Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 08-27-2004, 10:53 PM   #41
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
no it will not be done by next weekend
i will be in the g/f`s car
and no your tires will not rub but i would suggest to you not drop all the way not good on the cv joints
bdyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 11:11 PM   #42
-Alero-
GLS member

-Alero- is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to -Alero-
did you have to get a camber kit?
Old 08-29-2004, 09:06 AM   #43
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
no there is plenty of adjustment in the strut for aligmnet
Old 08-29-2004, 03:52 PM   #44
Oldsmopimp

kinda off topic(sorry Chris) But I have a complete camber kit laying around. Brand new, I never used it. So who-ever buys the coil-overs if they want, I'll sell it for $30. Let Chris(bdyman) know, and I can give him the camber kit to include.
Old 08-29-2004, 09:06 PM   #45
bdyman
GLS member

naw ya know i don`t care
but anyway here are some pic`s of what i did today
my brother built the wood frame and i bought some carpet and what you see here is what the finished product looks like
Old 08-29-2004, 09:07 PM   #46
bdyman
GLS member

and the frame in the car
Old 08-29-2004, 09:12 PM   #47
Oldsmopimp

Lookin super clean! Goddamn, by the time I get out there to help ya yer gonna be done! Slow down foo! lol, Im thinkin sat or sunday i'll cruz out, no way I can make a weekday.
Old 08-29-2004, 09:21 PM   #48
bdyman
GLS member

sunday iam goin to michigan to drop off the coil overs that someone bought so i save him shipping costs
but ya saturday should be good
Old 08-29-2004, 09:28 PM   #49
bdyman
GLS member

my brother built my vision meaning the wood frame
and g/f and i went to pep boys and i bought the carpet and there it is
we both did a pretty good job i say for my first attempt at something like that
soon very soon iam hoping to have this done
Old 08-29-2004, 10:24 PM   #50
BigJon34

Did you have to reinforce anything. I saw a dude install bags and his rear window shattered because of the stress I guess. Is the maintanence going to be a bitch? Like you said before bdyman, it is a constantly moving part. Is there a reason it's less hassle than juice?
Old 08-30-2004, 12:20 AM   #51
smokinAMD
V.I.P. Member

smokinAMD is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to smokinAMD Send a message via AIM to smokinAMD Send a message via MSN to smokinAMD Send a message via Yahoo to smokinAMD
What are you going to do with your subs? Have them farther back in the trunk or what?
smokinAMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 12:43 AM   #52
theirishgonzo

i would suguest getting rid of the spare and droping a sub in there.
Old 08-30-2004, 12:50 AM   #53
-Alero-
GLS member

-Alero- is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to -Alero-
yeah i was wondering where the subs would go too cause i need to find out where to put 3 15's when i get air bags on my car
Old 08-30-2004, 01:08 AM   #54
AftermathAlero
V.I.P. Member

AftermathAlero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to AftermathAlero
Quote:
Originally posted by BigJon34@Aug 30 2004, 02:24 AM
Did you have to reinforce anything. I saw a dude install bags and his rear window shattered because of the stress I guess. Is the maintanence going to be a bitch? Like you said before bdyman, it is a constantly moving part. Is there a reason it's less hassle than juice?
The reason for the back window to shatter is prolly cuz the guy did side to side action. Side-to-side is a no no on our cars. Only front and back action for us unibody cars.
Old 08-30-2004, 01:27 AM   #55
bdyman
GLS member

^^^correct, and i just don`t like juice to each it`s own i say
the sub`s are goin to be in front of the wood frame
no fiberglass for me i like doing things old school i think that looks better just my own opinion
Old 08-31-2004, 03:20 PM   #56
racin4JC
GL Member

racin4JC is an unknown quantity at this point
How big of a drop do your chassis tech air struts allow for? And are they adjustable like Air Ride struts for ride quality or racing?
racin4JC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 06:11 PM   #57
bdyman
GLS member

almost 5 inches
when iam done i will put pic`s up
Old 08-31-2004, 06:34 PM   #58
Silentalero
Kitteh is back!!!!

Silentalero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Silentalero Send a message via AIM to Silentalero Send a message via MSN to Silentalero Send a message via Yahoo to Silentalero
btw his arent chassistech, his are air ride technologies

plus chasistech sucks, i use to have their bags
Silentalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 03:23 PM   #59
bdyman
GLS member

ya that was my vision at first to have my brother build a wood frame and put my sub`s and amp`s and air tank all in cased in the wood frame and fiberglass the entire thing
but no time not enough money and i still have to go job hunting so i kinda went old school i guess it looks real good with all the trunk carpet and the frame in it
but when iam all done i will put up pic`s
Old 09-08-2004, 10:24 PM   #60
bdyman
GLS member

:thumbsup: air ride is done :thumbsup:
i still have to finish mounting the frame and the subs
clean the seats and install
clean the carpet and install
clean the interior and install all pieces
here are some pic`s of what i did and finished tonight