Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > Regional Discussions & Meets > Canada

Old 12-06-2003, 01:43 PM   #1
ptrudel
Designated Drunk

ptrudel is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to ptrudel
hey, does anybody here snowmobile at all? just wondering..if ya, what do u drive?

i'm more of a yamaha guy myself..
Old 12-06-2003, 02:43 PM   #2
seed_o

I'd like to try sleddin'. Never gone before. Not much snow down here in Windsor ya know.
Old 12-06-2003, 05:33 PM   #3
havik

Used to cruise in a Grand Touring. Really nice ride. But got into an accident and scared myself good. When I make trips back to my home town (norway house, mb) I drive my dad's old Skandic around sometimes
Old 12-07-2003, 03:05 AM   #4
nex

i got 2 polaris's i love them i always goto b.c and hit up the moutians
Old 12-07-2003, 07:34 PM   #5
overdrive75

Yeah I ride, but down here in the states, I have 2 Yamaha's and one polaris.
Old 12-08-2003, 12:22 PM   #6
ptrudel
Designated Drunk

i'd love to cruise up to bc to go play in the mountains...but it's a lil far for me rite now...some day tho...
Old 12-11-2003, 05:48 PM   #7
Insane75

I drive my dad's skandic around on the trails and my ol' limp rooster when I go ice fishing. what I really want though is a mxz 440lc. anybody know anyone who has one for sale? for like say under 2500?
Old 12-11-2003, 07:16 PM   #8
overdrive75

I know where there is a 95 Yamaha v-max 4 800 cc for $2600 american, it was there last week at least. Low miles too 1300.
Old 12-11-2003, 10:47 PM   #9
Insane75

hmmmmm 800 eh. I think that that is a little too big for me. The reason that I want a 440lc is mainly for insurance reasons. Also I doubt that there has been anything made to date that can touch it off the line. (ecspessially if you get a race preped one.) top end is another story but I don't really need to go 200mph across a lake.
Old 12-12-2003, 11:42 AM   #10
havik

Quote:
but I don't really need to go 200mph across a lake.

Why not? What if you need to get across really fast?

I was happy with the 583cc Grand Touring. Not too many people had more than that around my area, so it was still one of the fastest sleds around.
Old 12-12-2003, 05:46 PM   #11
needforspeed

i have a 2002 ski doo 500 i ride some up north in the upper up of michigan everyone have fun snowmobiling this winter i know i will!!
Old 12-13-2003, 09:23 AM   #12
ptrudel
Designated Drunk

insane75, if you get a race prepped 44lc, it'll be as much if not more than a 600lc...and the 600 is gonna be just as quick if u do a couple mods to it...that's what i got is a 600SX, and with the setup i'm gettin done, it'll take a hell of a good 700 to catch me...won't be cheap, but thats what i like...doin 125mph on a lake is a big rush...oh ya, if ur gonna be runnin that fast, make sure u know the area, a pressure crack hits hella hard (speaking from experience)
Old 12-14-2003, 10:47 AM   #13
Insane75

Quote:
a pressure crack hits hella hard (speaking from experience)

lol thats why I am a little leary on going light speed across a lake. I do agree that its a rush but a lot of people get killed going fast too. IMO if you want to go that fast then use common sence. Drive like that durin gthe day and not at night...only on lakes...stay away from the shore line..(my neibour had a snowmobiler decapitate himself on her diving board a few years ago[the board was well marked the driver was just ging too fast and over ran his lights]) and know the lake that you are riding on. And for heavens sake if you are going across a farmers field please stay on the trail. Not just to keep the farmer happy but for your own saftey. Electric fences are extremly hard to see against the snow and even if they are marked the wind generally pushes the marking tape to the post so you can't see it anyway. Most of these fences are just high enough that they will deflect over you hood and windshield and thats not good(these wires are very strong too...a sled generally will not break them). Sorry for the rant but I don't want to see any body get hurt while out on the trails this winter.

[/quote]insane75, if you get a race prepped 44lc, it'll be as much if not more than a 600lc[quote] oh my bad
Old 01-20-2004, 12:09 AM   #14
alerotuner

Ya I ride too. I have a 2001 Polaris RMK 600. Although, the last two years, we haven't gotten the amount of snow I like for sledding.