Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > Regional Discussions & Meets > Canada

Old 03-03-2004, 11:55 PM   #1
Crazy_Canuck

'Peggers, if any of you need a hand with your cars, let me know. I'm always down with helping out on a car. I have a lot of mechanical knowledge, and have a diploma in electronics.... I've installed a lot of audio systems.

I have a lot of wire, connectors, solder, and tools that I can help out with.

Cheers!
Old 03-04-2004, 07:16 AM   #2
chicken_dog

Cool how much do you charge by the hour??
Old 03-04-2004, 09:00 AM   #3
Crazy_Canuck

Quote:
Originally posted by chicken_dog@Mar 4 2004, 12:16 PM
Cool how much do you charge by the hour??
As they say on Monster Garage.... FREEEEEEEEBIE!!!!!!

I just love working on cars.
Old 03-04-2004, 09:51 AM   #4
Maverick

Sweet ... Crazy!

I just bought s system off of a buddy and was going to try anf figure out how to install... Maybe you could help or provide guidence. Here's what I got:

Kenwood KDC-X769 HU
Orion 800W 4 channel amp

I've installed HU's before (in easier setup's.... not GM's) and never installed a 4-channel amp before. Any tricks to installing one of these, good placement ideas, how do you wiring these in?

Thanks for any help.
Old 03-04-2004, 10:18 AM   #5
havik

I'm going to take you up on the offer. I wanted to install my audio myself but wasn't sure how too (and didn't want to mess it up ). I got an alpine deck, a RF amp, 2 12" subs, and 4x6 door panel speakers to set up. Plus I got some cathodes I should install at the same time as well.

Think we can set something up?
Old 03-04-2004, 01:19 PM   #6
Crazy_Canuck

Mav & Havik, you guys have a nice warm heated garage to work in?

If so, I could probably help you both out anytime soon. Otherwise, it's best to wait for the weather to warm up. Nothing sucks more than working on this stuff in the freezing cold, most of the parts / wiring requires no gloves. :P

I haven't really done many enclosures, but I have done a lot of woodwork / reno's, thus I have all the tools. I can probably get my hands on some software to aid in design of the sub enclosures.

When were you thinking of getting this stuff installed?
Old 03-04-2004, 01:52 PM   #7
Maverick

I'm not too worried about getting it in right away, I still have my factory system up with a RF Amp and RF HE 12" sub... sounds okay.

We'll have to try and get something together once the weather warms up, I don't have a heated garage...
Old 03-04-2004, 01:55 PM   #8
Maverick

BTW.... I have access to AutoCAD and the experience to do up some drawings for sub boxes, if you're interested. Let me know, and if I have some time I can whip something up... :thumbsup:
Old 03-04-2004, 02:19 PM   #9
AleroSS

Hey Jeff, nicely done dude, glad to see more peggers (especially the newbies on here) offering their services to help each other out, well done. I would gladly help you guys out as well, and I am in the midst of trying to find a heated workspace during the cold months, but come summer I have a double garage that we can use for pre sunday nite cruising and such. Like Jeff said, if anyone needs any help with any installs, or anything, gimme a shout, I'd be glad to help out, and/or learn a few tricks in the process.
Old 03-04-2004, 03:19 PM   #10
Crazy_Canuck

Hm, I *might* be able to get my father-in-law's workspace. He rents space at a garage in Transcona. He might be willing to let us use it on occasion, it just depends on what he has in there at the time. He's a firefighter by trade, but also moonlights as a mechanic and truck driver. I'm guessing it would be warm enough in mid April otherwise.

Mav, that'd be great if you could lend your knowledge of autocad / sub enclosures to the rest of the 'Peggers.

Landon, thanks buddy. I think it would be cool to build the Alero community here the 'Peg. Helping out each other is a good start to building a solid community.

I'm always up for sharing knowledge and learning new stuff.
Old 03-04-2004, 06:23 PM   #11
havik

Well, I'm in no big rush to install the system (I've had it for a few months now ) but it'd be great to install it though.

A Winnipeg Alero Community sounds good to me, I remember Landon and I talking about that quite a few months ago. I wonder if Winnipeg is the best represented city on aleromod??
Old 03-04-2004, 07:20 PM   #12
AleroSS

Glad we are really pulling together here guys. I think if we arent the best rep'ed city on aleromod, come summer, we will be :thumbsup:

What sorta stuff does your father in law have at his shop? Does he have a hoist or anything? How many bays? Would he let us go in there on weekends or evenings? Would he be able to hook us up with some deals if we needed him to do any mechanical work?
Old 03-04-2004, 07:23 PM   #13
99blackalero

maybe for canada
Old 03-04-2004, 08:08 PM   #14
boarder211

Hey! What about me?

Yeah... if anyone needs another set of hands, or someone who's pretty damn good at figuring things out, I'll always be there to help.

Me thinks that Landon's going to want to use the garage to install the exhaust that he stole from me.

As for the 'peg Alero commuinty... we really need to get some cute girls who drive Aleros to hang with us....
Old 03-04-2004, 10:09 PM   #15
JMac'sAlero

Sweet Crazy I gotta remember to talk to ya once I get my head wrapped around what I want how ya at wiring for lights?
thinking bout addin another set of running lights but instead of the usual bulbs was gonna look around and see if I can get red ones cuz I wanna be doing red under body lights as well
Old 03-04-2004, 10:36 PM   #16
Crazy_Canuck

Quote:
Originally posted by AleroSS@Mar 5 2004, 12:20 AM
What sorta stuff does your father in law have at his shop? Does he have a hoist or anything? How many bays? Would he let us go in there on weekends or evenings? Would he be able to hook us up with some deals if we needed him to do any mechanical work?

boarder, if you need a hand, you know I'm down with it.

JMac, I can figure out any wiring. That's what I specialize in.... electronics / electrical. I have a diploma in electronics.

He's got everything. It's only one bay, all air powered tools, a vehicle lift, tranny jacks, engine hoist, just about everything one could want. I think there's even a welder in there, I'm not very good at welding though.

I'm sure he'd be willing to give a hand from time to time, and could definitely get us some deals on parts. I could even get some deals on parts or machining through my fathers old machine shop (even though he's retired). I grew up as a kid around the shop and know all the guys there.
Old 03-04-2004, 10:36 PM   #17
chicken_dog

Oh i need help with my autometer gauges the lights stopped working for some reason or another im sure it is just a fuse though.
Old 03-04-2004, 10:37 PM   #18
Crazy_Canuck

Quote:
Originally posted by chicken_dog@Mar 5 2004, 03:36 AM
Oh i need help with my autometer gauges the lights stopped working for some reason or another im sure it is just a fuse though.
Let me know when / where and I'm there CD.

Just make sure it's a heated garage if you plan on doing it while it's cold out. :P
Old 03-04-2004, 10:41 PM   #19
chicken_dog

Thanks alot i don't have a heated garage so it will have to wait till the summer but i really appreciate the help.
Old 03-04-2004, 11:18 PM   #20
Crazy_Canuck

No problem. Just let me know if you need help when it gets warm out.