feel the scratches with your fingernail then you could probably get away with having the shop sand them out before paint with no bodywork necessary. Most of the time those kinds of scratches can even be sanded and buffed out with no painting needed. If you held off on paint then I suppose you could get touch up paint for the chips but you're kind of screwed on the deep scratches.
zman246 is offline   Reply With Quote