Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 09-05-2004, 02:47 PM   #1
glowbot

I just cleared my conors. They look great all but for that damn turning light thats orange. I'm talking about the big one. I am thinking of getting some SUPER bright 10mm LED lights and replacing the bulbs with them. First I want to ask you guys here if there is any bulbs that are clear that turn orange when turned on or where I can find blue bulbs for the alero that are legal to use in VA as turning lights. I would ask the state police but all they give me is some chapter out of a code book. Like as if I understand that s**t lol. The way they word things it sounds like it's illegal to walk down the street lol.

Adam
Old 09-05-2004, 02:52 PM   #2
FormulaNERD
GLS member

FormulaNERD is an unknown quantity at this point
well a regular blue bulb is gonna glow white. and as long as the little outsided 194 is amber, they cant say anything. but if you go and put some super bright 10mm blue led's in it, they might just say something, it differs from state to state. i see people around here driving with their neons on, leds in the headlamps, windshiled washer leds, all that crazy jazz, and they dont get pulled over, even on labor day weekend when everyone gets pulled over.

oh, and i was gonna put red led's in the front, i tried the 3057 and the 3157. they both just blew fuses.
FormulaNERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 09:56 PM   #3
glowbot

Ya. The police around here look for reasons to pull you over. I do a lot of 95 driving and the drug cops are always looking for codes to pull cars over and seach them. So the only time I can run my lighting outside the car is when I'm in parking lots, back roads or shows. In VA neons under you car need to be covered by black tube while on public roads lol. I don't cover mine think a cop would have to be really hard up to pull me over for something like that but I have seen people pulled over for running them.

The LED part I can do. I have been working with LED lighting for a year now and electronics for 6 years. True some things need to be changed in order to run them but it's possible. The thing with them is they are clear so you don't see them that's why I was thinking of doing it. I'm going to find a way to do this so everything is clear and post how I did it.

Adam
Old 09-06-2004, 02:51 AM   #4
AftermathAlero
V.I.P. Member

AftermathAlero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to AftermathAlero
damn newbies..lol j/j

I got LED amber/orange turn signal in my front headlights both 194 and 3157. Awesome look when they're off cuz its all clear. No modifications needed besides adding in a resistor parallel with the big 3157 bulb to make it blink normal.

I wouldn't do blue unless you don't drive your vehicle. You'll be stopped ASAP.
Old 09-06-2004, 03:14 AM   #5
glowbot

Cool I well keep you guys posted see what I can come up with. I know a guy that makes LED lights see if I get get him to make me 2 15mm or 20mm bulbs. I don't think 10 mm is going to do for that one. Then I well have to custom fit the LEDs in there. May mold a new socket for the LED to fit into that well clip in the same way the stock does or just mod the stock to work with the LED light. I well see. Late and I can't think right now.

Adam
Old 09-06-2004, 09:07 AM   #6
ImSoBored
GL Member

ImSoBored is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to ImSoBored
Quote:
Originally posted by FormulaNERD@Sep 5 2004, 06:52 PM
as long as the little outsided 194 is amber
Ive had red bulbs in for proly a year now, and ive never once had a problem
Old 09-06-2004, 11:49 AM   #7
glowbot

My county I live in is really picky about stuff like this hell VA has a code book a mile long. Really have to watch what I do. If you look at the traffic codes for VA your not even allowed to have decals or stickers on your car windows. Max front tint is 51% and back is 35% for cars. Now the odds of getting pulled over for a decal is like one out of a million but it could happen if they wanted to. Anyway my point is around the DC area cops are a bit harder on drivers then in most places.

Adam
Old 09-06-2004, 01:51 PM   #8
Illarin

Could always go with the silverstar 3157s.. they look blue when you're looking at them, but they light up amber. I have them in mine and I love 'em. I think I posted pictures in the review section.
Old 09-06-2004, 11:58 PM   #9
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
http://discountleds.com/

i am using all led`s up front and in the rear
i have blue led`s in the 3rd brake light and sat behind a cop and he pulled next to me didn`t do a damn thing lol
i guess the law is differnet where ever you go
bdyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 01:34 AM   #10
mobs241

mine arnt cleared yet, but if you want look at my avtar, those are silverstars.ill post pics as soon as my corners are clear but the lmig is more of a priority.
Old 09-07-2004, 01:40 AM   #11
glowbot

Ya they are cool. Give a blue tint in the day and glow amber at night. I might run down and pick some of them up. For sure going to go with LEDs as soon as I can get some big ones made for me.

Adam