Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > Forced Induction Performance

Old 09-28-2009, 02:47 PM   #1
Th0r
GX Member

Th0r will become famous soon enough
Damaged 2.4L Supercharger

My brother's Alero is sitting in my shop, totaled. :/

Good news for me is my dad installed the S/C in it before he gave it to him. I have all the original parts in storage so I'm going to rip that out of there tomorrow before it gets scrapped. What I need is a complete list of parts that I need to remove. Most of it looks straightforward but I don't want to miss anything.

Thanks in advance.

Ed;
Is there a How-To on dash removal anywhere? I thought I saw one before but can't find it. I'm gonna swap that too.

Last edited by Th0r : 10-01-2009 at 09:53 AM.
Th0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 03:19 PM   #2
jayson_waltz
GLS member

jayson_waltz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jayson_waltz
Well, for reference pic, all of this.VV

I'm still looking to find a part numbers list for you
jayson_waltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 03:25 PM   #3
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
your main concern, take off the supercharger/intake manifold, and the PCV baffle right under it, and the idler pulley and bracket. and the fuel injectors. the rest can be found elsewhere for cheap if necessary, but everything in that picture can be taken off for the complete kit.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 11:59 PM   #4
Th0r
GX Member

Well the hit was harder then I was told. Map sensor is no where to be found and that springy valve thingy under the front of the blower is trashed. Is that even servicable?
Old 09-30-2009, 06:54 AM   #5
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
Is the blower itself damaged?
Old 09-30-2009, 07:59 AM   #6
Th0r
GX Member

The blower looks fine and all the pulleys spin freely. The blower itself didn't take a hit. The corner of the radiator caught the bypass actuator and one of the nipples (oil fill/drain?). I found the MAP sensor, but the hose connector is busted off. Gonna need a new one. As far as the Bypass Actuator, is that pretty much a universal design or will I need to find one specifically for the MP45?

Last edited by Th0r : 09-30-2009 at 08:49 AM.
Old 09-30-2009, 01:46 PM   #7
Th0r
GX Member

Here's a pic of the damage area. That nipple is laid flat and cracked. Is that something that might be fixable and is it an issue to run it like that?

Also, Is this the proper bypass valve?
http://www.zzperformance.com/grand_p...=840&catid=106

Last edited by Th0r : 12-14-2009 at 11:48 AM.
Old 09-30-2009, 05:39 PM   #8
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
It seems fixable... and you need the correct bypass valve that came with the kit.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 09:59 AM   #9
Th0r
GX Member

GM number is discontinued so I may have to rig this one up.The actuator is busted off the mount, but I can 40/40 that. The assembly is still airtight. The rod appears bent and don't know that the original angles are. I could really use a close of picture of the actuator assembly. If anyone can snap one that would be great.
Old 10-01-2009, 10:03 AM   #10
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
you can order bypass valves from whipple industries or eaton and make them work, trust me.....
Old 10-02-2009, 01:47 PM   #11
Th0r
GX Member

I'm sure you could...but I'd have no idea where to start, haha.

I see plenty of add-on bypass valves, but I can't find just an actuator.
Old 10-09-2009, 11:46 AM   #12
Th0r
GX Member

Turns out the actuator from a '92 Buick Park Avenue Ultra works perfect. Just got to pull it off the old bracket to mount it to the MP45 one, and pull the restrictor off the original actuator and fit it onto the Buick's.

Spring rate is still within usable parameters. Factory actuator begins compressing at at 3.8lbs, fully compresses at about 9.5lbs. The one off the Buick is 4.2lbs and 9.9lbs respectively. My scale isn't super precise, but it still puts both very close.

Yay.

Last edited by Th0r : 12-14-2009 at 11:48 AM.