Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > Regional Discussions & Meets > Canada

Old 12-01-2003, 06:04 PM   #1
b-spot
GLS member

b-spot is an unknown quantity at this point
Jeez, turns out lots of the things i've been pulled over for are completely legal. Odd how they always find something else stupid to give me a ticket for instead...

Alberta Traffic Act
Originally Posted by StockAlero00 @ Jul 1 2005, 11:15 PM
If I did went to college...

b-spot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 05:00 PM   #2
velocity

Yeah every time I get a ticket (not all that often, *knock on wood*) I check the statute that I have supposedly broken and if it matches with the charge, usually they are pretty thorough. But one time I got a ticket for tinted windows and they wrote down that I violated section 32.7 or something and the actual tint law is section 32.17 (not sure about the actual number but you get the idea).
Old 12-15-2003, 07:04 PM   #3
speedy

Tint is the only thing I get hassled for. Got lots of threats but never a ticket.

But, you have to remember, there are also local laws (city bylaws) to worry about.
Old 01-07-2004, 01:59 PM   #4
Cyber Knight
Swank

Cyber Knight is an unknown quantity at this point
The cops that pull you over for corrupting society and risking hundreds of lives with a couple of blue lights on your car are just flexing their nuts. One told me his pet peeve is neon lights on cars. He issues tickets based on his PET PEEVE?!?! Well my pet peeve is ugly people, so that'll be $65 officer, get a nose job. *Sigh*, that's why I keep my neon off more often than not, it's a shame...
Old 01-12-2004, 12:40 PM   #5
alero_power

Hey well if we are all talking about getting pulled over!! I have you all beat!! I was pulled over... and Mike you know this story...... because they though I was part of a gang. They thought my sweet little innocent alero was gang related!! HA! They had me pullled over for 45 minutes with 2 cop cars and 3 cops!! Its retarded!!! And jsut last month! I was pulled over on Mcleod Tr..... And the ticket he gave me states the the driver is driving a vehicle that does not comply with regulations! Figure that one out!! Its 115 bucks!! So I went to fight it and hte lady at the justice of peace counter said that he was having a bad day and to take the ticket to the crown prosectuor!!! ha ha ha ha ha stupid cop!!! He had a belly ache from all the donuts he was eating!!
HE HE HE HE HE HE HE HE HE
Old 01-21-2004, 01:13 AM   #6
Silverknight

nice nice, I once got a ticket for going through a R.I.D.E program and not turning off my neon blue lights under my dash..I took it to court and got the ticket nullified because the tubes were not visible from the drivers perspective. Dumbass Cops....
Old 01-21-2004, 03:30 PM   #7
nex

Quote:
Originally posted by alero_power@Jan 12 2004, 05:40 PM
Hey well if we are all talking about getting pulled over!! I have you all beat!! I was pulled over... and Mike you know this story...... because they though I was part of a gang. They thought my sweet little innocent alero was gang related!! HA! They had me pullled over for 45 minutes with 2 cop cars and 3 cops!! Its retarded!!! And jsut last month! I was pulled over on Mcleod Tr..... And the ticket he gave me states the the driver is driving a vehicle that does not comply with regulations! Figure that one out!! Its 115 bucks!! So I went to fight it and hte lady at the justice of peace counter said that he was having a bad day and to take the ticket to the crown prosectuor!!! ha ha ha ha ha stupid cop!!! He had a belly ache from all the donuts he was eating!!
HE HE HE HE HE HE HE HE HE
well actully your not allowed to modify your exhaust in any way. So that could be why your vechile didnt comply with regulations. I know many of people who have gotten exhaust tickets.
Old 01-21-2004, 06:39 PM   #8
Molson
V.I.P. Member

Molson is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Molson Send a message via MSN to Molson
Quote:
Originally posted by Cyber Knight@Jan 7 2004, 01:59 PM
The cops that pull you over for corrupting society and risking hundreds of lives with a couple of blue lights on your car are just flexing their nuts. One told me his pet peeve is neon lights on cars. He issues tickets based on his PET PEEVE?!?! Well my pet peeve is ugly people, so that'll be $65 officer, get a nose job. *Sigh*, that's why I keep my neon off more often than not, it's a shame...
are neon (undercar) lights illegal in AB?
Molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 06:55 PM   #9
Cyber Knight
Swank

Cyber Knight is an unknown quantity at this point
Well it's a grey area. The law states you can't have any lights on the outside of your car except red, amber, yellow, orange, and white. So if your neon is one of those colors you should be ok. Next comes the wonderful world of stunting. If a cop thinks your car is a distraction to other drivers, especially those white neon lights under your car, he can nail you with a stunting ticket which is big coin and I think 7 demerits (the most). Funny how the neon lights on ever store on every street aren't a problem, and those signs are specifically designed to get your attention. Until all of the more serious crimes have been solved, then they shouldn't be spending time on weak things like the color of the lights on a car.
Old 01-24-2004, 12:47 AM   #10
BLK03GXS
GLS member

BLK03GXS is an unknown quantity at this point
Cops suck... I was in abby the other night.. drivin around with a Gf of mine.. i went to turn around in a mall parking lot.. and as i was turning into the lot Guess whos behind me.. your freindly neighbourhood rook... :rolleyes: followed me untill i left town.. for 10 minutes... hitting me with radar.. dont they seriously have something better to do... issed:

BLK03GXS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 11:20 PM   #11
sparkey

Sometime you gotta wonder. I got a ticket last summer for tinted headlight covers at 1:30 in the afternoon. How would he know if I take them off at night or not. Also I had my driving lights on (fog lamps). They are alot brighter than the drl's. Glad to be assistance and help with his quota!!